Chapter 7 The girl

Love or Revenge?

“Which one of you dumped your bag from the stairs?!” a female voice called out to them.

Kyungsoo shifted uneasily while Kai was still in a daze from his thoughts. They heard sound of footsteps from the stairs. Those were more like angry stomps, Kyungsoo thought. He nudged Kai and gave “i-told-you-so” look. Kai shook his head again and prepared to leave. Kyungsoo looked at the stairs nervously and his friend who already took off.

A girl appeared, she was already sweating a lot from running up 3-4 flight of stairs and beads of sweat were swinging from her bangs and both of her temples, her face was red, her brown hair was in a mess with a red headband almost falling out. Kai’s bag must have hit her head, Kyungsoo thought.

The girl was charging towards him, her eyes shooting lasers, Kyungsoo gulped, he had read books about how to deal with angry bears and ostriches, but “The dummies guide to survive in rainforest”, “Survival 101” and Nat Geo magazines didn’t include how to deal with a girl who was hit by a bag thrown from the 12th floor. He stood like a statue thinking she would pass him and chased Kai instead.

But the girl came up straight to him.

“Did you throw the bag onto my head?” she asked, her eyes still shooting lasers, Kyungsoo thought. He looked at the girl’s nametag, Lee Yeon Seul.

“Ah, that’s the infamous Lee Yeon Seul the whole school was talking about!” Kyungsoo thought. Yeon Seul is a perfect role model for juniors and seniors of their school, always getting straight As in every subject, plus a talent in music, especially piano, a brilliant netball player and president of the netball team. Kyungsoo has never met her before, he was busy with his book club and drama club meeting and his best friend Kai brought vain girls to his home for a night over, not some intelligent ones.

“Well, did you or did you not throw the bag?” she asked again, her shoes tapping impatiently. “Wow, those must be Jimmy Choo’s!” Kyungsoo thought again, looking at the court shoes worn with pretty white lace thigh socks.

Those shoes got closer to his own nicely polished black leather shoes and stepped on one of it, mercilessly.

“Ow! What the hell!” Kyungsoo cried, he bent immediately to soothe his foot, and his shoe, “What was that for?!”

 The girl folded her arms and stepped closer to him. “Well, I’m the one asking questions here, Mister. Did you or did you not do it? It’s not a million dollar question and you can stop staring at my Choos now. They are gonna melt down anytime soon if you continue staring with those golf ball eyes.”

“WTF Golf ball eyes?” even Kai didn’t call his eyes like that, Kyungsoo thought. “Well, I didn’t throw the bag either” said he, while rubbing his poor injured shoe against his trouser legs.

“Then who did it?” she asked puzzled.

Kyungsoo snapped, “Kai.” He answered shortly.

“Pfft, I thought so. Well, that bastard is going to pay for this.” the girl muttered and stomped her way to run after Kai who was now walking towards the car park.

So she Did know about our Kai, he thought. Well no wonder, Kai IS the star of the school, with his playboy attitude, every girl knows him and Kyungsoo knew there’s only 2 types of girls in this school, ones that will sleep with Kai and ones that stay away from him, probably because they are scared or disgusted.

Kyungsoo wondered which category the girl will fall into.