Help.

My house, My rules.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                        The next day I went somewhere I didn't think I would go. My feet took me there subconciously, I knew what I wanted to do and say but I didn't think I'd do it then and now.

I knocked on the door, and stood nervously.

"Mei!... it's so good to see you! come in!" My mother invited me in.

I smiled at her. "Thanks, how are you?"

"Oh I'm good, everythings great, how are things at the coffee shop?" She hugs me.

I laugh. "Good thanks, hey is Jonghyun here?"

"He's in the garden, what's going on?" She looks at me worryingly.

I nod, "Can I talk with him alone?"

"Sure.. just go on ahead" She pointed towards the garden.

I walk towards the garden, I noticed Jonghyun pulling weeds out in the corner, I walked up to him. "Jonghyun?"

"Oh.. Mei you scared me!" He raised an eyebrow at me. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yeah actually there is.. it's about Kris" I sit down on the grass near him.

He raises an eyebrow. "What about him?"

"Look, I know it's not my business... but.. Kris doesn't want to be in an arranged marriage" I look at him sternly.

He frowns. "What?..."

"He's not happy, he doesn't want to be engaged." I stare at him now.

He sighs. "Really?... I thought.. I don't know I thought he was just saying it to get to me.."

"Why?.. why would you think that?" I frowned at him.

He looked at me with an apologetic smile."Because he blamed me when his mother left."

"Well.. he doesn't, are you going to call off the engagement?" I search his eyes.

He rubs the back of his neck. "I'll talk to him, but yeah if that's what he wants"

"Alright, thank you" I hug him.

After a while talking to my mom and Jonghyun, having some lunch, I left.

 

 

               It was my first day back at work, I was cleaning the counter when Baekhyun bounced through the door.

"Good morning!" Baekhyun hugged me.

I looked at him and smiled. "Good morning"

"You look better, how have you been?.." He takes the flannel from me and cleans for me.

I laugh. "Good, although not as good as you"

"Sorry, cleaning's my job remember?" He smirks.

I nod. "Well then can you clean out the back?... because I've been back there and it's messy"

I watched as he happily went to the back, The door behind me swung open, I turned to see Kris, wide eyed, practically sweating. 

I frowned, turning my attention back to the counter behind me.

The next thing I heard was him slamming a hand on the counter behind me, making me jump and turning to look at him.

"Mei.." He breathed.

I frowned at him. "What?"

He leaned over with his long arms, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to him, lacing his fingers through mine. "My step dad called the engagement off"

"Good, now you can be happy right?" I try and remove my hand f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter