6

Penpals (ON EDITING) (SEMI-HIATUS)

a.n : so guys i've been thinking lately and i decided to rush things out a little bit...this chapter will start from like, 3 months after Hana and Jimin started sending letters to each other okay?


6 - Da Boys Sleepover

 

Hana's POV

It has been 3 months since me and Jimin started to know each other. We exchanged our phone numbers 2 months and a couple of weeks ago and we started to communicate by our social medias. We turned out to be friends now. Wow.

 

I woke up early today. Weird huh? I know. Lol at Jaehyun's face when the first thing he saw in the morning was me chillaxing on the sofa, watching TV.


Jimin's POV

That girl Hana and me are starting to be pretty close. Heh, who thought that I could befriend a girl that I haven't seen before? Interesting.

 

At school

"Hey hyung, how's that girl from Seoul? Err, who's that girl's name again? Hana? Yes! Hana, right?" Jungkook asked.

"She's fine, I think? I don't know! Why would I know such a thing!" I smacked his thighs.

 

At home

"I'm home..." I said as I threw my bag on the couch, as always.

"Dad what are you doing here? Were you supposed to be at work?" I made a confused face as I saw my dad reading newspaper beside the dining table.

"There's something we need to tell you, honey. Come sit down with us." My mom said and gestured me to sit across them.

I sat down with a gulp, why are their faces so serious? Like, serious serious.

"So honey...we will move to Seoul." My mom finally spoke. WhAT. THe. HECK.

"WHAT?!"

"Yes son, I've been transfered to one of the company's branch office there, and I don't know exactly when I'm going to be transfered back there. I think it will take like, 5 years or even more. So we thought it's the best to just move there." My dad explained.

"5 years?! Or more?!" I gasped. "What about me and mom stay here, while you just go there!" I blurted out. I panicked, okay.

"That's not very good of you Jimin! why would you leave your dad alone for 5 years or more?" My mom scolded.

"Sorry...hey I've got an idea! Why don't you guys stay there, while I will stay with grandma! Good right? Case closed!" I said as I stood from the chair.

"Not so fast young man! You know your grandma is not in her best condition...you don't want to make it more difficult for her right?"

"Right..."

"I'm sorry son, but there's nothing I could do."

"Can we just think about another way? I mean, I'm okay with moving out from the house, but how about my friends?" I whined.

"Well, I guess you better say goodbye to them." My mom said. "We'll leave on Monday. So make sure you use your time here wisely."

"Ugh."

 


"Yo Jimin, you look unexcited today." Namjoon hyung said. 

"Yeah, what happened to you? You started to lose...the Jimin." Taehyung said.

"Guys, I have terrible news, like it's not even bad news anymore. It's worse." I said as I sit on the chair next to Jungkook.

"I'm...leaving. My dad got transferred to a branch office in Seoul for like, 5 years...or more. So my parents decided to just move there."

All of the sudden everyone got silent. Seokjin hyung stopped playing with his phone, Namjoon's hyung lollipop fell off, Taehyung's mouth was wide open, Jungkook's too. You don't want to see Hoseok hyung's expression. Yoongi hyung woke up from his sleep, and yeah.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE DUDE?!" Taehyung asked.

"Do you really have to move, Jimin?" Seokjin hyung said.

"Aww...that's so bad, you can't do anything about it?" Namjoon hyung said.

"I'm afraid no...they said I'm leaving on Monday, so, yeah." I explained.

"Well then, it's Friday, let's go party and have a sleepover at Seokjin hyung's house tomorrow!" Hoseok hyung blurted out.

Seokjin hyung almost choked. "What? No! Let's just party at Namjoon's!"

"But your house is more big and fun to mess with!" Jungkook said.

"This kid..." Seokjin hyung facepalmed.

"So, everyone agreed, it's Seokjin hyung's! Your parents are on a holiday in Hawaii right? It's perfect!" Taehyung said.

"I was planning to sleep all day and write deep songs but oh well, I'm in." Yoongi hyung added.

"Great." Seokjin hyung said as he rolled his eyes.

 


6 PM, Saturday

 

I knocked on the big wooden door of Seokjin hyung's house. The door opened and I almost died of shock.

"Yo Jimin! Come in!" Hoseok hyung said.

"Hyung...what are you wearing...?" I asked, looking at him. He was wearing pink boxers, with no top, fuzzy yellow socks and...a snorkel? Sometimes I wonder why am I even friends with this horse looking guy.

"What?! I can't hear you over the loud music!" Hoseok hyung shouted as he put his hand beside his ear.

"I SAID WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!" I shouted back at him. I can't imagine Seokjin hyung's expression when the boys turned up the music's volume.

"Oh...! The truth or dare game has just begun!"

