Chapter 5

Love Me

Honestly I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you

Actually I resented you for acting like everything was normal

Why didn’t you know my heart?

 

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)

(APINK - SO LONG)

 

Joohyun asleep while leaning against the door of her room, she has not stopped crying since 2 hours ago. She was not trying to call Yonghwa to tell matchmaking with the son of the Lee family. Joohyun woke up when she heard the knock on her door while calling her name, it turns out it was her mother. Joohyun not want to open the door, she was upset because her parents betrothed her.

"Joohyun - ah open the door no. Eomma had a spare key to open the door of your room so it's useless if you avoid eomma" Joohyun finally forced open the door.

"Look at you now? Your hair so messy, swollen eyes. Tonight we will meet with the Lee family, you have to maintain your appearance"

"They have to accept the way I am "

"Joohyun-ah listen eomma, there is no word ‘accept the way I am’  in the dictionary of our family. We have to be perfect because we are the center of attention. If our perform the usual disheveled and then we will be the talk of the community and this will be the headlines in newspapers or magazines and news on line that a billionaire whose money was abundant in Korea can not even look elegant and classy. We’re chaebol not trash. Whatever we use will be considered every person so please pay attention to your body and your dress do not make me shy"

"But are eomma and appa would match me with Lee Jonghyun? He does not have to look at the side of my perfection but must see the flaws"

“Joohyun you’re Seo family 's only daughter and you're perfect with no gaps and that's what you have to show. Quick wash your face right now"

"Eomma already preparing clothes should you wear tonight. Wear this dress and Dress up pretty so that the Lee family will fascinated to you. Because eomma not trust you 100 % then this afternoon I called someone to give you makeup,. Do not argue" her mother go away after delivering clothes to Joohyun. Joohyun just sighed and tried to hold back her tears . She was tired of living in her parents' rules.

@ @ @ @

Joohyun sighed before exiting the room and down the stairs to the dining table to meet her parents and the Lee family. Tonight she was wearing a knee-length pink dress, wearing silver high heels with long black hair loose neat. Quite simple but looks classy and not too fancy.

"Anyeyong haseyo Seo Joohyun imnida" Joohyun bent introduce herself. Her mother asked her to sit beside her and infront of her is a handsome young man, Joohyun believe he is Lee Jonghyun.

"So beautiful like a royal princess"

"Gamshamnida Mr Lee"

"My son introduce yourself again in the presence of Miss Seo"

"Anyeyong haseyo Lee Jonghyun imnida. You're so beautiful Seo Joohyun-ssi, much prettier than the picture my parents gave me"

"Gamshamnida"

"Jonghyun-ah endure yourself. This is the new beginning you've been wooing meeting Seo Joohyun-ssi"

"Mianhaeyo abeoji I could not help myself. Seo Joohyun-ssi really pretty" they all chuckled together, whereas only Joohyun smiling or the truth is  pretend smile. Her mother had whispered to her to said that Jonghyun - ssi very handsome as well today, but Joohyun chose to ignore her commands .

Dinner runs smoothly and is filled with chatter about their business and mutual praise their children. For Joohyun when First time seeing Lee Jonghyun he is very handsome, white skin does not look like the Koreans, although her parents said he was a 100% Korean. He was fairly high, has dimples that make him look cute when smiling, and have a keen eye. But if you asked Joohyun, is she interested to him? No, Joohyun not interested to him. He could not make Joohyun’s heart vibrate when first saw him. Joohyun think is that Jonghyun would not like this matchmaking and introduction process just like her but from the look in his eyes Joohyun could feel otherwise , this man has an interest to her. It made her afraid, because she hope this man don’t  like this match so they can work together to thwart this match.

"In order for the more familiar please you two talking together. We’re parents would gather in the living room. Joohyun invite Jonghyun-ssi to play in the front yard. You just get to know each other"

"Ne. Jonghyun - ssi let us enjoy the crisp night air in the front yard of my house" with a heavy step Joohyun walked into her front yard Jonghyun followed behind. When it came out of the house suddenly her body felt warm and turns Jonghyun put his coat to Joohyun’s body. Joohyun just looked at Jonghyun with surprised faces while Jonghyun smile to her.

