Prologue

The Pain of Idol Love

A/N: It may seem like this progresses too fast but I did that on purpose so you guys could get a good enough background.

Your POV

“Yi Seul!”  My mom called from the kitchen.

“Neh umma.” I said as I walked in.

“Since it is just me you and your father in this big house,  I am opening it up as an inn.”

“Wow umma.  Daebak! But where will they sleep?”

“Your dad went and bought sets of bunk beds this morning. Our first visitors will be here in a little bit so can you go make sure the upstairs is clean.”

“Neh umma.  But who are the visitors?”

“Palli go clean!” She said avoiding my question.

I went upstairs and started cleaning.  After about an hour there was a knock on the door but being all sweaty and gross from cleaning I decided to take a shower instead of going down to greet them.  Once I finished my shower and got dressed I walked down, towel still in my hand as I dried my hair, and walked into the kitchen where I dropped my towel at the sight of who was there.  They all stood up, bowed, and went to introduce themselves but I stopped them.

“I know who you are.”  I said smiling and sitting down at the table to eat.

“jinjjah?” The blonde haired kid asked surprised.

“She stayed up all night waiting for your comeback.”

“Wow.”  He said. “And you’re not freaking out?”  I just shook my head.

“We should stay here instead of those hotels where there are always crazy fans.” The tanned one said with a chuckle as he spooned rice into his mouth.

After everyone finished eating the boys went to the living room and I helped my mom clean the kitchen.

“Umma…why didn’t you tell me our guests were EXO?”

“Because your face was priceless honey.”

I just rolled my eyes and continued loading the dishwasher.  After I finished, I went to sit on the couch next to Sehun.

“Gwenchanah?” I asked him noticing he looked a little down.

“Neh.  I’m fine.”

“He’s not very nice right now.  It’s like he’s on his period.” Kai said chuckling as Sehun shot him a glare.

“Oh.  Well I hope you feel better and enjoy your stay.”  I said placing my hand on his shoulder only to have him shrug it off.  I just smiled then showed them to their rooms so they could put their things away.

“So how long will you be staying here?”

“A week or two .  Manager-hyung is giving us a vacation before promotions pick back up.”  Suho said.

“Oh how wonderful.” I said pointing to the first room. “Rock paper scissors it out.  The three with the same option will be in this room.  Go.”  Suho, Kris, and Lay all picked rock so they cheered and carried their bags in.  “Next three are in the one next door.”

Luhan, Sehun, and Kai picked paper while the others picked rock.  They carried their bags in and it was on to the next room.  Tao, Xiumin, and Kyungsoo would be sharing that one and Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Chen would be sharing the last one. 

Sehun POV

“On my period Hyung? Really?”

“Well did you really want to admit you were being a douche to hide the fact that you like her?”

“I do not.”

“I seen the way you looked at her when she walked into the kitchen.  You do.”

“I do not!”

“You do.”  I heard Luhan say from the top bunk.  I just put my head down and began to accept the truth.

“Okay so I do.  But it’s not like I can tell her.”

“And why not?”  Kai asked.

“What if she likes me back and we get together. Then what will I do knowing I would have to leave her.”

“Ah~ so that’s why you’re down.” Kai said walking over and sitting next to me.

“Look.  The worst thing you can do is not admit your feelings.  If you don’t, you will live with them forever regretting that you didn’t confess.”

“Hyung…”

“You have two weeks.” I didn’t know what to say so I just fell back on the bed and closed my eyes.

Your POV

I was tired from all the cleaning so I decided I would call it a night and just lay in my bed.

“Wow.”  I started thinking aloud. “Who would have thought my bias would be staying in my house?” I looked up at the poster above my bed. “Sehun-ah~ I hope you feel better and enjoy your vacation.” I said before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, my day started fine.  Breakfast was delicious and hanging out with the boys was fun and the days to follow were the same except that Sehun still hadn’t brightened up so I decided I would try to talk to him. 

“Sehun.” I said as I walked into his room.

“H-huh?” He stuttered surprised at my sudden entrance.  “Please get out.” He said a look of sadness crossing his face.

“B-but I wanted to talk to you.”

“Get out.”  He said again and I listened.  Luckily Kai was coming up the steps.  

“Can you talk to Sehun for me?”  I asked pulling him aside.

“Why? What’s wrong?”  He said confusion and worry masking his expression.

“I feel bad that he isn’t enjoying his vacation.”

“Aww~ you like him don’t you?” He asked out of nowhere causing me to blush ferociously.

“W-what?”

