1

Penpals (ON EDITING) (SEMI-HIATUS)

1 - A Suggestion

 

It was just a beautiful, ordinary day.

 

Oh wait scratch that.

 

'LEE HANA YOU BETTER GET YOUR BOOTY UP QUICKLY IT'S 7 ALREADY!" My brother, Lee Jaehyun, shouted in front of my room, slamming pots and pans together.

"STOP IT!" I shouted back in anger, because nobody better disturbs my beauty sleep, nobody.

"I DON'T CARE NOW GET UP ALREADY!"

I mumbled a few curse words inside my head before getting up and opened the door brutally.

"FINE! HAPPY?"

"Good. Now you better hurry for breakfast." He smiled, like nothing even happened just then. That boy.

 

So I headed to the bathroom, with a towel on my shoulder and a toothbrush in my mouth. I took a refreshing shower, put on my usual uniform, brushed my hair, and head downstairs for breakfast.

 

"Do you kids really have to slam pots and pans together and yelled like it's the end of the world all day?" My dad said, facepalming.

"Blame this girl for being a lazy-." Jaehyun pointed at me.

"What?! Why can't you just wake me up like ordinary brothers do instead of crushing my eardrums everyday?!" I defended.

"Why can't I just wake you up like ordinary brothers do? I don't know. Oh wait, maybe it's because you're sleeping like a ing dead log!" He attacked back. And the fight went on.

"Kids...kids stop it!" My mother stopped us right before I pulled Jaehyun's hair in anger.

"Just eat your breakfast or you all will be late." She continued. So we decided to pause stop our fight and continued to eat our breakfast. After that, we headed to our school.


At school

 

"Yo! Jaehyun!" One of my brother's friend waved.

"Yo!" He waved back.

"Hana yah, you can go to your class by yourself right? I'm so sorry." He said.

"Yeah yeah, now just go with your friends." I replied.

So by that he jogged towards his friends and head to their class together, leaving me alone in the hallways.

"I should really find a new bestfriend." I mumbled as I kicked the thin air.

 

Actually I had a bestfriend before, her name is Woori. We have been bestfriends since the 4th grade in elementary school. Wherever I go, Woori will always be by my side and vice versa. She will always be there for me. Until her dad got a job in America and decided his family to move there with him.

We cried and cried at the airport before she leaves, not wanting to let go of each other, which has always been there for us when we needed the most.

 

So now, I'm quite lonely. All my friends are not quite suitable for me. Some of them are too loud, some of them are too silent, some of them are too mischievous, yeah, like that.

My school doesn't have so many students like others do.

 

I went to my class right before the bell rang. I sat down beside the window at the middle row of the class.

 

"Good morning class." My history teacher, Mr. Ho, greeted us and we greeted him back.

"Today we're going to re-study the history of how Korea got their independence." He continued.

 

Greeeeaaatt.


After some boring classes, it was finally lunch break. I sighed in relief as I tidy up my belongings.

 

I jogged to the cafetaria, while reading my biology book. It seems that I didn't pay much attention on my way, so I suceeded at crashing to someone.

 

"I'm so sorry, this is my fault, I didn't pay attention and--"

"It's okay." The person cuts off. "It's my fault too since I didn't saw you coming..." He continued.

He grabbed my book and he returned it back to me.

"I believe this is yours," He smiled with his cute dimples, but after that he read the label on it, which shows my name.

"Lee Hana." He finished his sentence.

"Yeah, that's me." I smiled sheepisly.

"The name's Yixing." He introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Yixing." I smiled.

"Can I know from which class you are?" He asked.

"1-A." I answered.

"Oh so you're the same age with me then." He smiled.

"Wow okay...but which class are you?" I asked.

"1-C." He answered. "Well then, I have to go. Nice to meet you Hana. I hope we can...uh, bump to each other again." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I hope we can meet again by not bumping or anything." I chuckled, he chuckled too. "Nice to meet you too." I waved and he waved back before he left.

 


It's time to go home.

 

My brother and I went home, and we were greeted by our parents.

 

"Mom? Dad? Why are you home so early?" I asked.

"Oh, we just have a meeting today and that's all." My mom said. "Well, how's your school today?" She asked.

"It was fun." My brother answered.

"Boring." I answered as I put my bag and threw myself on the couch.

"Oh sweety, I bet it's boring because there's no Woori around anymore...isn't it?" My mother asked in a pity tone as she patted my back.

"Yeah, I miss her....school's too boring without her." I said.

"Aww don't be sad honey, I'm sure you'll get a new best friend."

"But I told you there's no one who could replace her." I sighed.

"Hmm...I know there will be no one who could replace Woori, honey." She said. "But you still have to try to find someone else."

"How?" I asked.

"Ask your daddy, I'm sure he knew just the right thing to try." She said as she headed towards the kitchen.

"Dad? What do you think?" I asked to my dad, who is reading his newspaper.

"Hmm....how about...a penpal?" He suggested.