4

Penpals (ON EDITING) (SEMI-HIATUS)

4

Author's POV

 

"I can't believe you went home alone without me." Hana mumbled as she stomped towards her house.

She opened the door and found his brother dancing and singing along to Infinite's 'Destiny' on the couch. She then yelled:

"LEE FREAKING JAEHYUN!"

Her brother seemed surprised by the sudden yelling, as he fell un-gracefully to the floor.

"Ouch! Yah! Don't need to yell and surprise me like that!" He said as he rubbed his .

"Why didn't you wait for me to finish my book club's meeting!"

"You said it will be 2 freaking hours! How can I survive from boredom?!" He folded his hands.

"But at least tell me first!" Hana said.

"OKAY okay fine. I'm sorry! Happy?"

"Good." Hana smiled like nothing happened.

"Tsk. That girl." Jaehyun mumbled but can be heard by Hana as she shot a death glare at him.

She putted her bag on the dining chair and opened the fridge. She took a bucket of ice cream and a spoon. She then threw herself on the couch and the tv.

"Hey! That's mine!" Jaehyun stormed in to the couch with a spoon too.

"There's no label with your name on it!" Hana said. "So this will be ours! Muahahahaha!"

"Argh darn it I forgot!" Jaehyun said as he facepalmed himself and Hana just continued her evil laugh.

She opened the lid and scooped a big amount of ice cream before she shoved it into . Jaehyun did the same.

"Don't have any homework?" Jaehyun suddenly asked.

"Nope." Hana mumbled while still eating her ice cream.

"Oh" Jaehyun said before he took out his phone and played some games.

"Oh yeah I forgot!" Suddenly he jumped out, making Hana almost choked on her ice cream.

"What the! Don't need to jump and scream like that!" Hana kicked his thigh.

"Sorry." He smiled sheepisly.

"What did you forget?"

"There's a letter for you. I think it's from the girl you send a letter to!" He said as he ran towards the kitchen counter and grabbed the letter.

"Here you go!"

Hana broke the seal and opened the paper's fold.

............

....................

...........................

"What the heck! It's a boy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana's POV

 

"Jaehyun? Hana? We're home!" I could hear my parents knocking the door.

I ran towards the door and unlocked it, after that they opened the door.

"Dinner is ready!" Jaehyun shouted from the kitchen.

"Really?? Oh how sweet of you!" My mom said. Sweet? Ewww.

 

After we prepared the table, we are ready to eat.

I chewed happily and my dad putted on his famous wow-this-is-actually-good face.

"I don't know you can cook this son" My dad said.

"You know my friend Kyungsoo right? He taught me to cook this!" Jaehyun said proudly.

"Ooh that Kyungsoo?" My mom asked.

"Yeah."

"No wonder! His mom is the best chef around town!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, my mom washed the dishes, Jaehyun went to his room, and dad and I were in the living room.

"Oh I almost forgot dad!"

"What is it Hana?" He asked.

"I've just received a letter today, and it's from the one I wrote a letter to last week. You said it will be a girl, but it's a boy!"

"A boy? I'm pretty sure my friend's child is a girl! Let me see the letter."

I ran to my room and grabbed the letter. I gave him the letter and he opened it.

...........

"This is weird..." He said as he rubbed his chin and started looking at the envelope.

...........

"Oh! I know the problem!" He said.

"What is it dad?" I leaned closer to him.

"I think, you wrote the address wrong! Look, if you're not wrong, this was supposed to be 28, not 38!" My dad pointed at the sender's address. "The post office couldn't be the one who made the mistake by sending it to the wrong address when they can see it clearly!"

I facepalmed myself and my dad just laughed.

"Well, I don't know what you should do then."

"Dad!"

"It was your fault!"

"Ugh."

He just smiled mischievously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day

"Hana wake up right now! It's 6.30 already!" My brother slammed pots and pans in front of my room, again-_-

I used my pillow to cover my ears and tried to sleep more.

"Come on little sis! We don't want to be late!" He kept slamming the pans and pots.

 

After a while, I finally gave up.

"FINE! HAPPY NOW?" I yelled as I jumped from my bed.

"Good! Now hurry up!" He finally stopped.

I grabbed my towel harshly and my toothbrush, after that I headed to the bathroom.

After taking a fresh shower and putted on my uniform, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"Morning. My dad said before he took a sip of his coffee.

"Morning Hana! There's omurice for breakfast!" My mom said as she took off her apron and prepared the plates and spoons.

I sat down beside Jaehyun after I gave a deadly glare at him. He just sat there and smiled mischievously at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash forward~

At the school

 

The 5th bell rang. That means it's time for PE.

I changed my uniform to my sports uniform, changed my shoes into sneakers, and tied my hair to a ponytail. After that, I headed to the gym.

"Okay class, today we'll play volley!" My teacher, Ms. Kim, said. Volley. Yay?
"Now, Lee Hana, you'll pair up with Gong Daeho, against...Woo Aeri and...Kang Seojun!"

Great. I'll play against the 'killer smash' in the entire school Kang Seojun, and the athletic girl Woo Aeri. Great. Just great.

"Let's do this Lee Hana!" Deho said. I just grinned sheepisly.

 

The game starts, Daeho serviced, and Aeri returned it back. The ball was quite high and I saw an opportunity. I jumped a little and smashed hoping I will score a point but no, it failed.

Kang Seojun managed to return my smash with the most a more deadly smash.

The ball hit my head until I almost fell to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! Hana! Are you okay?" Aeri gasped and ran towards me. Seojun seemed surprised and ran towards me too.

"Lee Hana, are you okay?" Ms. Kim asked.

"Yeah miss, I'm fine." I said as I rubbed my head.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay Seojun, really." I tried to smiled,

"Let me take you to the nurse." Aeri said.

"No, it's okay. I'll just, uh, go there by myself. It's okay."

"But--"

"It's okay, really." I said as I walked towards the door and leave.

 

I closed the door and began to walk to the first aid room. It's on the 3rd floor, and now I'm at the 1st floor. Great.

I stumbled a few times but I still managed to balance myself again.

....

I was so dizzy and my head feels awful. I still tried to walk but my legs finally gave up. My head feels dizzier and painful than ever until I can't see anything but darkness.

 

-end-


A/N: //plays a scary piano melody// JENG JENG JENG JENG Hana fainted! What will happen next?

And oh, I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. My dad turns out to cut out the wifi //cries//