Chapter 6 Dad's best friend

Love or Revenge?

“How the hell did you find out about him?! You should have told me sooner!! How did you know he was the same man in the photo?” said Kai while pacing back and forth at the corridor.

Kyungsoo was dizzy from looking at Kai walking back and forth; he sat down on the marble floor. “Remember last night, I told you that he looked familiar to me?” he looked up at Kai. Kai nodded.

“Well, turns out that he is the new microbiology professor that recently gained attention of media because of his amazing research about

“Please, Kyungsoo, can we just focus on the fact about that old man being my-dad’s- best –friend- reality-stuff? You are going off tract here.” Kai complained while fumbling in his pocket for his iphone. He needed to call his lawyer and gave him a good threatening for not telling this kind of information earlier.

“Well, I arrived at school early this morning and I was in the admin office while I overheard about the new Head from the staffs. They said he is very humble, respectable, plain and blah blah blah, and I was bored enough to get out of the office, I heard the most important piece of news, they said even though he’s friends with Korea’s top entrepreneurs, like Han Byungman, Kim Soo Ra, Kim Ji Jong and Lee Yun Hee, he didn’t live his life so extravagantly like his friends and kept a low profile during all these years.” Kyungsoo stopped to catch his breath, but seeing Kai’s eyes were twinkling with curiosity, he didn’t take a long break and continued, “after I heard that he was also a friend of your dad, Kim Soo Ra, I realized he was the man we were looking for, we didn’t recognize him because he kept his life in a low profile which we don’t know the reason but it didn’t really matter.”

Kyungsoo stood up; Kai knew his friend always does that when he had something very important to say. He stood up too, Kyungsoo turned and looked into his eyes. “ The point is, we found the man, the man from nowhere, but” Kyungsoo stopped, and took a deep breath, Kai knew there would surely be a ‘but’ after his best friend’s summary, “But,” Kyungsoo continued, “You put on a fight with him, you insulted him, called him names and even shoved him. Do you think he’s gonna give you the will if you act like a total jerk like that? Do you think he will even forgive you?”

A lot of stuff was going on in Kai’s head, his dad’s best friend, the will, the money, the man he shoved earlier and his attitude towards him. His legs gave away and he didn’t even know that he was on the floor again. He didn’t know where to start. He didn’t know how to untangle this mess. Normally, his lawyer or his PA does everything for him but this is not a case that he should call his lawyer to apologize to the new Head. He screwed this up, a big time. He needed time to think about this, an awful amount of time and maybe, a glass of scotch or two. He stood up, his legs were still shaky, and he seriously needed a drink. He had to go home, Kyungsoo’s to be exact and figure out this mess.

To make things worse, he heard a voice calling out to them.

“Which one of you dumped your bag from 12th floor to my head?”