"And let me guess...you lost and you picked dare?"

"Yeah!"

"Are these..." I said as I pointed out his whole 'outfit', "Yours?"

"Yes! But this snorkel is Seokjin's of course! I borrowed them!"

"But why did you even bring socks? It's summer!"

"I know! Enough chit chat, just come in! It's your party after all!" Hoseok hyung said as he put his arm around my neck and dragged me inside.

I stepped in and the boys are jumping on the sofa, dancing to Big Bang's 'Fantastic Baby'. Classic.

"Oh my god..."

"Hyung! Come in!" Jungkook gestured with a grin.

"You came just in time! We're playing Jumping Truth or Dare!" Namjoon hyung said.

"Ooh it's supposed to be Jumping Truth or Dare on Seokjin Hyung's Soft and Bouncy Sofa While Also Wrecking His House!" Taehyung fast talked.

"Oh no no no no, it's supposed to be JUMPING TRUTH OR DARE ON SEOKJIN HYUNG'S SOFT AND BOUNCY SOFA WHILE ALSO WRECKING HIS HOUSE AND THEN GOT KILLED WHILE YOU SLEEP BECAUSE HE'S HAD ENOUGH!" Seokjin hyung yelled from the kitchen.

"Uh oh..." Yoongi hyung said.

"Let's just stop before we got doomed." Namjoon hyung said.

Then I walked to the stereo and turned it off. Everyone jumped off the sofa and sat down nicely. They put their hands on top of their knees and acted like those nervous boyfriends who got invited to dinner by their girlfriend's strict parents.

Seokjin hyung walked out of the kitchen holding a tray of apple juice. "So I guess you brats have restored your minds."

"Yes hyung, ah...what do we have here? Ooh! Glasses of apple juice. How lovely! It's an honour to drink these inside your house!" Jungkook said with a formal speech.

"What the are you saying jungkook.. Just drink." Seokjin hyung said as he rolled his eyes.

We grabbed our apple juice and Yoongi hyung talked.

"So, you're really going?"

"Yeah..." I said.

"Well, it's nice to have you here Jimin. I hope you can be happy at your new place."

"Hyung you sounded like he's going to die." Jungkook said.

"Well, if he started to act crazily and ruin my house like the rest of you boys then that's the right thing to say." Jin hyung blurted out which caused him to gain some stares. "What? I'm just kidding."

"Hey, let's go to the pool!" Hoseok hyung suddenly said, and the boys agreed. They took off their clothes and jumped to the pool, except Jin hyung, he jumped with this feminine scream which made my ears hurt.

...................


"Hey Jin hyung, these snorkels are great!" Hoseok hyung said. "I can see Jimin has loose pants! One more lap across the pool and I can finally see his jibooty!"

"What the ...hyung!" I growled as I fixed my pants with embarassment.

 

The night went off crazily, especially Hoseok hyung, he's like an energizer bunny on crack. Wait, I mean an energizer horse on crack. This hyung really is hiperactive huh.

We slept on the couch, some on the floor, at 4 AM the next day. Crazy huh. But it was a lot of fun.

 

I woke up at 10 AM, only to found Taehyung secretly drawing inappropriate things on Hoseok hyung's face. I shook my head and laughed in silence as I took my phone and captured the moment. Hoseok hyung's face was so meme worthy I can't.


Monday, 11 AM

 

"Jimin! Are you ready?" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Just wait for a little bit mom! I'm not done yet!" I yelled back.

No, it's not packing my stuffs, but what I meant by not done yet was I'm not done saying goodbye.

I looked around my empty room, no bed, no posters on the wall, no tables, no books, no more mountain like piles of clothes. Just empty.

I looked at scribbles on the wall that I made when I was young, the drawing of my hand that I made with blue marker, the slightly dirty white walls because of the tape that I used for my posters, the slightly 'injured' wooden floor because I tried to do acrobatics and failed (but now I'm a pro at it!), little black marker stripes that my mom made when I was little to measure my height beside the door, and more.

This room was the silent witness of me growing up, and now I'm leaving.

It was a bittersweet feeling, on the other side I'm sad that I had to leave, but on the other side, I'm actually excited for the new life that awaits there in the big city called Seoul, the capital of my country.

I know, I'll be back (maybe), but this house was already sold to another person.

I took my phone and I captured all the memorable parts of my house.

"Jimin! We really have to go!" My dad yelled, followed by a loud honk from the car.

"Coming!" I said.

I looked at my house for the last time and smiled, before I went to the car and left.

 


a/n : I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES :(((((( I don't know why but I lost the motivation to write this story, but I made a promise with myself that I'll finish it. I'm so sorry once again. I hope you like this chapter!