"Gamshamnida" was her only answer. Joohyun just feel nothing when Jonghyun put his coar on her body.

"You do not like this match right? I can see all of your face and your attitude. Your smile looks so forced"

"Mianhaeyo"

" But it does not matter to me. Because in the end you're still going to be mine. I do not like the preamble, to be honest I'm very attracted to you . From the beginning my mother gave the picture of you to me I immediately agreed with this matchmaking"

"And I do not"

"I 'll make you fall in love with me"

"You're very confident Lee Jonghyun - ssi"

"Of course . Those who survive are those that have a high confidence and not give up"

"I hope you will get bored with me as soon as possible and find another girl who is more alluring your hearts"

"It will not be because you're the only one"

"From the way you talk like you're very good at seducing women. How much your victims Jonghyun-ssi?"

"I'm not a playboy Joohyun-ssi. Have you googling my name, pick out all the info about me from a magazine or any one belief, you're not going to hear that Lee Jonhyun seing changed girlfriend, you will hear is my role in the business world, how my success to build my parents business. I do not have time to play around with women, but once I found the right woman I would not let her go even if she wanted to escape from me" Jonghyun stared joohyun sharp and that stare makes Joohyun little scared. She 's afraid he could control her like her parents twho control her.

"You do not have bad note. But I'm still not interested in marrying you, I'm sorry Jonghyun - ssi"

"I do not care. Because what I want should I get, including you Seo Joohyun-ssi"

"You're very scary. I do not like being forced and I hate when people do everything they can to get what he wants"

"That's my principle Joohyun - ssi. With my money, big names my family, my power, I will do everything possible to achieve what I want, both in the business world or about women"

"The first day you successfully made ​​me not like you and are not interested in you. I will try to thwart this match"

"Good luck, although it will be worth it. You can try this before to ask your parents to cancel this match, but it seems that did not work. So my next guess your efforts will fail too" Joohyun trying to keep her temper. This man is very confident at all, .

"I guess enough talk, let's go inside and show it to our parents, we have a conversation that is very exciting and interesting"

"You're good at lying"

"Did you tell the truth? Please only if you are ready with the consequence that your parents will give you" Jonghyun left Joohyun to get into her house, while Joohyun silent just did not think this man can control herself.

"Come in, the night air is getting cooler and if we do not get into then your parents would simultaneously suspect" with forced Joohyun walk with Jonghyun and put a fake smile to their parents. .

Joohyun trying to sleep when the dinner was finished and Lee families had gone home . Then, suddenly, his cell phone vibrate for incoming calls from unknown numbers

"Yeoboseyo" Joohyun knew that voice, though just met tonight but she already knew whose voice it was.

"What hapen ? I'm sleepy"

"Do not sleep. Tomorrow morning I 'll pick you up and drop you at campus off course . I do not want to hear ‘No’ answer. Ok joohyun - ssi "and Jonghyun decided his calling .

"Why am I so weak, does not have the power to determine my own life and let others control me? I wanted to die , because it's useless I live but can not enjoy my life and do the things I want"

@ @ @ @ @

As usual Joohyun sitting alone in the cafeteria campus and enjoy a drink while playing with her cell phone. Suddenlys he felt a hand over her eyes

"I know that you're Jung Yonghwa. Remove"

"Seo joohyun always be a hot topic at this campus . This time I heard the entire campus to talk about your new boyfriend, handsome and super luxury car beat Joohyun’s car. Who is him? your next sacrifices?"

"I was the victim now"

"what?"

"He was my parents choice"

"You mean you betrothed?"

"Yes"

"What's his name?"

"Lee Jonghyun" Joohyun give her picture to Yonghwa .

"I do not know him"

"Of course , you've never read a newspaper or business magazine. So where do you know about the important people in Korea. You just read magazines"

"YA! JOOHYUN. And I bet you did not know him before right? Since when are you going to read business magazines? Fashion magazines more important to you" Joohyun just pursed her lips and Yonghwa pinched her cheeks.

