The Summer Flower Blooms

Once upon a Summer day

 A/N: Aaand second chapter is up...it's better than the first I guess? it feels like it at least. anyway please leave a comment! I'd love to know your opinion on the story so far :)

 

After stopping at the other girls’ places too we arrived at the dorm. Andy said his goodbyes and told us he’d be back Sunday. He also warned the guys that sneaking into the girls’ dorm wasn’t allowed. I was busy unpacking my things when Chunji popped his head through our door. The other girls gasped, quickly scampering to cover themselves as they had been getting dressed.

“Aww, you don’t have to put them on again”, Chunji protested when the girls quickly put something on.  “Pig”, I said, throwing my shoe at him. He jumped back at my attack, closing the door behind him. “Pajama Party in the TV room”, he shouted through the door. Interesting I thought, hurrying into my pj’s. I wonder what they had planned. I ran off to the room where the guys were waiting, sprawled out on the floor and couch. Ricky and Changjo schooched over so I could sit between them. “Cute”, Ricky commented, referring to my pj’s which had little sheep all over it. I giggled at the guys in their pj’s. They looked so cute, Niel even had pj’s with Piglet on it. I flopped down between the two of them. “So what have you guys planned?” “Xbox games marathon”, C.A.P said grinning. I rolled my eyes at them, typical guys. I didn’t mind that much though it had been years since I’ve played and it should be fun kicking their butts in it. I may be rusty, but I had skill especially when it came to racing games. “Alright then whose am I kicking first?” C.A.P scoffed at my taunt. “Oh we’ll see about that” I grinned straight at him. “You’re on”

“Ooohh!  This is good, let’s make bets on them!”, Ricky exclaimed excitedly.

“C.A.P!”, all the guys shouted together. I narrowed my eyes at them. “What’s the point of the bet if you all put your money on C.A.P?”

“I’ll vote for you”, Ricky said innocently. I smiled warmly at him, patting him on the head. “At least he believes in me”, I said to the others. C.A.P and I finally battled it out; in the background all the guys except for Ricky were cheering on C.A.P. Ricky was the only one who chanted Summer over and over again. After almost ten minutes of intense racing we had finished, C.A.P raising his fist in the air in victory. I hated to admit it but he completely wasted me.  I put the console next to me on the couch and finally looked up to face my defeat. “You were saying?”, C.A.P said mockingly.

I pursed my lips saying nothing. I hated losing. “I’ll win you one day”, I finally answered.

He laughed. “Anytime, but hey comfort yourself with the fact that you’ve been the best competition I’ve had in a long time.”  I felt a little better after that. I turned to Ricky. “Sorry”, I apologized. “I didn’t want to disappoint you… I appreciated your chanting though”, I said smiling.

He didn’t look the least bit disappointed, instead he was gave me a congratulatory hug. He pulled me tightly against him, wrapping his arms around my waist. “You did great!”, he said still clinging to me.

He let me go then taking me back to the couch. “So what are we doing now?”

“Up for another match?”, Chunji asked

“Sure, I’ve got to get you back for barging into our dorm anyway.” I used that as an excuse, but secretly I just wanted to win something.

“You got it… So let’s make a bet out of it then” I grinned in satisfaction. Oh I loved making bets.

“State your terms Peeping Tom”

He laughed at the nickname. “hmm… if I win I get unlimited barging into your room” I simply rolled my eyes at him. “And if I win I get to dress you up as a girl and photos will be taken.” His gloating expression turned bitter at the thought of that. The battle commenced and it wasn’t long before I turned to Chunji with a self- satisfied smile. “So what are your feelings on high heels?”  He let his head fall down in defeat. “Noo”, he pleaded, I’m the visual of the group. I can’t be seen like that!”

I gave him a smirk. ‘too late to turn back now… but don’t worry I won’t do it now.”

