Chapter Nine

I Want to Feel What its Like to be Loved ( Hiatus )

Yoona’s POV

                Dirty.

Disgusting.

There were so many words jumbling in my brain that could’ve described the way I felt at the moment, but only those two seemed to have stood out the most. The kiss had no emotion behind it, not only that but Mark Tuan just took away my lip ity.

I pushed him with all of my might, with all the energy I had left before Mark took it away, and landed a hand on him. It was my first time hitting someone, and for some bizarre reason it gave me some comfort but only for a moment till my anger grew once again. I continued slapping him, the more I did the more my anger rose.

As I was about to hit him again, I felt a grip on my wrist and turned my head to find Jackson. “You should know your limits, you’ve already made him bleed.” He said as he pulled me away and stood between us. The tension in the air had come back, and Jackson ran a hand through his hair and over his face. “Look the whole reason why I’m here is because I want to know what the relationship between you two and why I haven’t been able to hang out with my best friend, but the answer is right in front of me.” he said as he made his way towards me, hovering above me. “It’s your fault.” He said poking me right in the chest. “You’re pretending to be sick,” He put emphasis on the sick and even used air quotations on it. “You’re just trying to get into his pants, I knew it. The minute I laid eyes on you I knew you were nothing but a , just like all the other girls.”

.

The word tensed my whole body, sending chills down my spine as it reminded me of the wretch. Before I knew it; I was clenching my fist and fighting a battle that I was losing against my tears. “I’m not a ,” the words merely came out a whisper but it pierced through the air like a sharp razor. “I’m not like her,” I said a little louder. I lost it as soon as I looked at Jacksons face, “I’M NOT A ! YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND I’M NOTHING LIKE HER!” Jackson took a step backwards, shocked at my sudden outburst. “HOW CAN I BE A WHEN I JUST GOT MY FIRST KISS TAKEN AWAY FROM ME!?”

Warm.

A pair of arms flew around me, the warmth and the familiar scent. The firmness and his soft delicate skin against my cheek. It was Mark. He my hair soothingly, in ways that I thought couldn’t bring me comfort and suddenly my face snuggled into his chest and I cried, smudging my tears onto his bare chest.

“Jackson, you should leave now. You can come over when you’re finished with practice or when Yoona calms down.”

“Why do I have to leave?”

“Because Jackson, if only you weren’t so hot headed maybe I could’ve explained everything to you and none of this would’ve happened!”

“Me?! It’s her fault for grabbing my shirt and being so violent from the beginning!”

Everything became a blur and suddenly I was feeling hot again, I let go of Mark causing both him and Jackson to pause on their argument. “P-please, don’t f-fight.” Were the last words I could manage before my vision out on me. 


Mark’s POV

                “Yoona,” I said lightly tapping her on the cheek, “Yoona?!” I said placing my hand on her forehead, she’s burning up again. “Jackson get some water and a washcloth.”

“Why do I have to do it-“

“Jackson for s sake just do it!”

“Alright, alright.”

“Thank you. Bring it to the room afterwards.”

“What’s the magic word?” he cooed, I let out a frustrated sigh. He’s really pushing buttons today. “Please.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Of course I will. Now go she’s sweating all over you.”

I hurried over to the bedroom, placing her onto the bed and shredding the sweater off of her before heading to our closet. I grabbed anything from the hangers and slipped it on her, letting out a sigh of relief once I noticed it was my tank top. Jackson came running into the room, spilling the water everywhere.

“Jackson!”

“What?” i pointed behind him, making him turn around “Oh. . .” he said giving me a sheepish grin, “I’ll clean it up later don’t worry.”

“I swear if you don’t,” I said taking the bowl from him, “I’m going to come into your house and spill water everywhere.”

Jackson let out one of his signature hyena laughs, “Is that a threat?”

“It’s the best one I could think of!” I spat as I wiped the sweat off of Yoona, her breathing went back to normal and she wasn’t sweating as much as before. Maybe this is a sign of her getting better.

“I didn’t tell anyone, I didn’t even tell Mark. The whole incident just flew out of my brain.”

That’s right, Jackson knows something that I don’t. Something that could be the key to the whole reason why Yoona is this way. Not only that but it makes me uneasy, to know that Jackson knows something about Yoona that I don’t.

“Jackson,”

“Yeah?”

“Before, you said that you didn’t tell anyone not even me . . . what didn’t you tell?”

“Look I don’t have any rights to tell you, it’s not my place. She may not have said it, but her eyes made me promise not to tell anyone.”

“Jackson please,”

“No Mark,” he said more sternly, “if you really want to know ask her yourself. It’s not my place to tell you!”

“Stop it.”


 

Yoona’s POV

“Stop it.” I said as I struggled to sit up, Mark rushing to my aid. The tension in the atmosphere was thicker than it was before, the awkward silence engulfing all of us. “Stop fighting. It’s not worth fighting over someone like me,” the two kept quiet, “Though I’m flattered, this is the first time someone’s actually fought for me.” I said looking up at Mark for the second time of that day.

“But it makes me uneasy,” I said breaking eye contact and concentrated on my fiddling fingers. “Two of the most popular boys of JYP High, who’s been best friends for God’s-know-how-long, is fighting over a low life. I don’t want to be the girl who ruin’s a good friendship.”

Once again, it was silent. Letting out another sigh, I decided to continue.

“Look, I appreciate you taking care of me but-“

“You’re not a low life.” Mark said cutting me off, making me look at him. “And I know what you’re going to say because you’ve told me a million times already, and I’m not going to stop taking care of you. I know you didn’t ask for my help but Halmeoni-.”

“So if she never asked you to, would you have continued to watch over me?” I said cutting him off and looking into his eyes, trying to find some sort of sign that this is all a trick. That he’s just messing around with me.

“Yes I would.”

I let out a scoff; breaking eye contact with him, “why don’t I believe you?”

“Then let me prove to you that I can, give me the rest of this month to prove to you.” He said grabbing a hold of my hand, making me look at him again. “If I can’t ease your pain at least a little then I’ll leave you alone, for good. We’ll go back to the way things were, before the coffee incident.” He squeezed my hand, making sure I was listening to his every word, “I’ll live as if you never existed.” He stated so softly.

“Okay.”

“You guys. Are so gross.” Jackson said, cringing on the floor. Mark grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at Jackson. “I’m being serious, you two might as well date.”

D-Date? Both our eyes widened from the sudden word I looked at Mark and met his eyes for the billionth time that day. I quickly turned away, my face getting hot by the second. “Look at you guys, turning all tomato on me!” Jackson laughed.

“Sh-shut up Jackson it’s not funny!”

Maybe . . . Just maybe, I can trust him this one time . . . 


H e l l o EVERYONE !

just the usual note

Subscribe, Like, Comment Your Thoughts 

Answer my QOTD on my Kpop Account on instagram :

@oohkaebsong

* Sorry if the chapter was/is short D'; *

Don't forget to vote which hair style do you think looks better on mark

Click here !

btw i've been really obsessed with Hanbin and Jiwon (Double B / B.I & BOBBY) so IT'S TIME FOR SOME SPAM <3

    

*GifsAreNotMine*