"Aw ww apoyo. I'm not a 10 years old girl , so stop pinch at my cheek"

"You're very cute Joohyun - ah" Joohyun cheeks flushed hearing Yonghwa mention her cute.

"Tonight we came out"

“ Sorry I had to accompany Jonghyun - ssi"

"Aish .. now I'm not the No. 1 guy for Seo Joohyun. Yesterday he was ignored me for the sake of Kang Minhyuk, now he's ignoring me for the sake of Lee Jonghyun. I was really anxious find out with these men, as handsome and attractive as what they so Joohyun opt out with him ​​than with me?" Yonghwa folded his hands and pretended to be angry.

"Do not be angry oppa, please. He asked me to accompany him to his friend 's birthday party tonight, and I could not resist it"

"I'm just kidding. But I wonder why you want to obey only his orders? Had not you do not like to be regulated by your ex? Although they force you, buy you everything that you want to accompany them to attend an event with him, usually you rarely want? I bet you love this guy so you do what he wants? So Joohyun are in love with a man her parents chose for her " Yonghwa teased Joohyun and Joohyun only smile.

'If you know that the man I loved was you. And if only you knew that Lee Jonghyun will do everything he can to keep me accompany him and does not refused this match. I do not have the strength to fight opp , because he also has the full support of my parents' Joohyun talking to herself did not dare say directly to Yonghwa.

"So today you do not bring a car? Want to go home with me?"

"No oppa , he would pick me up. Do not you have a class again today?"

"It is finished"

"Have not you go home first , I 'll wait for him here"

"I will accompany you wait for your new boyfriend to came. I'm curious as to what he's up to the women on this campus not stop talking about his good looks. I’m Not only the most handsome man here?"

You're too confident oppa , there are still many out there that more men rich and handsome than you. If you're so handsome why Jooeun-ssi still reject you? I think she has a normal eye kekekekekeke"

" I'm sure Jooeun fully recognize my good looks just that she was too proud to reveal. What do you think , I'm handsome and fascinating, right?"

"Good-looking when viewed with the eyes closed" Yonghwa pinched her cheeks and tickle her. And he did not quit though Joohyun say 'stop' , they joke together and laugh together no matter if they are in a crowd.

@ @ @ @

Does not feel they chatted for two hours and Lee Jonghyun had not come to pick Joohyun. Joohyun said Jonghyun was in a meeting so the meeting may not yet finished .

"You go home first oppa"

"Come home with me. You will not know when that meeting will be completed. Outside it was raining Joohyun-ah"

"Gwenchana "

"Had not you hate waiting so why do you persist today waiting for him? Quickly send a message to him, told him to not to pick you up because you 've delivered to me" do not wait for her answer Yonghwa snatched her hand.

"Are you afraid he's mad at you? why promise if he himself can not keep? You're weird Joohyun-ah, you do not usually like this. Do you really love to be willing to wait for hours?" Joohyun not answer just silence.

Torrential rain at all and they do not carry umbrella to go to the parking lot. Yonghwa finally opened his jacket and put it to Joohyun, then pull back Joohyun’s hand in the middle of a torrential rain to get to his car. Joohyun hearts skipped a beat when Yonghwa put on his jacket to her, pull his jacket zipper up the neck and wear cap into her head ensure that her head and her body will not be exposed to rain. And when Yonghwa pulled her hand was warm once even though their hands exposed to rain but Joohyun feel the warmth. Very different to what Joohyun feel when Jonghyun gave his coat to Joohyun last night. Joohyun not feel anything, and her heart was not touched by his gentleman gesture.

"Gwenchana?" Ask Yonghwa when they 've got in his car

"Gwenchana. I should have asked you, you're in the rain without a jacket and wear a head covering , now your  clothes and hair wet with rain, gwenchana?"

"Gwenchana. I'm definitely stronger man , rain will not make me sick" Joohyun tried to open his jacket and put it to Yonghwa’s body, but Yonghwa hold.