“Fine”, he sighed, getting up and walking to the kitchen. “Get me some chips!”, Niel called to him, taking his place on the couch. The guys wanted to watch a movie then so we all huddled together on the couch. I still sat between Ricky and Changjo, my legs over Ricky’s and my back resting against Changjo. Niel was sprawled out over our laps, while L.joe was the only one on the floor beneath us, resting his head against Chunji’s legs. After the movie, Niel fell asleep on our laps, while C.A.P, Chunji and L.joe were having a heated debate on the ending of the movie. I got bored with their conversation and turned my attention to Ricky and Changjo who were attempting to make up a rap about their favourite food. I laughed at their rhymes, making no sense at all. It got late and one by one they shuffled off to their rooms, until only Ricky, Changjo, Niel and me remained. I yawned and stretched out on the couch now that there was more space. This time my legs were over Changjo’s and my head rested on Ricky’s lap. Changjo had closed his eyes after a while humming to himself and Niel had once again fallen asleep this time on the carpet. I looked up at Ricky from his lap. He was gazing back. I closed my eyes and snuggled into his hoodie, grateful for the warmth against my cheek. “You’re in danger”, he said suddenly. My eyes snapped open. “Of what?”, I asked curious because of his serious expression. “Of falling for me.”, he said still serious. I burst out laughing, bringing Changjo back from his daydreaming and making Niel snort in his sleep. “Do you say that to all the noonas you meet?”

“Not all of them”, he said winking, I giggled. “Oh, so you’re a playboy huh?”

“He likes to believe he is.”, Changjo remarked. Ricky pursed his lips at Changjo’s comment. ‘I can be.”

His saddened face looked so innocently adorable. I patted him on his head. “Maybe you should stick with your area of expertise.” His face darkened. “You get pretty tired of people treating you like a child.”

“I thought that’s what you wanted, you know with the whole maknae thing with you and Changjo. “

“It’s fine when we’re joking around, but now I always get treated like that even when I’m being serious.”

“Well I’ll make you a promise then. I promise to never treat you like a child… even though you are younger than me.”, I said with a warm smile. His face brightened at my promise. “Thank you noona, really.” His expression looked so sincere that I had to fight the urge to hug him. Apparently he didn’t have as much willpower as me, because the next moment he bent down to me and tightly pressed me to him. I sat upright so we could hug properly.  After a couple of seconds we let go of each other noticing a rather curious glance from Changjo. “I’m off to bed”, he announced, kicking Niel’s leg to wake him up. “Let’s go, Niel” Niel sleepily got up, rubbing his eyes as he yawned. “Night”, he slurred trailing after Changjo to their dorm.

“I should probably go to”, I said to Ricky, getting up from the couch. He grabbed my hand causing me to stop. “Just don’t stray too far away from me or you might experience withdrawal symptoms.”, he said to me letting go of my hand then. I laughed. “I’ll be sure to get to you first thing tomorrow morning.”

“Night”, he whispered

“Night.” I gave him a smile before disappearing around the corner.

 

 

 

The sound of shrill laughter and an occasional squeal weaved in and out of my subconscious until a sudden loud scream woke me with a start, causing me to hit my head on the bunk bed above me.

“”, I groaned in pain, rolling over and burying my face in my pillow. The sharp pain on my head slowly disappeared after a while although I could feel that it was swollen. I groggily got up, pretty grumpy because of the way I had woken up. I’ve never exactly been a morning person and the little head bump didn’t help either. What the hell were they doing in there; I wondered when I continuously heard the shrill screaming from the other rooms. I went to go investigate and found most of the guys lounging around in the TV room. Most of them were on their Ipad’s or eating their cereal, but the destination of the sounds had come from Niel and Ricky. Ricky was giving Niel a piggyback while Niel was swinging a shirt around in the air screaming “Move Piggy!’ over and over again at Ricky who proceeded to run faster at the command. They ran from the TV room to their dorm. I sighed, walking to the kitchen to get myself some coffee. I really couldn’t handle this much excitement so early in the morning. I got a cup out of the cabinet and started to pour in the hot water when Changjo popped up next to me. “Morning”, he said cheerfully.

“Morning”, I grunted back. He laughed at my obvious foul mood. “Not a morning person, are we?”

