2017

Simply Platonic
2017/04/27 Toronto, Canada. 

 
 
"Clara." The girl extended a hand over to Jackson, he introduced himself with a firm shake of the hand and a slight smile that, to others seemed honest, was clearly faked. They were at an amusement park, they were not particularly trying to hide, but not many had recognized them. 
 
"Mark...Clara, meet Veronica," his arm wrapped around the girl's shoulders, eyes interlocking Mark's for a moment, "Yeah, she's great, she's a aspiring  actress and she's even been in a couple of ads." It was his plan, and Jackson was sure that it would work this time. Unlike the last one which included being overly friendly with the other band mates when Mark was around, but instead of becoming overly jealous Mark barely noticed..  The two had ended up in Canada after talking to Jackson's parents who were visiting a family friend in Toronto, Mark had also tagged along due to his brother having chicken pox and he couldn't afford to inherit it, at least not now.
 
The day had gone by and the only person who had seemed to be getting jealous was Jackson as Mark and Clara seemed to have bonded a little too much in the small time they knew each other. "Jackson you gotta stop being so pathetic." The girl beside him says with a slight judging look on her face. 
 
"I. am. not. pathetic." 
 
"Oh yeah? What guy goes to a gay bar to pick up women?" 
 
A few moments of silence. "Point taken.... now use your acting skills and make it look like you're into me."  Jacson said but after a while he takes a good look at the female that he was on a date with, "You know you're really attractive I bet you could make anyone fall for you." The girl didn't miss the wicked smile on Jackson's lips making it obvious what he was thinking. It wasn't long before the two men where alone, as the girls had went to get tickets for the water show,  while they were in charge of getting the food.  
 
"Where'd you meet her anyway?" 
 
"Oh this gay--reat club. this great club, we met and we just clicked, you know?" Jackson says as they walk to location that they said they would meet but only to realize that Mark had stopped in his spot a couple of steps back. The younger turned around to see what was taking Mark so long but finds the man staring at something. His eyes trail to the other's field of vision to find their dates with their lips locked, arms around each others. 
 
Yes. So maybe Jackson had ruined Mark's chances of a possible relationship but when looking at the big scale,  he was doing him a favour. A long distance relationship, along with hectic schedules and never seeing each other. It would have never worked out. The two had pretend that they did not know what happened through out the day but at the end of the date Jackson could have sworn he heard Mark's date saying something along the lines of 'You're a great guy but...'
 
They had taken a cab there and then back to their hotel room, the ride back was rather quiet. Though Jackson had expected the other to be sad about the day he noticed a smile at Mark's lips on the way back. Before Jackson could walk into the hotel lobby he felt Mark's finger wrap around his hand and pull him to one of the bigger alleys that were well lit. He placed both his hands on the yuounger's shoulders before backing him up to the wall. 
 
"What are you doing? Are you going to beat me up because I'm tired, Mark I'm sorry" 
 
"Aha! You how dare you try to ruin my chances with a girl?!" Despite the tone of his voice there was a smile spread across his lips that told Jackson the the older man was clearly not serious. 
 
"Umm...waaaait a minute did you?" Jackson squints his eyes looking at the other wondering if maybe the other had done the same thing (but he always thought Mark was far too mature to do something so...well like that.) 
 
"Maaaaaybe. I didn't know you were in to lesbian woman, and I couldn't let you get with someone that would never be attracted to you." Mark leans in closer to press his lips against the others. Jackson's arms naturally wrapped on the man's waist to pull him clos
"I like biual men." The younger mumbles against the other's lips.  
 
"I know you do."