"You are wearing this acket, I'm fine. ok"

‘How can I not love you if you continue to give little attention like this to me ? Little things that you do to me always effect me . Do not give me the hope oppa if you can not give your love to me' Joohyun back talking to herself and inhaling the smell of his perfume attached to the jacket she wears.

@ @ @ @ @

Joohyun forced to postpone her sleep time when her maid told her that Jonghyun was waiting in the living room.

"What is it ? This was after 9 pm and I 'm tired want to sleep"

"Is that how you greet your fiance ?"

"Need I remind you, we are NOT engaged Jonghyun-ssi. We're just in the process of recognition"

"In essence we will engaged and married, and since stop calling me with formal, calling me oppa" Joohyun sigh and try not to argue with Jonghyun .

"Why did not you wait for me this afternoon? I said wait for me but instead you go with your friend"

"I've been waiting more than two hours and then heavy rain. I do not want to look like a fool who is not expecting you to know when you will come. I hate waiting"

"You have to wait for me "

"So you came here tonight just to blame me because I'm not waiting for you, and I 've been waiting like a fool for hours? I'm tired I want to sleep" Joohyun turned around and wanted to go back to her room but Jonghyun hold her.

"Stop. Do not go when I 'm talking, remember that? You have to apologize because you were not waiting for me"

"What? that you should apologize to me. Did you go to my campus to check what I was waiting for you there or not ?"

"Certainly not , for what , did not you send me a message that you're home with your friend"

"So why should I apologize to you? You do not even wait for me"

"What is difficult for you to say the word sorry?"

"Is that too hard for you?"

"Of course, because I felt guilty so I do not have to apologize" Joohyun breath and tried to pull back her tears. If Yonghwa never do this to her, he always the first to apologize to her even its not his false, so different from Jonghyun. She was tired of arguing with Jonghyun so she relented that the completion of this problem .

"Mi ... mian .. maianhaeyo Jonghyun - ssi"

"Oppa"

" Mianhaeyo Jonghyun oppa "

"Sure baby I forgive you" Joohyun sighed , finally the problem is solved as well.

"Now change your clothes and dress up beautiful, we would go to my friend birthday party"

"Mwoya? I 'm tired, you go alone"

" Remember Joohyun-ah I do not accept the word NO. Your parents also had allow me to get you out. I do not care if you're tired quickly change clothes and dress up, my friend was waiting. Do not be too long , you're pretty so do not wear make -up too thick" Joohyun Finally relented and entered her room to change clothes. Her tears drop, she was very tired and wanted to rest and debate with Jonghyun drained her energy and now she had to accompany him to her friend 's birthday and Joohyun can only obey.

@ @ @ @ @

Yonghwa just sit lazy while watching TV and eating cake, he was not go to college today and bored. But Joohyun was in  college so she could not accompany Yonghwa.

"Instead of lazing like this why do not you help your father to the office?"

"Lazy"

"You are the sole heir J mall Yonghwa-ya, can you really take care of your father business ?"

"There Appa , so let him who work hard taking care of J mall"

"Yonghwa-ya what you want to be? can not you like Joohyun fiancé Lee Jonghyun? Go Have a browse on the internet his name, you will know how successful he was at a young age. His record is very good , he has not played woman or party. Instead he could help his parents business, you have much to learn from him"

"Ryu Nami-ssi I was Jung Yonghwa, not Lee Jonghyun so stop comparing me to anyone. If you're so amazed to Lee Jonghyun, why do not you seduce his father and marry him so you can be Lee Jonghyun stepmother"

"Keep your words Yonghwa - ya"

"You started first"

"Your father and I are very tired of how to concern you  Using gentle or rough all the way but  fail"
"........."

"Your father was quite nice to you because he does not fix you up are like Joohyun parents do. Your father still believe that you could find the right girl, equals with us. I heard about the Im Jooeun, he said you were interested in her? Please think again Yonghwa-ya , looking for another girl because her mother is just a fishmonger in the market" Yonghwa looked away from the TV to his stepmother, and staring at her.

