Forgetful Forgiveness

The Pain of Idol Love

Your POV

Grr...why did LA have to get cancelled?  I was totally looking forward to having him all to myself for a week. I guess I'll have to settle for the little bit of time we can see each other and wait until another opportunity arises.  Right now I just hope we can spend my birthday together.

I closed my journal shoving it back in its hiding place.  I glanced over to his empty side of the bed remembering my 6am wake up call.

"I'm leaving for my schedule.  I'll see you later."  He kissed my cheek and I groggily nodded my head closing my eyes again.

I smiled at the memory wishing he didn't have to leave.  I threw the covers onto his side of the bed after checking my phone for the time. 

"8 o'clock?!" I was freaking out.  I had to be to work in an hour and still hadn't showered yet.

I quickly went to the bathroom to shower.  I finished getting ready in 30 minutes and rushed to work knowing no matter how fast I went I was going to be late.  I was in for a surprise when I walked in.

"Welcome Back!!!" They all yelled with Eun Hee smiling behind them snapping pictures.

"Wow guys! I don't know what to say." I said almost on the verge of tears.  I was so happy I didn't know what to do.  They all hugged me with Eun Hee last. 

"Saengilchookahae Yi Seul."  I hugged her again before taking the balloons and flowers to my office.

 It would have been nice to have a mini party but patients were going to be coming in soon.  I sat at my desk and checked my phone for the time. Hmm..still no text from Sehun? He didn't forget I'm sure. I brushed the thought away and went out to greet my patient.

"Shin Sa-yah~" I said picking up the toddler.  "Hey cutie~ Where's mommy?"

"Right here." His mom said walking in.  "He get's faster and faster every day."

"I see."  I said tickling him. I set him down holding his hand.  "Let's get your check up started." I walked him to the room and put him on the table. "Has he had any problems lately? He's eating okay?" His mom nodded. "That's good."  I said smiling.  I finished his check up noting in his log that he was completely healthy.  "Do you want a treat?" He nodded his head and I walked to my office grabbing a banana milk and going back to him.  I opened it and gave it to him seeing his little face light up.

"He really missed you while you were gone."

"Aww I missed him too." I pinched his little cheeks.  "I won't hire anymore crazy assistants arrasso?"

"Deh!" He shouted then giggled making me and his mom laugh. 

"I'll see you guys in 6 months."  I said hugging him and smiling.  His mom nodded and they left.

My next patient was carried in screaming her head off and her mom looked like she hadn't slept in days. I took them back to the room with the mom setting her carrier on the table.  I gently took the baby out and began rocking her. 

"Mi Ji-yah~ eottokkaji~" I said sitting her up and patting her back.    "What's the matter~"  I started humming to her smiling as she calmed down and the crying stopped.

"Thank you so much.  She's been crying since yesterday afternoon."

"Has she been eating normally?"

"Not really.  What she does eat comes back up."

"Okay.  It sounds like acid reflux to me.  There's not much to do besides putting her on medicine.  If that doesn't help you'll have to change her milk."

"Arrasso."  She said looking slightly relieved.

"I don't have another patient for a few hours.  What do you say I take care of her for an hour or two?"

"I can't let you do that."

"You don't have to leave.  You can sleep in the break room.  But, you need to rest so her mom doesn't end up in the hospital."  After a few minutes of deliberation, she gave in and I showed her the breakroom.

I rocked Mi Ji until she was asleep then laid her back in her carrier taking her to my office where it was quieter.  I returned to filling out files and making reminder calls for appointments that were coming up.  Just as I was ending the last reminder call, Mi Ji was awake and crying again.  I picked her up seeing she needed to be changed. 

"Wow time flew." I said looking at my phone.  "Let's go get mommy." She smiled at the thought of her mom and I took her back to the breakroom.  I woke her mom up and she smiled. 

"Thank you." She said standing up and take Mi Ji from me.

"She was a sleeping bundle of cuteness."  I said leading them out of the breakroom.  "Here is her prescription."  I said handing her the piece of paper.  She took it and they left my next patient walking in shortly after.  "Whoa.  MinWoo~ you're so big now."  I said hi-fiving the five year old whose half my height.  "I remember you when you were this big."  I said spreading my hands out about 7 inches.  Once we were in the room he climbed up onto the table and I began the check up. 

"Why was I that little?" I asked his eyes full of curiousity.

"Well, you were born very early so you were very small."