“You do.” He said chuckling.  “It’s okay. I won’t tell him if you don’t want me to.”

“It’s not that, I just want him to enjoy his vacation.”

“Okay. I will talk to him.”

“Okay thanks.  And can we not change subjects like that it scrambles my brain.”

“No problem.”  He said flashing that infamous smile of his and walking into the room.

Kai POV

“She is really worried about you Sehun.  You should stop being so mean to her.”  I said walking in and sitting on my bed.

“I don’t have a choice.” 

“Yes you do.”

“No Kai.  I don’t”

“Whatever. But stop being mean to her. Find another way to hide your feelings.”  I said laying back on the pillows and falling asleep.

Your POV

I thought if I had someone talk to him he would start to feel better but his attitude became worse.  He wouldn’t talk to me at all or even look at me.  And it hurt to know that my bias was in my house but did not like me enough to even speak when we saw each other.  I had no choice but to put an end to it.

“Sehun.  Cheer up.”  I said as I walked past his room.

“Leave me alone.”  He said surprising me.  I wasn’t expecting him to reply.

“You know what?  I haven’t done anything to you since you’ve been here.”

“As far as you know.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The only reason I’m not enjoying my vacation is because of you.”

“W-what?”

“You.  You are the reason I’m not enjoying my stay.  Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“FINE!"  I yelled extremely hurt and on the verge of tears.  "IF THAT’S WHAT YOU WANT I WON’T BOTHER YOU! I WON’T WASH YOUR SHEETS OR YOUR CLOTHES.  I WON’T CALL YOU DOWN FOR MEALS.  I WON’T DO ANYTHING!”  I yelled as I stormed back to my room slamming the door.

I slid down the door to the floor and cried.  All I could do was cry. Hours had passed before someone knocked on my door and I was still crying.

“GO AWAY!” I yelled pressing my body against the door as they began turning the knob.  “STOP! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“I’m going to count to three and I’m coming in.”  I heard my best friend yell from outside the door.  I got up opened the door, pulled her into my room, then slammed it shut again.

“Eun Hee.”  I said starting to cry again.

“What happened?”

“He…he said I was the reason he wasn’t enjoying his stay.  He hates me Eun Hee.”

“Who?”

“Sehun.”

“Wait! What?”

“EXO are guests in my house right now until next week and he said I’m the reason he’s not enjoying his stay.”

“Wow! What a douche.”

“Don’t say that!”

“Sorry.” She said a sudden knock on the door following her apology.

“Come in.”  I said quickly drying my eyes.  “Hey Baek.”

“Hey.  I just wanted to check and see if you were okay.   I heard you yelling at Sehun earlier.”

“Yea.  I’m fine.  I just have 11 people to keep track of now.”

“I know he didn’t mean whatever he said.  He is just going through a tough time.”

“That’s no reason to treat me like that.”

“I know.”  He said before walking over and introducing himself to Eun Hee. “I’m Baekhyun.  You are very pretty.”

“Th-th…”

“Thank you.”  I said laughing.  Eun Hee was freaking out and it was hilarious.

“Would you like to go out tonight?” He asked her.  She just nodded her head and he chuckled before leaving the room.

She sat dumbstruck until her mom called her saying she needed to come home which was about 30 minutes after the whole moment.  After she left, I gathered everyone up except Sehun for dinner.  We all went down and sat at the table.

“Where’s Sehun?”

“In his room.  He said he’s not hungry.”  Baek said smiling to my mom.

“Oh well save some for him maybe he will eat later.”

“Arrasso umma-nim.”  He said smiling and shoveling rice in. 

After dinner, everyone brought down their dirty clothes and stood in a line as I took the clothes from them.  The last person in line was Sehun and I just left him standing there while I started the washer.  I rolled my eyes and walked away.

A couple days passed and it was the same.  I told him I wouldn’t bother him or do anything for him and I didn’t.  I could tell it was pissing him off but his level of anger was nothing compared to the hurt I felt when he basically told me he hated me.  Nothing, not even revenge, would fix the heart he so easily shattered.  At least that’s how I felt.

The weekend rolled around and I had to study for my test on Monday.  Everything was going well until my attention was drawn elsewhere.

“Yi Seul!” I heard someone yell while I was sitting in my room.  I didn’t respond knowing it was Sehun.

“What could he possibly want?”  I said turning and looking out the window at the sun setting casting the sky in beautiful oranges and pinks.

“Yi Seul.”  He said again.  This time he was in my room.  I spun around in just enough time to catch him closing my door. “Yi Seul.” He called again.