"You do not have to take care of my busines , just take care of yourself . And need I remind you, Im Jooeun very worthy to be part of the Jung family, she was very intelligent, although her ​​mother just a fishmonger in the market but she’s a lawyer candidate. What about you? Do you feel deserves to be my father's wife? You're just a former cheap model, unintelligent you are not rich, you do not have a brain, you're just relying on your body. So do not ever advise me on the right woman for me who" Nami tries to slap Yonghwa because Yonghwa words hurt her but Yonghwa hold her hand and threw out of nowhere, he then went into his room to try to avoid Nami so that emotions are not getting up.

@ @ @ @ @

" Yeoboseyo "

" Joohyun - ah I’m going into your home now”

"Do not oppa , I 'm out"

"Where?"

"Accompany Jonghyun oppa to her friend 's birthday party"

"Oppa? Since when do you call him oppa. And Joohyun whether Jonghyun-ssi friend 's birthday every day? Why almost every day you have to accompany him to his friend birthday party"

"I seriously oppa, come to Zenit club, I was there"

"Okay" Yonghwa also annoyed because every time he wants to invite Joohyun out she refused because she would always go with Lee Jonghyun. Tonight he's bored, he finally went to a club other than Zenit to ensure the presence of Joohyun also for a bit of fun because tonight he needed entertainment. Although he does not know who 's birthday, but he believes the guards definitely will allow him entry when he showed his ID.

@ @ @ @

Joohyun only drink cola tonight, she was not in the mood to drink alcohol and she does not want to get drunk. She was very tired, she did not know the people in this club.

"Come dance with me"

"I'm tired oppa"

"Come on Joohyun, I do not want to hear the word NO. What would I say to my friends, my fiance does not want to dance with me? It was very embarrassing"

"I'm really tired"

"I do not care" and Jonghyun pull Joohyun to dance floor and dancing to wiggle his body. While Joohyun only move her body with a limp.

"Smile Joohyun, do not embarrass me in front of my friends" Joohyun forcing a smile while moving her body. But she was tired so she went down and sat back in her seat, no matter if Jonghyun called out her name .

"Joohyun - ah do not make me ashamed. Come dance with me again" Jonghyun holding Joohyun shoulders with sharp look to Joohyun.

"What happen with you? I’m your fiancée and you must do what I say. Do not make me tell your parents that you not being nice to me and refuse me to dance with you" Joohyun finally obey Jonghyun command and will go up to the dance floor again but stopped her pace when she felt a hand restrained her.

"Joohyun said she was tired, so why are you forcing her?" Joohyun silent when she heard it , she recognized the voice

"Who are you? Stay out of my business , she’s my fiance"

"Prospective fiance. Because I know there is no circular ring on her little finger and you. And let me introduce my self, I’m Jung Yonghwa"

"Nice to meet Jung Yonghwa - ssi, I'm Lee Jonghyu . So can you let go of your hand Joohyun and let me dance with her"

"are you deaf ? She was tired. And look at her face , she was bored and wanted to get out of this place, you keep impose your will on her. She's not a robot, treat her well, because otherwise you will be dealing with me. Remember that " Yonghwa pulled out Joohyun of this club . Jonghyun just paused and smiled at some of his friends who watched.

"Ehmmm Joohyun is not feeling well , so she called her friend to pick her up . I could not leave this party , because this is my friend party. Come on let's have fun " and finally Jonghyun and his friends have fun shaking to the music played by the DJ, forget about Joohyun.

@ @ @ @ @

Joohyun only bow in Yonghwa’s car , she embarrassed did not dare look Yonghwa’s face. She was embarrassed because Yonghwa see everything.

"Why did not you tell me he's not a good guy ? Why did not reject this match? Why do not you fight it so that he did not act arbitrarily to you. He  justprospective candidates betrothed husband he should behave like a prince who treats you like a princess gently. Not treat you like a robot " Yonghwa hugging Joohyun and Joohyun could not hold back her tears. She was crying uncontrollably in his arms, issued all tears that had her buried.

TBC

Note: Don’t forget comment