Lu Han

Park Sibli—Oops.

Chapter Ten

Lu Han

 

"Why are you with me again?" Chanyeol asked Luhan for the millionth time tonight. The Chinese member just smiled cheekily at the younger male's question and stayed silent. Chanyeol raised a brow and folded his arms, relenting to his silence. Luhan didn't need to look at his friend. He could already tell what Chanyeol was thinking.

Why are you with me? I really don't need you here right now. How can I get rid of him?

'Ho ho...' Luhan thought with a bit of slyness to himself. 'I won't let you get rid of me so easily.' Luhan had taken notice of Chanyeol's behavior the past week. The so-called Happy Virus wasn't too happy this week, if at all. He was strangely absentminded and barely looked to anyone at all. Chanyeol was still, however, sneaking out in the middle of the night to "eat out." And that's where Luhan found himself. 

Sneaking out with Chanyeol.

To eat out.

"Umm... Hyung." Chanyeol began to say as he slowed his pace. Luhan slowed down to be in sync with Chanyeol's footsteps. Looking up to the giant, Luhan raised a brow, giving him the choice to continue. Chanyeol gave a strained smile. "Umm... Maybe we can go back to the room and eat there. I'm suddenly not feeling so hungry." As he started to turn around, Luhan captured Chanyeol's elbow in a firm grip.

"I insist." Said the doe-eyed male. Chanyeol saw a dark glimmer flicker inside Luhan's large orbs. Before he could think anything of it, it disappeared and Chanyeol was left wondering if he had seen anything at all. Luhan grinned. "I really want to eat out right now. And since we're already outside, why don't we go to that ramen stand there?" Luhan pointed ahead. He watched as Chanyeol's eyes wandered over ahead and widened in realization. 'Yes.'  Luhan told himself. 'Yes, I know what you planned to do and who you are planning to meet.' The older man thought with deviousness. 

Luhan fought down a smile that was trying to force its way onto his face. Thanks with the help of Sehun, Luhan was able to track down the times and places Chanyeol would usually go out.  Why stakeout yourself when there was someone already doing it for you? With a curl of his lips, Luhan started dragging a very unwilling Chanyeol to the ramen stand.

His heart sped up a bit at the sight which greeted him. 

'To think we'd officially meet under these circumstances.' Luhan told himself, his breath hitching a bit. There, before him and Chanyeol, was the Lady Spring herself. Bom was dressed in green pajama pants with corn scattered around it. Her black hair was tied up in a messy (and y) bun. Bom was dressed in a large black t-shirt which was tied in the back to accentuate her curves. Draped over her shoulders was a black sweatshirt. Luhan sighed. She was even more gorgeous than he remembered.

"Hyung?" Chanyeol suddenly whispered, snapping the older Chinese boy from his thoughts. Shaking his head, Luhan grabbed Chanyeol's arm once more and quickly brought themselves closer to Bom. As if sensing their presence, she turned around and smiled at Chanyeol. currently was filled with noodles and Luhan took note of how she didn't mind Chanyeol seeing her this way. 

Coincidentally, as Luhan thought this, Bom noticed his presence and almost choked on her noodles. Chanyeol immediately rushed to Bom's side and started to slap her back. 

"Noona!?" He cried. Luhan snapped out of whatever daze he was in and looked to Bom with worried eyes.

"Bom-sshi? Are you alright?" He asked, a bit hesitant to touch her. They were still more of friendly strangers than they were of friends. Luhan was no Chanyeol, after all. Bom looked at Luhan and only nodded her head as a reply. She coughed, her hand harshly beating against her chest.

"Mmf fwmf mffu." Blushing, Bom covered with her hand and slowly started to swallow. By this time, she had calmed down and Luhan and Chanyeol took a respective seat on each of her side. Luhan watched as Chanyeol's hand caressed her backside in comfort and couldn't help but feel a little resentment towards him.

But what else would he expect? Those two were especially close.

"Are you alright noona?" Chanyeol asked once Bom was free from choking and had swallowed all the noodles. Sheepishly, Bom nodded her head.

"Mm, thanks Chan Chan." She literally sang. Luhan and Chanyeol sighed dreamily at that. They soon stared at each other, Luhan a little embarrassed and Chanyeol with a little suspicion. Clearing and wanting to get rid of the bad atmosphere, Bom looked to Luhan. "Sorry for a bad first impression." She apologized with a smile. Luhan couldn't deny the heat that started to gather in his cheeks and Chanyeol was growing even more suspicious. "I was surprised that Chanyeol brought his cute little friend along." Bom finished with crescent eyes and a warm grin.

"Cute?" Chanyeol and Luhan spoke at the same time. Bom giggled at their synchronization. 

"Mm hm." Bom then turned her attention to Chanyeol and lightly whacked his arm. The Happy Virus' eyes lit up and he playfully pouted.

"Noooonaaaaaa." He whined and leaned onto her shoulder.

"Yah!" She scolded cutely and in a high voice. "You didn't tell me that my bias was coming with you tonight!" Luhan's ears perked at this, much to Chanyeol's irritation. 

"B-Bias?" Repeated Luhan. Bom spared him a glance before turning to glare at Chanyeol. 

"Chan Chan! You didn't tell him!?" Bom hissed and Chanyeol flinched a bit. "Yah! I thought you said you were going to tell him!" Huffing, Bom crossed her arms over her chest. Luhan mentally rolled his eyes at the pathetic look Chanyeol was giving Bom.

"S-Sorry." He mumbled. "I haven't been myself these past few days." Luhan wasn't sure if Bom heard it, but there was a good amount of sorrow in his voice and the young Chinese man faintly wondered why it was so. Sighing, Bom only patted his head.

"I forgive you then." Chanyeol gave a small smile to the older woman and cheered up a bit. "So I guess I'll just have to tell him then." Immediately, Bom grabbed a pen and notebook from her pocket and looked to Luhan with bright eyes. "Can I have your autograph, pleeeeese?" It was more of a coo but Luhan found himself speechless and very flattered. He stared at Bom with a lost look, as if the mere thought of her asking for an autograph from him even existed. Still, with shaking hands, Luhan signed (very sloppily) the paper.

Bom squealed happily and thanked the younger man. "Ooohh! I'm putting this next to Lulu!" Clapping her hands happily, Bom carefully stuffed the notepad and pen back into her pocket. Luhan blushed again.

"Lulu?" He asked a bit too happily. Chanyeol noticed and rolled his eyes.

"It's her favorite moomin plush doll at the moment." He answered. Bom nodded her head Luhan's way ecstatically. "She named him after you." Chanyeol spoke in a flat tone.

Now, in most cases, people would be a little freaked out. Luhan, however, saw this as an opportunity to get close to Bom in front of Chanyeol's face. 

"I'm so honored." He told Bom and flashed her a grin. Bom grinned back and turned to her noodles. "Ah," Luhan added, "you're my favorite too Bom-sshi." Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Luhan and shot him a little glare to which he returned in kind. A giggle interrupted the two.

"That's so sweet of you to say! I'm very happy Lulu~!" Bom instinctively pinched Luhan's cheek. "But you can drop the formalities, call me noona." Chanyeol's jaw dropped.

"Noona!?" He exclaimed, almost appalled. "It took me one whole week for you to warm up to me calling you "noona", why does Luhan-hyung get to call you that right away?!" The innocent-looking man smirked at this new tidbit of information and relished in it. 

'Ah ha.' He thought to himself and gave Chanyeol a look of satisfaction. Bom playfully rolled her eyes.

"I told you Lulu is my bias!" She reminded him. Chanyeol whimpered and draped his arms over Bom's shoulders. Luhan's eyes suddenly widened at this gesture. He couldn't find it in himself to look away. Just how close were these two? "Yah! Chan Chan! Lulu is watching!" Reprimanded the cute 8D adult. Chanyeol fake sobbed into Bom's shoulders.

"And Luhan-hyung gets a nickname just like that!?" Whined the giant. He nuzzled his head into her neck which made Luhan uncomfortable. "Why noona?!" Cried Chanyeol. Bom rolled her eyes again and pulled him away from her.

