A Summer breeze over the awaiting Ocean

Once upon a Summer day

A/N: A short, but cute chapter..I think... yeah so anyway comments are appreciated! Really I'd love to get some comments and opinions on this story :)

I woke up disorientated from my afternoon nap. The dorm was silent so I made my way to the TV room to find the others. L.Joe was the only one sitting on the couch quietly playing games on his Ipad. “Hi”, I said sleepily. “Hi”, he said laughing at my hair that stood in tufts around my head. “Have a nice nap?”

“Sort of…Where are the others?” I took a seat next to him, interesting myself in the game. “They went to sleep too, you’ve only been asleep for half an hour… but they should wake up cause we have something planned for tonight and we need to get ready.”

“Hmm.. can I go wake them?”, I asked with a devious smile. “Sure, go ahead.”

I tiptoed into their room, sneaking around their bunk beds until I reached Ricky’s. As expected their room was messy; clothes lying everywhere and random things on the floor. I gazed at their sleeping forms. Niel and Chunji were on their stomachs lightly snoring with their arms and legs spread out. Changjo on the other hand looked like sleeping beauty laying on his back, hands intertwined, resting on his stomach. I giggled and ripped out my phone, taking numerous photos. I couldn’t resist the opportunity and who knows I might need it for future revenge. I stopped at Ricky’s bunk last. He shared his with Changjo, who took the bottom bunk. I soundlessly stepped on the ladder to get up to Ricky. My heart melted when I saw him sleeping exactly like a child, clutching his pillow at his side like a child would a teddy bear. He even smiled in his sleep, cuddling his pillow closer to him. I had a sudden flashback of earlier when I saw him smile. I remembered him carrying me to bed, tucking me in and his lips which lightly brushed my forehead. Had I only imagined it, or was it real? Who knows what my subconscious might have conjured up. Even if he did do it I doubt he would mention it to me himself… maybe I should ask him straight out. I decided to pry on it later and enjoy myself by waking them up. I leaned in closer, blowing air on Ricky’s face. He scrunched up his nose and frowned. I giggled, this time tickling his face with my fingertips. He rolled around, trying to get away. I leaned in again and this time blew air into his ear. He awoke with squeal escaping his lips. I jumped at his sudden movement, falling back and onto Chunji’s bed. Ricky stared at me wide-eyed, utterly confused. Chunji had woken up too, now groaning as he squirmed to get out from underneath me. “Wakey wakey, sleepy heads.”, I said in a loud voice attempting to get them all awake. It had no effect on C.A.P – not that anything usually had – but it got Changjo, Niel and Chunji sitting up on their beds. Ricky was still confused, but was as least not frightened anymore. “Sorry “, I said. “I didn’t want to scare you, but L.Joe told me to come and wake you guys… apparently you had something planned for tonight?”

“Oh yeah!’, Ricky exclaimed forgetting about his confusion. He sprang up and practically scooted me out the room. “Go get ready! And wear something fancy!”

I hurried to my room suddenly bubbling with enthusiasm. I quickly got showered and did my hair and make up. I smoothed my dress over my hips as I looked into the mirror. I wore a simple black dress that came to my knees and velvet, black shoes. My hair curled around my shoulders. I smiled at my reflection, thinking about the amazing weekend I’ve had so far. I knew Monday would come and we’d start working, but how could anything feel like work when I was constantly with these guys. Even if I’ve only known them for 2 days I feel like they’ve become family to me. I turned around, grabbing my bag and paced to the rest of my family. Some of the guys were already there waiting for the others. “Where are we going?”, I asked excitedly. “You’ll see”, Ricky said, appearing around the corner. He looked particularly handsome in his formal pants and blazer. His hair was coincidently styled in my favourite way; spiked upwards with the blue streaks in his hair showing clearly. I gave him a pout, as a sign of my impatience, but he didn’t give in and only smiled knowingly. In the car ride I curiously craned my neck to look out the window to see where we were going. After a while the car stopped and we stepped out on the harbour overlooking the ocean before us. It looked beautiful as the water shimmered reflecting the night lights around us that switched on as it got dark. We walked along the wooden path, my heels making noise as we walked. We came to a stop at a popular restaurant which was literally on the deck of the harbour. There was a table set out on the wooden deck a couple of feet from the water. “What’s this?”

