Chapter 1

The Mask Beneath Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"She sat there crying, penknife in her hand. Blood flowing out of her wrist. Wishing someone, anyone, would save her."

 

 

“Rosa, oh, Rosa.” I fell to the floor when one of the little minions following her pushed me down. I stayed on the floor, avoiding eye contact with the person.

My shoulders shook as I cried my eyes out, trying to scream for help. Weren’t my cries and shouts loud enough for people to help? Where was everyone? Why didn’t anyone bother to help me? Was it because I was weak, a loner, a freak? Am I that scary? Or is it that you guys hate me?

My cries immediately quietened down when she bent down and grab my face, forcing me to look at her in the eye. I was met with the eyes of someone I wished I hadn’t known. All I could see was plain evil and darkness. How scary it was.

The eyes of Park Hyori.

She was the most popular girl in school. She was the hottest girl in the entire school. She was smart. She was rich. Everything a guy would want in a girlfriend, she had it. This makes her the most courted girl in the school.

She was everything but nice.

I was the lonely girl that sat at the back of the classrooms reading a book all the time with my nerdy specs on, my hair all loose and messy, and my bare face for everyone to see. I have no friends. Not that I didn’t want to make any. It’s just that when I tried, everybody ignores me. I didn’t know why. I never ask.

Yet Hyori still bullies me. Ever since I stepped foot onto the school compound, she has been picking on me ever since. I didn’t even do anything to her. Seeing that the almighty queen bully a weak girl, everyone started to do the same. They ignore me. They put their legs out just to make me trip and embarrass myself. They would put their legs up on chairs in an attempt for me to not sit with them, causing me to eat in a bathroom stall. Every time I accidentally make eye contact with any of them, I could just see the hate for me in their eyes.

And now, surprisingly, the almighty queen and her little minion followers have surprisingly made a not so pleasant appearance at the very bathroom I was at. For what you may ask. Isn’t it obvious? To bully me of course.

“Rosa darling, why are you here?” She asked sarcastically. “Shouldn’t you be at the cafeteria with the rest of your friends? Oh wait, you don’t have any.” She threw my head to the side as she got up and laughed hysterically with her followers.

“And do you know why, Rosa?” She looked down at me.

I was like a peasant and she was the queen. She was at the highest top while I was at the most bottom. I could fight back. But who was I to fight this battle when I’m only going to lose?

She bent down and her gaze changed from hate to despise. And I knew that her words were going to be stuck in my head for years to come, maybe fore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter