Chapter 4 Found him!

Love or Revenge?

After a day or two, Kai had moved into his best friend’s villa and they were planning about the operation “Man from nowhere”, Kyungsoo nibbling a cheese toast while Kai kept eating his fingers, nails, to be exact. They were looking through his dad’s old photographs which were all black and white and blurry. “Will I ever find that freaking old man?!!” said Kai, as he stomped the photos with his feet and poured himself a glass of scotch. “Dude we’ve gone through your dad’s stuff for like a couple of hours and you started whining!” Kyungsoo picked up the photos that his friend stomped and kept on fussing.

Kai gulped the scotch in one shot and returned to the table and looked at the photos again, “I recognized some of the people in here, this is Han Byungman, the owner of Empire Oil Company, and this bald man is Kim something and he’s the owner of Lucky Star Hotels and casinos. But the problem is who my dad’s best friend was?” Kyungsoo replied with a hint of detective’s voice, “I say, look for the nearest person, the closet one that your dad took the photo with. Kai looked at the photo again, “Well, there’s a guy in his late 30s standing beside my dad. But I couldn’t remember his name or whatsoever. He seemed so vague.”

“Let me see that again,” Kyungsoo said as he snatched the photo from Kai, “He looked familiar to me, like sort of, do you think he’s one of my relatives??” he asked.

“Hmm.., I can’t say any yes or no at the moment, Kyungsoo, I’m really tired now, can I just go to bed instead?” Kai pleaded.

The next day, Kai got up late, as usual, he looked for his best friend but the butler said he has gone to school already to be in time with his drama club meeting. He took a long hot bath and thought about the man from nowhere, until his phone buzzed, and his lawyer was calling.

“Have you found the man yet?” he asked, and his lawyer replied in much happier tone, “We’ve found the man sir, he has been living abroad for some years and now he’s finally back to Korea. The private investigators have put quite effort in tracking down this man.”

“So??” Kai asked, tracing the bathtub with his fingers, “What does this man do? A CEO? A stockholder?? Does he own hotels? Hospitals? Schools?”

The line was silent he knew something was not right. “Wait a minute, don’t tell me you don’t know the man’s job or his social background!” he shouted, his lawyer stammered, “He-he’s a very reserved man and all of my private investigators couldn’t find out what his job or his family. All we know was his name and that he has arrived in Korea about a couple of days ago”

“Fine, tell me his name and keep on digging,” Kai hung up, saving the name that his lawyer told in his phone. He checked the time, it’s already 10, “, I’m seriously late and Kyungsoo will be fussing like an old lady!”