“What do you want?” I said getting up from my chair and walking towards the door.

“I’m sorry.”

“Bull!” I said trying to pull the door open only to be grabbed and pressed against it. “Let me go.”  I said more angry than scared.

“I’m sorry Yi Seul.  Please believe me.”

“Let me go.”  I said again anger building at the fact I couldn’t move to escape him. 

All of a sudden his lips were on mine.  I tried fighting him, slamming my fists into his chest and trying to push him away, but I failed.  I let the kiss happen.  I knew I shouldn’t have but it was all I ever wanted and it ended too quickly.

“Yi Seul.”   He said pulling away.

“I fell for you Sehun.”  I started with my eyebrows furrowed and sadness on my face.  “The very first day you guys debuted.  All I wanted for you while you were here was for you to be happy especially since you were staying in my house.  But, you treated me like .”

“I know and I’m sorry.  It’s not like I wanted it to be this way.”

“Then why did you let it get this way?”

“How could I tell you that I like you knowing I would be leaving you?”

“You could have just said I like you.  I already knew you would be leaving.  You have to understand that when a fan girl likes their bias all they want is for their bias to like them back.  I would have had that.  Yea I’m sad because we can’t be together but it’s okay.”

“Yi Seul.”

“Well now that we have established my name and our feelings…”

“I love you Yi Seul.”

“Wait! What?”  I said giving him a wide eyed stare.

“I love you.”

“But we just met a week ago.”

“Do you not love me back?”

“No no I do it’s just…”

“I know…too soon…way too soon.  But I do.”

“But Sehun.  You don’t treat people you love the way  you treated me.”

“I know and I’m sorry.  But I couldn’t let my feelings be known knowing I was going to hurt you in the end.”

“You wouldn’t have hurt me Sehun.  I know we can’t be together and  that’s okay.”

“No it’s not.  It’s never okay when you can’t be with the person you love.”  He started his voice raising. There was a sudden knock on the door.

“Come in.”  I said not knowing all 11 members were standing outside the door.

“Manager hyung wants to talk to Sehun.” Suho said as he handed him the phone.

“Neh.  I do.  Neh it is my first.  Arrasso-yoh.  Gomawo-yoh.”  Sehun said then hung up.  A huge smile was spread across his face.

“What happened?”

“He lifted the no dating policy. But our relationships have to remain private.”

“Why?”

“He asked if I loved her.  If she was my first love.”

“And you said yea?” I asked him.  He nodded his head and walked over to me.

“Well that’s great because I have another date tonight.”  Baekhyun said smiling and leaving the room.  Everyone looked at me.

“He asked my friend out a couple days ago and they made plans for a second date.”

“But…”

“They were in my room so it wasn’t really a date just part of the vacation.”

“Ahhh~” They all said in unison.  Slowly they all left one by one leaving me and Sehun alone in the room.

After shutting the door, I walked over to him his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me in.

“Am I really your first love?”  I asked.  He nodded his head.

“I guess you could say it was love at first sight.”  He said looking at me with his eyes that feel like they are looking deep into my soul.

“For both of us.”  I said kissing his lips.

“This is the beginning.”  He said confusing me.

“Of what?”

“Our love.  Not the unrequited love you started when you first saw me on tv or the love I tried to hide from you.  The love we are going to share together.  And I’m so sorry I treated you like that.  I will never do that to you again.”

“Wow babe I didn’t know you could be so romantic…and corny at the same time.”  He just looked at me. I kissed him again then squeezed him tight.

“You couldn’t just kiss me?  Why did you have to squeeze the air out of me too?”

“To start off our new love right?”

“What do you mean?”

“I took your breath away when you first saw me right?”

“well…yeah.”

“So we are starting over.  Hi I’m Yi Seul.”

“I’m…”

“I know who you are.”  I said chuckling just like the first time I saw them in my kitchen.

“Would you like to go out sometime?”

“Hmmm…I’ll have to think about it.”  I said looking at the blank stare he was giving me.  “What?  I was going to say yes.”  I said laughing and resting my head on his shoulder as he pulled me in again.

“Love at first sight.” He whispered thinking I didn’t hear him.  I just smiled and stood there.

“We should probably head down for dinner.”  I said pulling away from the hug as I heard his stomach growl.  “I’m sorry I haven’t been calling you down for meals.”

“It’s almost as if you were trying to starve me.”  He said chuckling.

“Mian.” I said with a shy smile.

“Gwenchanah.” He said grabbing my hand and leading me down the stairs.

Would we always be this happy?