3

Penpals (ON EDITING) (SEMI-HIATUS)

3 - Who?

 

Author's POV

 

That day was a very hot and sunny day. He opened the house's front door, and hurriedly threw himself to the couch.

"GOD WHY IS IT SO HOT?!" He screamed as he took off his snapback.

"Jimin? Is that you?" His mother asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah mom...it's me." He answered.

"Oh! You're home! You must be very hot, I'll make some lemonade okay?"

"Finally..." He mumbled. "THANKS MOM!"

"Anytime!"

 

After a couple of minutes, his mom finally exited the kitchen with 2 glasses of ice lemonade on her hands.

"Here you go." She smiled as she put it on the table.

He then took a glass and gulped a huge amount of it.

"This is good!" He said before he took another gulp of it. His mom just chuckled happily.

"So...how's your day today?" His mom asked.

"Nothing's special." He sighed.

"Well then, maybe this would make your day a little special..." She stood up, and she grabbed a white envelope from the top of the TV.

"You've got a letter!" She said excitedly as she gave him the letter.

"Letter? For me? Really?" Jimin made a face, looking at the envelope on his hands.

"Yes, really. Now go open it!"

He made a face once more but still ripped the envelope's seal immediately. He took out the letter and unfolded it.

 

'Hello. I know I'm just a stranger to you and sorry for this sudden letter...I'm gonna introduce myself...

My name's Lee Hana, 17, and I live in Seoul. My dad just told me about your address, he's friends with your dad...and since I wanted to make new friends, I decided to wrote a letter to you. And oh, I love dancing, I'm quite an out-going person, and I like interesting things. How about you?

I hope we can be bestfriends sooner or later. So...I guess that's it?

Well, I hope you'll reply to this letter and introduce yourself too, and even tell me about your stories! Thank you! Annyeong! :)

From, Lee Hana'

 

"What the..." His eyes narrowed. "She's a girl? Writing a letter to me? What on earth..."

"Well..." His mom smiled sheepisly. "I think someone's trying to be penpals with you...huh?"

"But what, when, how..."

"Honey, take the bright side! Maybe she could be a new friend of yours! She's even from Seoul!"

"But mom, she's a girl!" He insisted.

"So what if she's a girl?" His mom rolled her eyes. "If she's a girl doesn't mean you can't be at least friends with her! Like come on honey! She'll feel bad if you just simply ignore her..."

"Ugh." He sighed. "Fine." He surrendered.

"That's the way! Now go, write her a reply!" She pulled his hand and pushed him towards his room.

"Don't forget to be nice!" She closed the door.

Jimin just rolled his eyes.

But he still grabbed a pen and a piece of paper anyways.

 

"What should I write?" He bit his pencil.

This is probably more exhausting than trying to fool Namjoon hyung.

 

'Hello. Thank you...for your, letter. Just for your information, I'm a boy...

My name's Park Jimin, I'm turning 18 this October, and you know, I'm from Busan. Of course.

Um...I like dancing too, and just like you I like going out, especially on adventures...yeah.

So, that's it? I'm sorry, it's just, I never wrote a letter to anybody. So I'm sorry once again.

Well, nice to meet you...bye.'

 

"I can't believe I'm writing this." He sighed.

 

WAIT.

 

"How could I send her a reply when I don't even know her address?!" He ruffled his hair.

 

But then, he saw something that was written on the envelope.

 

It's an address. Her address.

 

He just smacked his forehead slightly and slapped himself.

"How forgetful and clumsy I am, note to self, always check anything first before panicking self."

 

He folded the letter, put it on a new envelope, and wrote her address. After that he made his way to the post office.


Fast Forward~

5 days later

 

Jimin woke up to the sound of his annoying morning alarm. He quickly checked the time...

"HOLY SHEET!" He jumped out of his bed right away.

"I'm sooo ing late!" He fast walked to the bathroom while he brushed his teeth 5 times faster than usual.

 

After he took the shower and put on his uniform, he grabbed one of his favorite snapback and ran towards the school with a toast in his mouth and a messy tie.

 

..........

"You're late again, Park Jimin." His math teacher, Ms. Oh, folded her arms.

"Sorry miss..." Jimin, who is panting hard, replied.

"Well then, that means you have no choice." She fixed her glasses. "Run 7 laps around the soccer field."

"What?! The soccer field? Miss, please..." He begged.

"Nothing can do, mister. You're late for the thousandth time so I have no choice but to punish you a bigger punishment."

"Now go." She pointed at the door. "The faster the better."

Jimin got no choice but to do as the teacher said, he sighed as he could hear his classmates giggling and chuckling at him.

 

.............

"So...how's running 7 laps around the soccer field Jimin hyung?" One of his best friends, Jungkook, asked as he smiled mischievously.

"Shut up Kook." Jimin spat.

"Why are you late almost all the time? I mean, look at me, I'm never late." His another best friend, Taehyung, asked while he sipped his milk.

"I don't know..." Jimin sighed as he took a bite of his lunch.

 

"Hey guys." Namjoon interrupted.

"Hm?" The other 5 responded, except Jimin who is still tired from all the running he did this day. He seemed to be half asleep already so he can't hear the conversation the boys are having.

"I think I saw Jimin at the post office last Monday!"

"Post office?" Yoongi made a curious face.

"Yeah!"

"Her mom probably just asked him to bring the letter for her." Seokjin, the eldest said before the boys nodded.

....

"Hey guys. You wouldn't believe what just happened to me last Monday." Jimin finally spoke up half asleep half awake, he just woke up from his sleep.

"What?" Hoseok asked.

"I received a letter, she's a girl named Lee Hana, and she's from Seoul, I don't know her at all, and she suddenly send a letter to me, she said she wants to be penpals with me."

"Wait, so if I'm right, you're sending her reply last Monday? To the post office? At 2 PM? Right?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah? Oh my god, are you spying on me hyung??"

"So it was not his mom's letter!" Namjoon looked at Seokjin, completely ignoring Jimin.

"HYUNG! She's a Seoul girl?" Jungkook beamed.

"Yeah..."

All the boys made different reactions.

"Whoa dude! You're lucky!" Hoseok ruffled his hair.

"She's from Seoul just like me!" Namjoon excitedly said.

"Whoa...Seoul..." Taehyung daydreamed.

"I think she has mistaken the address. I mean, who wants to be penpals with Jimin especially when she's a girl?" Yoongi talked calmly.

"Hyung!" Jimin facepalmed himself.

"Are you sure she's from Seoul?" Seokjin asked again.

Jimin facepalmed again. "I saw it with my own eyes that she wrote she's from Seoul, hyung."

"I wish I'll get a letter from a girl asking to be pals with me." Jungkook pouted.

"I'm sure you'll get one Kookie." Jimin patted his head.

After all other chit chats, the bell finally rang signaling the lunch break's over. The boys then headed out to their classes again.

 

-END-


 

A/N: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE JUST WROTE REALLY SORRY IF ITS KINDA BORING AND WEIRD

 

Oh yeah, have you seen BTS's No More Dream Japanese Version's MV???? (i know i'm kinda late but still lol)

OH MY GOSH THEY'RE SOOOOOO---

I CAN'T OTL

 

But anyways, here's the link if you haven't watched it yet~

CLICK MEH

 

And oh, please wish me luck for my exams. //cries//

 

So I guess that's all I wanted to said wrote. Thank you! Annyeong!

Hearteu hearteu~