Chapter 2 The bad news

Love or Revenge?

“Mr. Kim Jongin” his financial manager spoke, rather in a worried tone, “I’m afraid I have some bad news, sir. The master has told me to freeze your assets, due to your recent fight with the heir of the Shin yang group, Park Chanyeol. Your father said he won’t be tolerating any sort of such childish acts from now on and if you don’t start listening to him”, he paused until Kai’s voice sliced through the silence, “well, come on, tell me if I don’t start doing as the old man wishes, he said in irritable tone, “Well sir, your father said if you don’t start listening to him properly, he will stop treating you as a son and disown you.”

Kai was frozen for 3 seconds, but after his mini shock, he immediately hung up on his financial manager and dialed his lawyer, Mr. Choi.

“Good morning sir, what can I do for you?” the lawyer said.

Kai spoke quickly and explained briefly about the problem and the lawyer explained about his assets being frozen, that he will be short of money as well as his ride and his penthouse for a while until his stepfather forgave him and unfreezes the assets.

“What about the disown thing my dad mentioned about? Is there any way that I can be apart from my stepdad’s shadow and stand on my own? I’m sure I can do it with quite money.” he asked, not wanting to be any part of his stepdad’s play. He had enough of this. Freezing his assets, cutting him off from his mum, sending to Daewon high in which his stepdad’s men all over, watching his every move. He’s sick of all this. He wanted to be apart from his so-called family, away from his stepdad, his half-brothers and sisters.

“Well, there IS a way, sir, which you can get a huge sum of money, not from your stepfather, but your own father, who died years ago. He left a will, you see. But that’s not in my hands, he gave it to his best friend, before he died, and I’m pretty sure he gave everything he owned to his only son, you. If you get that money, you can sign up for the disownment and you can be escaped from your stepdad’s family and even build a company of and start your own business.” Mr. Choi explained patiently.

“Then tell me who this best friend of my dad is! Then I can just go to him and ask for the will! It’s that easy! Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?” Kai exclaimed, now finally found a way for his escape. But despite his excitement, his lawyer remained calm. “It is not that easy sir. Your dad has never had the time or the chance to tell me who his best friend is.