Dreams

Every Day

Serin loved the fact that she now got to spend every morning with Hoon, snuggling in bed before getting up to get Eunsook and Taekhyun ready for school. The two worked together to get the kids prepared, and once they were on their way, Serin and Hoon rode into the company building together. It was pleasant and laid back, and Serin actually appreciated Soohyun more for making it so that she could live like this. Of course, he didn’t want to get started too early in the morning either, now that he was married, as well.

As she laid in bed thinking about things, what she was going to wear, what she had to do in the office, the next trip they were going on, she heard Hoon’s movements rustling the comforter. He was repositioning himself in his sleep as he started to wake up. She rolled herself to face him, finding his back towards hers. She simply pressed herself against him, placing an arm around his waist, and sighing contentedly as she nuzzled into his neck, breathing in his scent.

Her movement roused him from his slumber, and he slowly woke up, enjoying the feeling of her s pressed against his back and the warmth that emanated from her. It was still a cool morning, and her skin against his felt comforting. “Mornin’,” he said, slurring the word drowsily.

She kissed the back of his shoulders, tightening her grip on his torso. “Good morning, Hoonie,” she whispered.

He stretched his arms over his head before rolling onto his back and working his right arm under her head. She still lay pressed against his side, arm draped over his bare abdomen. “What time is it?” he asked, eyes still closed.

“6:30,” she said. She reached up and brushed a stray hair off his face. He always looked so fluffy and unkempt in the morning. She still loved seeing his bare, sleepy face in the morning. He was most vulnerable then, and her heart swelled with love every time she woke up with him. “There’s a little time before we have to get the kids ready.”

“Want to take a shower?” he asked lazily.

“I’d rather just snuggle today. Sorry, Hoonie. Ask me again another time.”

“Mmmm. It’s okay. I’ll just try to sleep a bit more.”

“Are you sure?’ she asked then, running her hand over the defined abdominal muscles, trailing her hand lower to the waistband of his boxer briefs. “I can take care of things for you, if you want.”

“Stop teasing me, and you won’t have to,” he told her sternly, opening an eye to peek at her.

“You like it, though,” she said.

“I do like it. But you said you weren’t in the mood, so stop teasing me if you have no intentions to follow through.”

She pouted but did as requested, sliding her hand back up to his torso. “I’m sorry. Another time. I don’t want to have rush.”

“I know,” he told her gently, moving his arm so he could hold her hand. “You know, Serin, I’ve been thinking recently.”

“About what?” she asked, curious.

“I sort of… want another child.”

She sighed. This wasn't the first time he'd brought it up. "I've told you no several times already."

“I know,” he said while nodding. “But I missed out on so much the last two times. I really regret not being around for you. So I just want to go through the full experience with you.”

“Well… after Taekhyun, I sort of decided I wasn’t going to have anymore. Taking care of him was really hard on me, Hoonie.”

“Yeah, but Soohyun was also pressuring you at the same time, and I wasn’t around at all. I’ve truly been thinking hard about whether or not I want to renew my contract, and I don’t think I want to. I’m ready to be done,” Hoon explained to her. “I want us to buy property in the country near my parents and start my sport complex. I want to have another baby and raise it with love in the country. I want to be there all the time.”

Serin thought about what he was saying. He hadn't explained himself quite as thoroughly in the past. “You’re really considering leaving the group?”

“Yes,” he said, resigned. “I just… want to move on. I don’t want to travel anymore. I love it and all of our fans, and I won’t like disappointing them, but I am just tired. I want to do other things. I want to run a sport complex and spend time with you and the kids. I want my own schedule. And I really want a third child. As long aa you agree to it.”

“If you’re honestly going to do that, I’m willing to consider one more baby,” Serin stated matter-of-factly. “It’s too much work on my own. But if you’re going to be around, I would be willing to give it a try.”

He lit up, hugging her close then, happy. “Thank you,” he whispered into her ear, kissing her temple.

She smiled at him. “I’ll stop taking my birth control when I reach the end of the pack. I don’t want to try excessively hard. Like with Eunsook, we’ll just see how it goes. I am older now, so it could be harder.”

He nodded in agreement. “I’m just happy that you’re willing to try.”

She was getting ready to kiss him when there was a knock on the door. “Momma, Appa?” Eunsook asked. “Can I come in?”

Serin slid herself away from Hoon a bit before answering, “Come in, Hime.”

The door opened, and Eunsook trudged to them, tears in her eyes. When Serin noticed them, she immediately got out of bed and walked over to her. Kneeling down in front of her, she asked her daughter, “What’s the matter, Hime?”

“I had a scary dream, Momma,” Eunsook said. “You and appa were hurt and weren’t with me anymore.”

Serin frowned and hugged her tightly. “It’s okay,” she assured Eunsook. “We’re both here and okay.”

Eunsook clinged to Serin, not wanting to let go. Hoon spoke up then. “Eunsookie, climb in bed with us and get a little more sleep. We’re not going anywhere.”

Serin led her nearly 7-year old daughter to bed with her, and Eunsook climbed in, sidling up next to Hoon, who gently her hair. She sighed contentedly, and Serin climbed in behind her and hugged her gently. “Don’t worry about bad dreams, Eunsookie. They’re just dreams. We’re still here. We love you very much.”

Eunsook said nothing, having rather quickly fallen back to sleep in the comfort of her parents’ embrace. Serin looked up at Hoon and flashed him a smile, happy to have their daughter with them, and his face reflected the same feeling. “I guess we could try to sleep a little more, too,” Serin suggested. “There’s a bit of time left before we have to get up.”

He had already closed his eyes. “Mmhmm,” he agreed.

She shook her head, laughing gently, closing her own eyes, with arms wrapped around her daughter protectively. She wasn’t going to sleep any more, but she simply relished the peace of the moment.