“Dinner on the harbour”, Ricky replied, pulling a chair out for me. “This is our official welcome to our company for you.”, C.A.P announced with a proud smile to us girls. The rest took their seats and we digged into our food, falling into our natural pattern of familiar conversation.  It was utterly beautiful; the delicious food, the view overlooking the ocean and numerous yachts and the moon that had finally made its appearance and was now shimmering over the ocean in a bright, silver glow. When everyone had finished their dinner a waiter appeared taking our plates and came back a couple of minutes later with dessert and a bottle of champagne.

 “Now I know that I’m the only one of legal drinking age but I decided that this was a special occasion and I’ll allow one glass for everyone tonight.” “Whoa!!’, Ricky and Changjo exclaimed jumping up and down in their seats in excitement. C.A.P popped open the champagne bottle, the frothy liquid bubbling out. When each of us had a glass he spoke up again. “Welcome to T.O.P Media!’, he shouted raising his glass to me and the other girls. “Whoohoo!”, we unanimously shouted. I slowly sipped at my champagne, enjoying the sweet taste. Ricky eagerly took the silver domes off the dessert plates to reveal an array of strawberries dipped in chocolate. “Hmm…”, Ricky said eyeing the delicacies. “Oooh yummy”, I said. “Want a bite?”, Ricky said, winking. He brought the strawberry closer to my lips until I moved in to bite the chocolate tip off. Some of the others had drifted off towards the railing of the deck or to walk along the harbour and the few of us left at the table sat in silence. “Want to go for a walk?” Ricky took me by the arm as we walked alongside the railing and down the wooden path. After a while we stopped and simply looked out at the view before us in awe. I watched the little ripples the water made in the reflection of the moon. I looked up at Ricky curious as to how he was taking in the view in front of him. His face was thoughtful, a small smile playing on his lips. His eyes closed then and I could see him take in a deep breath as if he wanted to breathe in the ocean air. “Thank you for all this… “, I said after watching him for a while. His humble face invoked an overwhelming wave of emotion inside of me. I was so grateful that I could be here, experiencing this, living my dream and to have met them. To have met Ricky.  “This weekend has really been amazing. I’ve had the best time with you guys and I don’t want to sound too forward but I feel like you’ve already become family to me. So yeah… thank you… for just letting me into your lives.”

His eyes had flipped open at the sound of my voice and he looked up at me after my little speech, a beautiful smile on his lips. His face was just as bright as the moon before us and looking at him now made me realize how much I already cared for him. He stepped forward grabbing me and wrapping me in his arms. He held me tightly in silence for a long time. “Noona”, he said finally taking my head in his hands and moving me back so he could look at me.  “There’s no need to thank me… besides I should be thankful to you… if you had never chosen to audition at our company I would never have met you!”

“You should thank President Andy for that”, I said smiling. He smiled back warmly letting go of my head. “Come on, let’s go back to the others before they steal all the strawberries.” he said leading me back to the deck where the others were mingling, already in their seats again. It was only after midnight when we arrived back at our dorms, yawning as we stepped through the door and kicked off our shoes. I flopped down on the couch, wanting to rest my feet from my high heels. Most of the others immediately shuffled off the bed, mumbling goodnights as they disappeared to their dorms. Changjo, Ricky and Niel went to the kitchen fetching something to eat and I was left in the TV room on my own. Before my mind could even start to wander, my eyes seemed to close by itself and my head fell back on the arm of the couch. I surfaced from my slumber when I heard Niel and Changjo say goodnight and Ricky lift my head so he could sit down with my head resting on his lap.

“Don’t you want to go to bed?”, he asked. “In a little while”, I said sleepily, closing my eyes again and snuggling against him. He was silent, only my hair. There was something I needed to know before I completely fell asleep. “Hey, Ricky?”

“mmm?” 

“Did you kiss me goodnight this afternoon when you carried me to bed?” I felt him tense at my question, his silence being answer enough for me. I smiled, eyes still closed, at him and hugged myself closer to his warm body before I finally drifted off into a deep sleep.