"Yah! Stop that Chan Chan!" Huffing, she began to eat her noodles in a frustrated manner. It was rather cute to both males. Watching Bom stuff her face was really intriguing. However, Luhan felt like he was being glared at. He turned to see Chanyeol who watched him with dark eyes. Luhan immediately knew what Chanyeol was accusing.

You like my Bom-noona?

Luhan nodded once.

I do, and what?

Lightly scowling, Chanyeol called over the man behind the counter to get his and Luhan's order. The air around the two were tense but Bom seemed completely oblivious to it all. She did think it was really strange though that Chanyeol was quiet. The two usually talked like crazy when they were together. 

"So..." Bom started and sipped her bowl. "How is the amazing EXO these days?" Bom asked. Luhan decided to answer right away.

"It's great. Practice is smooth and Chanyeol is starting to become a better dancer." He threw that out there. Chanyeol gave Luhan another dark look once Bom giggled.

"Oh? Then I guess I should get better too then." She teased. Luhan's attitude brightened as he smiled down at her, completely adored by her friendly personality.

'And so pretty.' He thought, completely smitten with the woman before him. Luhan found himself really enjoying Bom's company and almost wished that Chanyeol did go back to the dorms. He decided to back. "Waaah, Bom-noona, you're already a great dancer!" Luhan patted Bom's head in a cute manner but didn't realize it until she giggled. Quickly he moved his hand away, Luhan saw how large Chanyeol's eyes widened. Much to his delight, it seemed as if Bom didn't mind. 

"Why thank you. I am pretty good." She joked and the two laughed. 

A deep voice intervened. 

"Bom-noona, how's Dongwook-hyung?" Chanyeol asked.

Luhan paused at the mention of another man. 'Dongwook? From Roommate?' He frowned. He didn't miss the slight tremor in Chanyeol's voice when he said the name. He didn't miss the way his eyes darkened a bit either. Much to Luhan's surprise, Bom's face brightened. 

"He's amazing!" She replied happily. Bright and cheery, Bom's smile grew considerably large. Her doll eyes burned with delight and she even seemed to glow. This hurt Luhan and with Bom looking so happy, he knew where Chanyeol was going with this and what he was trying to tell him. His heart beat faster as Bom blushed. "Err, I mean... He's great, yeah. Everything is going great." 

"Dongwook... F-From Roommate?" Stuttered Luhan. "What about him?" 

"Mm hm!" Bom giggled and if it were even more possible, her smile got only bigger. "He's my boyfriend!" 

CRACK

"H-HUH!?" Luhan gasped, horrified. He could have sworn that when he glanced at Chanyeol, there was somewhat of a smirk and a look of sympathy on his face. A smirk because Luhan was sure he heard his heart crack and a sympathy stare because Chanyeol just knew what Luhan was feeling. Bom mistook his gasp for major surprise and enthusiastically nodded her head. Much to his dismay. "B-Boyfriend?!" Repeated Luhan, stunned.

"Yup! He's so amazing. Gosh, I really love that handsome man." She started gushing. Bom didn't realize that her words were going through one ear and out the other for both boys. As Bom continued to pour out her love for the Roommate cast member, Chanyeol and Luhan sat in their seats as their food was served to them.

It looked cold.

Bom never took notice of their lack of attention. So involved in her own ramblings about Dongwook, she missed the way Luhan looked up at Chanyeol. So heart stricken and lost. 

It was then that Luhan understood why Chanyeol did what he did. 

Bom belonged to someone else.

Someone not Luhan.

Someone not Chanyeol.

And he had to know that.

:::::::

"I hate you." Luhan said to Chanyeol. They walked slowly to their dorm, wanting to take their time. It was dark and the temperature outside seemed to have dropped considerably once they left Bom's presence. After departing from the ramen stand, Luhan found himself slowly understanding why Chanyeol wasn't like himself the past week. 'He knew all this time.' Thought Luhan to himself. He was bitter towards Dongwook but couldn't imagine what Chanyeol must have felt about the actor.

Chanyeol only gave a dry chuckle, expressing his gruff attitude and harsh feelings. "It took me by surprise to find out you liked Bom-noona. I just felt like you had the right to know that... You know." The taller man confessed. He spared Luhan a glance. "I, uh, actually plan to confess to her soon." This took Luhan by surprise. Chanyeol looked and sounded nervous. 

'Ugh, he looks like a train wreck.' Still, Luhan had to ask. "Really? Even though you're late?" Chanyeol sighed and his posture slumped slightly. He was clearly depressed about that fact that Bom was dating Dongwook. Though Luhan found out about it just minutes ago, it still felt a little surreal to him. Maybe he'd feel the full force of it later tonight.

"I think they if she ever tied the knot without knowing my feelings, that would be too late." Sighed the Korean descendent. His large eyes looked up towards the night sky. A deep, echoing sound grumbled in the back of his throat. "I... I have to at least try." He whispered sadly. Luhan watched tears brim around his eyes, forcing them to turn red. 

A wave of pity passed Luhan for a moment. Pity because Chanyeol has been feeling so lost and heartbroken for far longer than he. Realizing this, Luhan cleared his throat and started to walk faster. He found himself wondering on how he could lighten 's burden. Sure, he saw Chanyeol as competition but he was also considered a friend.

No matter how much he hated him the past few weeks. Suddenly, an amazing and awful idea came to him. Luhan closed his eyes and cleared his throat, steadying his slight nerves.  'I can't believe I'm about to say this.' "I guess I'll have to confess first then." Chanyeol looked at Luhan with unsteady eyes.

"Wh-What?" He breathed out. 

"I mean, I guess it's kind of fair." Replied the doe-eyed man. He put his hands behind his back and looked at Chanyeol. Unlike the Happy Virus, Luhan's eyes were clear. His determination was clear. His head was clear. His bravery was clear. Chanyeol found relief setting in as he looked to his friend. Luhan gave a small smile at that. "Truthfully, I never really did have a chance. But as a thanks for warning me about Bom-noona, I can take the heartbreak first. You know, to get her ready to reject you and all." Chanyeol closed his eyes, feeling a little happy at this. So happy, he covered his face with his hands. Luhan hated how content he was doing this favor for Chanyeol. 

"You'd do that?" Asked Chanyeol, almost in disbelief. Luhan shrugged his shoulders and swiftly wrapped an arm around him.

"Why not? We have to ease up Bom-noona and make her comfortable with rejecting us young, handsome, and available men." He soon snorted. "Although, if she accepts my love for her, don't expect me to budge for you or Dongwook." Luhan sneered at the name. This caused Chanyeol to laugh deeply. 'Ah, I haven't heard that in a while.' He thought with a small sigh.

"If Bom accepts you, then I think it's fair to say I have a good chance in stealing her away." Chanyeol stated. Luhan smirked at that.

"We'll see." He answered and brought his arm back to his side. Chanyeol grinned.

"I mean, you're not that manly once you think about it." There was a dark glimmer to Chanyeol's large, bright eyes as he said this. Luhan gaped, appalled and very, very, very offended.

"Yah!" He scolded. Chanyeol suddenly started running ahead of Luhan.

"I don't think Bom would date you, Lulu-noona!

"YAH!" Luhan shrieked, sounding like a girl. Chanyeol continued laughing as he sped up the street. Gritting his teeth, Luhan sprinted after him and quickly caught up to the younger male. He put Chanyeol in a head lock. "You take that back! You disrespectful dongsaeng!" The Happy Virus just refused and the two went back to the dorms in the same position. Luhan never letting go of Chanyeol's head and ordering him to take back what he said. Half of the EXO members were awake still and some smiled a bit at the two.

Luhan and Chanyeol's banter was nice to hear. Especially since it seemed as though the latter brightened up a bit. The two men who were bickering knew what they were doing for each other. There was an underlining in their actions and words. The two of them locked eyes for a moment and a smile graced their features.

Thank you, hyung.

Yeah, thanks to you too.

 

 

Still hate me?

Yup.


(A/N: Not the best chapter but I liked some of the moments. Un-edited by the way! Luhan, bad guy turned good? Haha. Kris or Kyungsoo is next! Almost done with this one-shot series.)