2015

Simply Platonic

2015/06/04 Tokyo,Japan. 


 

There are days when Jackson would no longer be himself anymore, the fun, always excited and a hint, well it was more than a hint but dumb image that he always had in front of everyone. And on those days that seemed to be more of a somber night where he would be wrapped up by himself in the blanket of melancholy, he would think about those days before they had debuted.  Before Jinyoung became Junior or Jaebum became JB, before the maknaes hit puberty (though both their voices begged to differ; but then again Jackson wasn't the one to talk.) 

 
He always wondered how he would have been if he never chose to go in to the kpop industry and rather,  took that chance that he had to go to the Olympics. He was meant to be famous; that was for certain. There would have been the same kind of practice every night. He would be in the public eye for most of the time, but he couldn't help but wonder if his parents would have been a little more proud of him if so. Maybe his dad might have smiled a little brighter if he got second place or maybe even first when representing his country than when he did while he sat in the front rows of the GOT7 showcase. 
 
But then he wouldn't have met him. He would have never have shared that mini sized bed with him when they were in America forcing them to sleep close to each other; chest pressing up against the other's back as neither could bare to sleep with another so close to them. Jackson would have never found out that elder liked cuddling (as much as he would deny it in the morning.) 
 
"I like you okay?"
 
But then again maybe it would have been better if they had never met. He wouldn't have to deal with being constantly attached to the person that made life so difficult. There was nothing worse than being hung up on someone. And it was worse because of how much he had liked this man. Jackson was always the one to romanticize heartbreak; how even when the person was miles away he could perfectly envision every spot of their face.  How even after months of not seeing the one that he was with in the past, he could describe the way her lips would curve up, how the cut at the right corner of her lips made it crooked each time she smiled. But this... this just it was a big ball of ery just sitting on top of his bed; as if it was a lit TNT and all he could do is just stare at it. 
 
"Jackson you know I have a girl friend." 
 
Now any human being with a brain would know that if there was something explosive in the area one should probably evacuate the space before they get hurt. Apparently Jackson lacked a brain. Because if he had one he wouldn't have been pressed against a man that he had confessed to and was rejected by not two seconds ago. 
 
"Let me kiss you."
 
"What are you saying... Jackson, didn't you hear me?"
 
"Mark... please." 
 
Maybe he looked too pathetic at the time; or maybe Mark felt bad for his younger member to reject him once again but when Jackson moved closer and pressed his lips against the other's, he made no attempt to push him away. It was a rather soft the kiss, not the type that Jackson was used to. Mark's lips tasted like the hot coco they were having together on the balcony as they talked. He could have sworn he had felt the other's hand slip off of him about to push him away but the arm was eventually wrapped lazily over his shoulders. The kiss grew to be more passionate within seconds and Jackson was convinced the other would push him away soon enough and that was confirmed when he felt the elders hand at his chest and a slight pressure indicating him to back away.  
 
"I'm sorry... I just can't." 
 
There wasn't much else to say for the night, and even with the radio playing, there was a certain silence about the hotel room that made it uncomfortable. Jackson had end up deciding to get out of the building for a few hours with Jinyoung since promotion were only after eleven the next day and the chance of getting recognized in Japan was though  likely, not as much than in Korea. By the time he returned, Mark was asleep, or was pretending to be rather. Jackson knew the elder's sleeping habits to buy into the act. Jackson with out a word went to his own bed, and soon drifted off to sleep though it was hard.