2

Penpals (ON EDITING) (SEMI-HIATUS)

2 - A Simple Chit Chat (idk what title to use ok lol sorry)

 

"A penpal?" I asked, quite shocked.

"Yes, a penpal, why not?" My dad shrugged. "If you don't like my suggestion, then don't do it." He continued.

"Hmm..." I mumbled. Well this is interesting. Eventhough it's old-fashioned but still.

"I think it's worth a shot." I said.

"Well then, I think I have a friend in Busan that has a daughter just the same age as you. But sadly, I only know their address."

"Okay...so can you give me the address dad?" I asked.

He just nodded before he wrote the address on a small piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thanks dad!"

I quickly entered my room, I grabbed a paper, a pen, and an envelope and started writing my letter.

 

'Hello. I know I'm just a stranger and sorry for this sudden letter. I'm gonna introduce myself...

My name's Lee Hana, 17, and I live in Seoul. My dad just told me your address, he's friends with your dad...and since I wanted to make new friends, I decided to wrote a letter to you. And oh, I love to dance, I'm quite an out-going person, and I like interesting things. How about you?

I hope we can be bestfriends sooner or later. So...I guess that's it?

Well, I hope you'll reply this letter and introduce yourself too, and even tell me about your stories! Thank you! Annyeong! :)

From, Lee Hana'

 

"I think that's it." I mumbled. 

I folded the paper, put it in the envelope, sealed it, and wrote the address.  

"Well I hope she deosn't freak out by this random- letter from a desperate stranger." I sighed.

.......

"HANA! TIME FOR DINNER!" My brother shouted from downstairs.

"COMING!" I shouted back.


Fast Forward~

(At school)

 

It was lunch break. Everyone were already down at the cafetaria to fill their tummies. Well, except me. My mom decided to made me some sandwiches for me to eat. I decided to use this time to be off alone and rest my mind.

But where to be exactly?

 

After a couple of minutes thinking where should I spent my lunch time, I decided to choose the music room.

I walked towards my destination, and as I reached the music room, I could hear a beautiful melody, coming from a piano played by someone. It was so beautiful.

I opened the door slightly, not wanting to disturb the one who plays the piano.

 

"Yixing?" I mumbled. But unfortunately he heard the door opened and immediately stopped playing and faced towards me.

"So-sorry to interupt you I'll just, uh, go back to my class ok bye--" I almost closed back the door but suddenly,

"It's okay! Just sit here." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." He smiled with his cute dimples.

So I grabbed a chair and sat beside him.

"Why do you have to sit on a different chair? Just sit here with me." He smiled as he patted the empty space beside his chair.

I slightly blushed as I nodded and sat there beside him.

I grabbed my sandwich and offered it to him,

"Want some?" I asked.

"Sure. Thank you." He looked at me and smiled. He grabbed the sandwich and took a bite.

"This is good. You made this?" He asked as he cutely chewed the sandwich.

"No...it was actually my mom." I said.

"Oh...well tell your mom she makes great sandwiches." He grinned.

I just chuckled, "Okay."

 

"So...why are you here instead of eating your lunch at the cafetaria?" I asked.

"Well I just want to refresh my mind by playing the piano." He shrugged.

"Wow..."

He just laughed slightly. His laugh is so adorable.

"Can you play a song for me?" The words just slipped through my tongue. I covered my mouth, "I'm sorry, I know you actually just want to be alone and rest--"

"It's okay." He chuckled. "I was actually glad to have someone to be with me here." He smiled at me.

I could felt butterflies inside my tummy. 

And by then, he started playing the song 'River Flows In You' by Yiruma. 

I watched silently as he played each note beautifully.

.........................

"How was it?" He finished playing the song, and he looked straight into my eyes.

I clapped like some sort ofa  fangirl as he blushed slightly.

"That was awesome!" I gave him a thumbs up.

"Thank you." He grinned.

.........................

"Hana?"

"Yes?"

"Can you play an instrument too?" He asked.

"Well...actually I could play the guitar and piano." I lowered my head.

"Really?! Me too! Oh why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because I'm pretty sure that I'm not as good as you so I decided to keep it shut." I bit my lip.

"Aw don't be like that." He said in a calm tone. "Can you play one song for me?" He grinned.

"No no no no I'm not as good as you! I'll just embarrass myself." I hid my face.

"Don't say that, I'm sure you'll do great!" He smiled. "Please? Pretty please...?"

Dang those puppy eyes.

"Alright...I'll just play the guitar ok?" I sighed in defeat as I grabbed one of the guitars in there.

I cleared my voice and started playing IU's 'Someday'.

 

~Someday after this darkness clear up

  I hope the warm sunshine dries this tears

  Everyday I hold out comforting myself it'll be alright

  But it makes me afraid little by little

  I tell myself to believe in myself, but I don't

  Now I don't know how longer I can hold out

  But wait it'll come

  Although the night is long, the sun comes up~

 

Yixing clapped in awe after I put the guitar back to its place.

I blushed slightly, hiding my face in embarrassment.

"You were amazing!" He gave me a thumbs up.

"Thanks..." I said.

"Your voice was great too." He smiled.

"Nah, I don't think so."

"Why can't you believe me, it was true!"

"Well alright. Thanks."

"We should do a duet soon."

"What?"

"Yes, why not? I mean, you're good at playing guitar and piano, and your voice is good, maybe we can play one of the instrument and sing together."

"Really?" I smiled.

"Really." He smiled back.

And just by then, the bell rang.

"I guess it's time to go." I stood up.

"Yeah..."

"Bye then." I headed to the door.

"Wait, Hana." He stopped me.

"Hmm?" I turned back.

"Thanks, for accompanying me here. I hope we do this more often." He smiled shyly.

I just chuckled. "Me too."

"Goodbye." He waved.

"Bye, Yixing." I waved back, before I closed the door and headed to my class.

 


(At Hana's house)

 

"We're home!" I shouted.

Silent.

"I guess mom and dad are not home yet." My brother said and I nodded in response.

I went to my room, I changed my clothes, grabbed the letter I've wrote and I headed towards the front door again.

"I'm going to the post office!" I shouted.

"Okay, but be careful!" He shouted back.

I closed the door and quickly made my way to the post office. Here comes nothing.

 

 

 

End

 

A/N: ISN'T ZHANG YIXING THE MOST ADORABLE PERSON ON EARTH