Jungkook

Angel

“Errr I think one of us needs to sing instead of rapping” Namjoon said to the rest of the members only to earn himself confused looks from each of the members.

 “Oh, by us, I meant ‘the rapper line’” he added hoping that would make more sense.

They were in the dance studio sitting on the floor discussing about a song cover they would do and about to divide the lyrics parts.

“Oh I’m definitely not gonna be the one singing” Yoongi declared as he put his hands up.

“So you think I’m supposed to sing, hyung? Really?” Namjoon said as he raised an eyebrow. Yoongi just shrugged and mumbled a low “maybe, why not?” and Namjoon scoffed at that.

They both turned their heads toward Hoseok with an expectant look. Hoseok was too busy looking at the lyrics to even notice. He was too busy thinking which part would be his. Yoongi and Namjoon both sighed.

“Hoseok hyung~” Namjoon called out sounding a bit whiney.

“Huh? Yes, what is it?” Hoseok looked at Namjoon. Confused as he didn’t know what was going on. Namjoon sighed again.

“Are you even listening, hyung? One of us, you, Yoongi hyung and me…” Namjoon pointed to each of the mentioned members as he said “…needs to sing for this song cover instead of rapping”

“So?” Hoseok said as he sent Namjoon a questioning look. Namjoon sighed for what felt like a millionth times already.

“So, we were thinking maybe you should be the one to sing.” Namjoon said and all of the members were silent and looked toward Hoseok, waiting for Hoseok’s reaction. Hoseok didn’t really feel comfortable as all eyes were set on him.

“Why me? Why not Yoongi hyu-” his sentence got caught up in his throat when Yoongi flashed him his famous murderous glare.

“Why don’t you sing?” he pointed at Namjoon. Yoongi scoffed and everyone laughed. Well, everyone except Namjoon and Hoseok himself.

“Seriously, hyung? You want Namjoon hyung to sing?” Taehyung was lying on the floor and laughing too hard. Seokjin hit Taehyung’s shoulder lightly and pulled Taehyung’s arm to make the boy sit up.

“I rather listen to Yoongi hyung singing all day than listen to Namjoon hyung singing for even 20 seconds” Jimin added making Yoongi laugh. Taehyung laughed even louder.

“Shut up, kid” Namjoon spat at Jimin.

“But I’m a rapper” Hoseok whined.

“Apparently, hyung, you’re the only rapper who can sing,” Jungkook tried to convince Hoseok “…besides me” Jungkook quickly added. Hoseok just stared at Jungkook, unamused.

“What? It’s a fact” Jungkook stated.

The room was silent again. Either they were unimpressed with Jungkook’s ‘fact’ or waiting for Hoseok answer. Maybe both but nobody knows.

“Come on, hyung. It’s not even that bad. At least you’ll get more line than Namjoon hyung” Jungkook broke the silent. Hoseok looked at him, confused.

As if Jungkook could read Hoseok’s mind, Jungkook started explaining to Hoseok. “Namjoon hyung will do the intro. The intro is short and he barely got any line” Jungkook whispered quietly, afraid of hurting the leader’s feeling.

“Hey, I heard that” Namjoon stared at Jungkook then turned his attention to Hoseok.

“If you don’t wanna do it, then I’ll do it” Namjoon said as he smiled widely. Probably proud of himself with what he just suggested.

Then chorus of ‘No!’ echoed through the room. Hoseok just laughed at that.

“So?” Jungkook looked at Hoseok expectantly. Hoseok still remained silent.

“Hyung, please~~ I don’t think I can survive Namjoon’s hyung singing” Taehyung pleaded dramatically. Namjoon slapped the back of Taehyung’s head.

“Hoseok hyung~~ aren’t you supposed to be our hope?” Jungkook tried again. Eyes wide like a puppy, voice almost sounded like a plea. ALMOST. Hoseok gulped.

“I guess I’ll be singing then” Hoseok replied as he scratched the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. Both Yoongi and Namjoon sighed in relief, while Jungkook threw his hands in the air happily like he was celebrating his victory.

“Hey, hey, don’t be too happy with yourself. Just so you all know…” Hoseok looked at all the members “…I’m not doing this because you want me to. I’m doing this because I feel like doing so” Hoseok explained to s but mostly directed to Jungkook.

“Yeah, right” Seokjin voiced out and rolled his eyes.

“It’s true!!” Hoseok exclaimed. Blush started to creep up his cheeks.

“Nice try, hyung” Taehyung said and grinned. Jungkook looked at Hoseok and Hoseok tried with all he might to stay cool. Jungkook grinned widely making Hoseok’s face even redder. If that even possible.

“Go away, brat” Hoseok said jokingly and shoved Jungkook’s face lightly with his hand. Jungkook just laughed. Namjoon stood up, clapping his hands a few times.

“Okay, now we need to practice this song” he commanded and all of them stood up one by one. Some of them even groaned and complained.

“Thanks, hyung” Jungkook whispered from behind Hoseok right before they got into their position.

“I’m not doing it for you, brat” Hoseok said and made a face at Jungkook. Both of them knew better that Hoseok was actually saying ‘You’re welcome’

 


a/n: the song cover I was referring here was BTS' cover of Taeyang's I Need A Girl but I'm sure all of you already watch it ^^