“It’s usually not this bad, but the wake up call doesn’t make it any better”, I said nodding in the direction of the noise. We sat down at the table, drinking our coffee in silence. We weren’t the only ones wanting to get away from the exuberant ones. C.A.P and Chunji joined us to eat their cereal in peace and quiet. Ricky and Niel’s steam ran out though and they returned about 10 minutes later, Niel still on Ricky’s back, slowly walking into the kitchen. “Summer!”, Ricky exclaimed when he saw me. He quickly straightened up, causing Niel to fall off Ricky and straight onto his own back. He wasn’t hurt and he only shuffled out of the kitchen, rubbing his back and complained about Ricky’s “idiocy”.  “Morning”, Ricky said when things had settled down in the kitchen again. My grumpy mood seemed to evaporate with his bright smile. I instantly became happy upon seeing him. “Morning”, I smiled back. We sat and talked until we finished our coffee. C.A.P called us together then to announce that we were going out and had to get ready. Ricky bounced up from his chair and ran towards the shower. I sat and watched him disappear around the corner, laughing as he went. Almost automatically I smiled when I thought of him. There was something about him that made me so…happy. “He has this amazing ability to make everyone around him happy, doesn’t he?” , Changjo commented suddenly next to me again.

“He really does”, I agreed thoughtfully.

An hour later we were ready to go and shuffled off to the car. Ricky patted his lap invitingly wanting me to sit with him again. I didn’t complain. He played with my hair on the way to the mall, making little braids, while singing along to the radio in the car. I slid up next to Chunji when we stepped out of the car, taking him by the arm and steering him in the direction of the nearest women’s clothing department. He went along happily until he realized what my plan was. He reared back trying to escape from my grip. “Oh, no you don’t we had an agreement didn’t we?” 

“Noooo”, he groaned. “You can’t do this to me!”

The others all laughed at his pleading face, asking for their help and instead helped me get him into the store. I could guess they wanted to see their groups’ visual in women’s clothes just as much as I did.

“You have the camera, right Niel?”

 He swung it around, winking at me. I quickly flipped through the countless rails of clothing keeping the outfit I had thought of in mind. I flung pieces of clothing at him and pointed to the fitting rooms. “I am so getting you back for this.”, he growled, giving me a bitter look. He disappeared into the room and reappeared again 10minutes later. I heard the latch on the door unlock. “Get the camera ready”, I said to Niel. Chunji’s head popped out from behind the door. He looked embarrassed to say the least. He flung the door open revealing the red lace dress, fishnet stockings and suede black heels. We all burst out laughing, falling to the ground clenching our stomachs.

“I look like a hooker.”, Chunji said with obvious discomfort. Niel was furiously snapping photos of Chunji from every angle. After a while he started having fun with it and gave us a few poses. “Agreement fulfilled”, he announced before disappearing into the room again. “Okay wait somebody is gonna have to help me out of this.” I laughed, following him inside. We walked around the mall then going into random shops and trying on different outfits. Ricky enjoyed it just as much as me, and we dressed each other up in hats, sunglasses and jewellery. We got a hold of C.A.P in one shop and – against his will – dressed him in a frilly pink dress and matching hat with a ponytail. We got a good couple of photos of that before he almost ripped the clothes off trying to smack Ricky on the head. We ran, laughing out of the shop before he came after us. We hid in another store which kept formal wear. “Oo0hh”, I said staring at all the beautiful dresses before me. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”, Ricky said from behind me also admiring the impressive display of clothes.  I gave him a wide smile before grabbing a dress and running into the fitting room. Wow, I thought as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The dress was truly beautiful. It cascaded down my waist in waves of material. It looked like the ocean on a dress. It was a stunning shimmer blue, with little crystals embedded on the bodice of the dress. I stepped out of the room in a daze. The dress even flowed like water around my body as I walked. I looked up to find Ricky waiting for me in a tux. I immediately forgot about the dress when I saw him. He looked so good in a tux. He had never been more adorable and yet at the same he looked freakin hot. How was that even possible? He stared down at me in wonder. “Summer”, he whispered unable to take his eyes off me. His stare made me blush and I turned away shyly. “You look dashing”, I said, still avoiding his gaze. Why couldn’t I look him in the eyes? He grabbed my wrist, turning me around to face him. “You look… amazing”, he said, intensely staring down at me. “Why thank you”, I said looking down at my feet. A goofy smile spread across his lips. He bowed and offered me his hand. “A dance Milady?” I laughed, my previous self-consciousness melting away. I gave him a curtsy. “I’d love to.” He took me by my hand and waist and led me to the middle of the room. He pulled me in closer until our faces were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face. We waltzed around the room, gracefully moving in circles. His dancing impressed me, his usual clumsiness had vanished. He twirled me in and out, quickly pulling me back to him. It was with one of these twirls that he pulled me back too roughly and caused me to trip over my dress and fall onto his chest. He proceeded to trip over his own feet then and we landed on the floor. “Excuse me?”, a stone, cold voice came from in front of us. The shop owner was staring down at us with a disapproving look. We guiltily got up, changing back into our clothes and hanged the tux and dress up back in place. We slunk out of the shop in silence. When we had covered enough distance between us and the shop I broke the silence. “That was really fun”, I said. “I didn’t know you could do ballroom dancing”

