Chapter 3 The man from nowhere

Love or Revenge?

Kai’s face fell, he knew that his dad would leave him his money, but never in his dreams, had he thought that his dad’s money was with his unknown, so-called best friend. “Find that man. Use everything you can to find him, money, private investigators, old photographs, school records, and anything.” he ordered his lawyer and hung up.

Kyungsoo was waiting for him at the corridor, “Is everything ok?” he asked with worried expression, “did your stepdad know about the fight with Park Chanyeol?”

Kai shifted uneasily and told him the bad news, Kyungsoo’s eyes were twice their original size when he heard about the disown and the mysterious best friend part. “We need to find that man!” the golden boy cried, and Kai has to cover his mouth to prevent the whole school knowing his secret. “Shut up and talk quietly, for my sake, Kyungsoo! You are like a girl sometimes.” Kai sighed, finally letting go of his hand covering his best friend’s mouth.

Kyungsoo kept on babbling about his great plan, he called it, Mission to find the “man from nowhere” while Kai recalled his memories with his dad, he had met quite a lot of his dad’s friends when he was little and he couldn’t remember most of the people. His dad had a huge circle of friends and he couldn’t figure out who his dad’s best friend was.

After the school has finished, his best friend handed him an envelope, “Open it! Palli!”Said Kyungsoo, jumping while Kai ripped open the envelope and stared at a wad of cards in his hands. “You are moving in with me!! And of course you are feel free to use my cards, this is for the house, this is the credit card, this is…” Kyungsoo kept on explaining and Kai looked at him in a daze, “Dude, this, the whole I-gave-you-my-house-and-cards-stuff is huge. Are you sure your parents are okay with this? I can find a place to live, at my dad’s friends’ hotels or villas, you don’t have to worry about that and I have a lot of aunts who I can ask money for so don’t sweat it.”.

Kyungsoo shook his head violently, “Nooo! You ARE my best friend and you have every right to use my money, car, and villa! Besides, I’m not letting you to go off and sleep with your usual “girlfriends” at those hotels and last time I checked, your aunties are all creepy and rushing up to kiss you whenever you meet them! Ewww!!” he wrinkled his nose and Kai laughed at his best friend’s phobia about his aunts, “Okay then, if you insist, I’ll stay at your place and use one of your cards but I promise that I’ll repay you after I’ve got my money back and don’t say you won’t take it or such nonsense stuff, ok?”

Kyungsoo grinned, “That’s what friends are for! Right?” he said and running off to attend the book club meeting.

Kai called out, “Hey Kyungsoo!” the shorter boy turned and looked at him with his puppy eyes, “Don’t go around and telling people that you and I are going to be living together, K? I don’t want people to start thinking I’m gay!”