"But I thought those kinds of babies had to live in the hospital."

"Sometimes.  But sometimes when they don't have money, they come to me."

"Mommy didn't have any money?"  He said looking to his mom.  She nodded her head and he looked back to me. 

"I'm glad mommy didn't have money."

"Wae."

"I get to be friends with you.  Saengilchookahabnida."

"Aww thank you Minwoo.  I'm glad I get to be friends with you too."  I said hugging him.  "How did you know it was my birthday?" 

"I read the sign on the desk."

"You read already?"

"Mommy teaches me."

"Well that is great."  I said hi-fiving him again.  It was touching to hear birthday wishes from a kid I'd been taking care of since he was few days old.  It made me excited to have my own kids.  "He's completely healthy once again."  I said smiling.  "He can put a sticker on his chart in the waiting room."  They smiled, walked out and my next patient walked in.

I finished up with my last patient excited to go home hoping Sehun would be there waiting for me. I closed up my office and headed home.  I walked into our apartment seeing it was empty.

"Maybe he had to stay later." I said to myself in an attempt to reassure myself he didn't forget today.

I tried not to let it get to me and sat on the couch turning the TV on when suddenly my phone rang.

Sehun POV

"Sehun-ah~ eodi?"  I heard her call over the phone.

"I'm still at SM."

"Oh." Her tone was sad.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You're lying."

"Well.  You promised we would spend the day together after I got off work."

"I know.  But we can do it another day."

"I want to do it today~" I heard her whine.

"Can't we do it another day?  What's so important about today?"

"It's nothing." She said.  Her tone was full of pain and I felt terrible.  Before I could respond, she hung up. Then it dawned on me.

"Hyung, do you know what time we are done?"

"Eleven." Kai said wiping the sweat from his forehead.  "Why?"

"You forgot too?"

"Forgot what?"

"What today is."

"It's Yi Seul's birthday. Did you forget?"

"No I was just checking if the guy she calls her brother remembered." I laughed but I knew he called my bluff when he rolled his eyes and walked away.

I continued practicing the dance moves and lyrics to our next comeback song.  Eleven o'clock rolled around and I rushed home making sure to pick up a dozen roses.  I walked into the apartment quietly seeing she was making ramen.  I walked over to her wrapping my arms around her from behind and putting the roses in front of her. 

"Mian."  I said kissing her cheek.  "Happy Birsday!" She turned and looked at me.

"How could you forget?" She said so much pain her voice.

"I'm sorry."

"All day I told myself that because you didn't text me, you were busy.  Not that you forgot my birthday.  But you did forget."  I didn't know how to respond to how much pain I'd caused her.  To have her think I'd forgot and talk herself out of it made me feel horrible. "I almost didn't have this birthday."  She started again.  "I thought since I got a third chance I would make the most with what I have so when we couldn't go on vacation I didn't complain.  But you promised we would spend today together no matter what." Her voice was rising. "But, I get it.  I get that you didn't have a choice but to stay at practice." Her voice was calm again.

"Yi Seul I'm sorry.  No matter how busy I got I should have at least texted you.  I promise I will never forget an important date as long as we are together."  She kissed me then turned to grab two bowls from the cabinet.  She poured the ramen into the bowls then handed me one.

"Minwoo can read now." She said changing the subject letting me know she forgave me and was over it.

"What?  Mini Minwoo can read?" She nodded.  "He went from barely living on his own to reading.  That's a better gift than I can give you." I laughed.  "Speaking of," I said pulling the jewelry box from my bag.  "I don't know how this will compare to Minwoo reading." She opened the box and pulled the bracelet out. 

"Oppa~ this is beautiful."  She said getting ready to read the inside.  "I'll love you until my heart stops beating.  Love Sehun."  She put the bracelet on and kissed me.  "I'll love you until my heart stops beating too." She smiled then got up from the couch.  "Go shower." She said putting the bowls in the sink.  "You're not getting in the bed smelling like that." I kissed her cheek then headed to the bathroom to shower.

Your POV

I was already in the bed when he came out of the bathroom.  He put on sweat pants then climbed in next to me.  His arms s around me and I cuddled closer to him inhaling his clean scent as my eyes drifted shut.

Sehun POV

I kissed her forehead noticing her eyes were already shut.  I smiled as a tiny snore escaped her lips.  I closed my eyes feeling her cuddling closer to me.  I slowly drifted off excited to see her in my dreams even if she was laying right next to me.