“A little”, he admitted, “I mostly learned from weddings. We should probably catch up with the others.”, he said taking me by the arm as we walked on.

We found them as we had had expected at a restaurant gobbling away their food. “I can’t believe you started without us!”, Ricky exclaimed in a hurt voice. “We didn’t know where the hell you two had run off to.”, L.Joe said in a stern voice. It was the first time I had heard L.Joe use that tone of voice with anyone. It was scary actually, especially because it came from him. I felt responsible for the lashing out that Ricky received, but I didn’t dare say anything. I shrank into the background as much as I could, keeping my eyes down. I sat next to Changjo not even daring to speak to him either. “What’s wrong?”, he asked me after a while. I looked up worried at Ricky and L.Joe. “It’s my fault.”, I whispered to him. He gave me a reassuring smile. “Relax, it’s not like L.Joe’s mad he was just worried that’s all. Mother hen you know”, he added rolling his eyes. “See not one of the others are even worried, they know Ricky can take care of himself.’ I looked around at each of them oblivious to  their surroundings and only eating away at their food, happily. I looked at L.joe again who caught my gaze and gave a smile. I relaxed then knowing it wasn’t serious. We finished our lunch and walked around the centre until we reached the cinema. “Up for a movie?”, Chunji asked us. “Sure why not”, Changjo and Niel agreed. We went to see a comedy. C.A.P quickly fell asleep in the cinema, while Chunji and Niel threw popcorn at the people in front, ducking into their seats each time someone turned around. Ricky, L.Joe and I sat a little ways away simply enjoying the movie and actually eating our popcorn. Afterwards we were tired from the days outing and decided to head home. We passed a beautiful, little garden with a fountain in the middle of the mall. It was probably there to advertise the flower shop across it. I looked so pretty even though it was out of place. I saw Ricky leaving the formation of the group and walk towards it. He picked one of the flowers off and turned to me.

He handed the flower to me. “A Summer flower for a Summer beauty” I smiled brightly at him, squealing inside over the sweet gesture. “Thank you”, I said slowly twirling the flower in my hand.

He smiled back happily and took my arm again as we walked to join the others. The car ride was silent; everyone was too tired to talk. I sat leaning back on Ricky’s chest, staring out of the window and breathing in the scent of the water lily in my hands. The slow rocking movement of the car soon lulled me to sleep. My mind weaved in and out of consciousness which only made me remember certain things. Cold wind blew against my skin, trying to recoil from it I noticed I was being carried. I snuggled closer to the warm body, pressing my face into his warm hoodie. I heard a familiar giggle before my mind went blank again. I surfaced again when my body relaxed into my bed. I felt the covers over me and soft lips brushing against my forehead. I sighed happily, rolling over so I was comfortable and lapsed into a cosy sleep once again.