A Summer's Love

Once upon a Summer day

A/N: The last instalment to my Ricky fic... I was tempted to cut this into two chapters and make everyone wait another week lol but I couldn't really find the right place so I was like Oh well let's leave it at seven chapters...Anyway the sweet end to this fluffy fic...I really enjoyed writing this as it was my first and writing Ricky just made me smile...he's really such a sweetheart (^_^) Thanks for all the readers and subscribers for sticking with the story! I really appreaciate it :)

 

When I opened my eyes I saw him watching me with anticipation like a child waiting for his birthday present. His face glowed as he watched me fully wake up. “Morning”, I said unable to stop smiling.

“Morning.”, he said almost as if he was out of breath or in a complete daze.

He brought his face to mine. “How did you sleep?”, he asked closing his eyes and rubbing his soft, warm cheek against mine. “Hmm comfortable nights were part of the package right? So yeah definitely very, very comfortable.”, I replied snuggling against his chest.

The following couple of weeks continued in the same pattern of euphoria as the first. During the week I’d have practice, getting home pretty late and wouldn’t see much of Ricky or the rest of Teen Top. Weekends on the other hand Ricky and I were inseparable; either hanging out at their dorm with the guys, going out or relaxing at my place on our own. I couldn’t even begin to describe how happy I was. Everything was literally perfect. Somehow we never got tired of each other, never fought over anything and never had an unhappy moment together. We were in perfect unison. In the start of our second month together Teen Top was called one Thursday to air on an episode of Weekly Idol for their comeback. I hadn’t seen Ricky for the whole week and would only be seeing him Friday after work. Despite that he called me Thursday night telling me he couldn’t see me for the whole weekend. I sighed putting down my phone after the call. I had wondered when this would start to happen. Practice hours would only get longer and harder closer to their tour and new album release. I was disappointed but there was nothing much I could do. Tuesday morning I ran into Changjo on the stairs on the way to the studio. “Well hello there where have you been this weekend?”, he said smiling up at me widely and opening his arms for a hug. I hugged him tightly. I had missed my friend, besides having Ricky I had grown very close to the other members as well, especially Changjo. We had been friends since the beginning anyway, but had become even closer as we got to know each other better. And of course there was the special bond we shared from our mutual love for dance. “What do you mean?”, I asked after he released me. “I thought you had practice the whole weekend, that’s why Ricky called me and cancelled our plans” I watched his face with a confused expression. “He did what?”, Changjo asked in disbelief. “He’s such an coward!”, Changjo said bursting with laughter.

“Wait I’m confused.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll have a talk with him”, he said still laughing to himself. “Don’t tell him you talked to me okay? Don’t say anything!”, he shouted bounding down the stairs and disappearing before I could ask what he meant.

Even as confused as I was I decided to trust Changjo’s judgement and say nothing, not that I talked to Ricky in the following two days anyway. Thursday came and as I was making my way to my apartment door after practice, I got a call. “Hey Mung Mung* ”, I said when I noticed it was Ricky’s number. I heard Chunji’s mischievous chuckle on the other end of the line. “That’s your pet name for him?”

“Oh shut up, what are you doing on Ricky’s phone?”

“Don’t kill the messenger”, he replied, “I’m simply calling to let you know that we’ve invited you to our dorm this weekend. We’ll pick you up after work then you can stay for the night if you want.”

 

*Mung Mung meaning Puppy in Korean/ the sound a Puppy makes in Korean

“Oh well yeah I’d love that… I haven’t seen any of you for a long time… but where’s Ricky? Why isn’t he calling me?”

“He’s too busy being restrained in the TV room... oh crap he escaped, gotta go! Bye!”

“Wait!”, I called out to the nothing on the other end.

Seriously what the hell was going on? I’d make sure to find out tomorrow night.

The following night as per usual I finished at five and waited outside the company building for the guys to pick me up. After not too long C.A.P hyung arrived with his car, a purple haired L.Joe sitting next to him. “Hey” I greeted as I climbed in. “Where are the others?”

“Hey, they’re at the dorm.”

I practically jumped out of the car and ran up the stairs when we arrived at the dorm. No matter how weird Ricky had been acting these past few days I had missed him. His warm, happy, loving face I sighed as I opened up the door. I awaited the usual greeting of the exuberant Ricky, bounding into my arms the second I stepped through the door, but instead it was Niel who pounced on me with open arms. “Summer!”, he cried out hugging me. Chunji was on the couch, resting his head against the back of it and greeted me with a smirk. I, jokingly, at first gave him a suspicious glare, but smiled warmly when he laughed. I searched around the room for Ricky. “He’s in his room”, C.A.P explained.

“Ricky! Summer’s here!”, L.Joe called out. He took his time but finally slinked out of his room and to the couch where I was waiting. “Hi”, he said looking down. He made no approach to greet me properly or even look me in the eyes. He was shy. Why would he be shy? This was nothing new to him, I practically stayed here every weekend.

“What’s going on?”, I asked in a slightly irritated voice. I wasn’t the type who liked to be in the dark for a long time. I an extremely curious person and patients isn’t exactly one of my virtues.

“Nothing… it’s really nothing”, Ricky said finally showing a bit of his old self when he took my hand in his and rubbed his thumb soothingly against it. He still wouldn’t look at me though.

“Why look at the time! Weekly Idol starts in five minutes! Don’t want to miss our episode now do we?”, Chunji said winking at me and hurrying to get the remote. I knew he was on to something, but what would it have to do with Weekly Idol? Wait...Ricky had been acting strange since last week exactly after they aired in the show Thursday. Everyone quickly huddled closer around the TV as Defcon and Connie appeared on the screen doing their opening and calling Teen Top in. As irritated and suspicious as I was, I seemed to forget about it when the show started. Defcon and Connie were brilliant mc’s and as always the show was hilarious even more so now that it was Teen Top. It was strange seeing them on the TV and then looking over next to me to see them sitting there like normal guys. The guys on TV I actually knew, I was friends with them. I sighed, one was even my boyfriend. Naturally I paid special attention to him, watching him more closely than the others. I smiled as I watched him dance for the Random Dance corner of the show. He looked so good.

 

He heard my sigh and turned to look at me his head tilting to the side in curiosity. I simply smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the check. He blushed and looked away, but I could see him smiling to himself as he looked down. I turned my attention back to the TV. Ah the profile rewriting. When they reached Ricky’s profile Connie immediately gave a devilish grin.

“So Ricky… last time you were here your ideal type girl was Miss A’s Suzy, right? Any chnges?”

Ricky gulped staring wide eyed back at him.”Uhmm..”

“Yeah Ricky anything change?”, Chunji asked pointedly. He looked around at all the members next to him for help, but they only curiously looked back a small smile playing across their lips.

“Uhmm… yeah its changed.. uhm I’m..I’m more into dancers now..”

“oh… so Miss A’s dancer then?”

“ah aniya… a other dancer..”, Ricky said turning red.

I clutched the bowl of popcorn I had in my lap tighter, realizing what was happening or what was about to happen anyway.

“Ricky ya are you blushing?”, Defcon asked in a shocked voice.

Ricky quickly shook his head earning a suspicious look from Connie.

“So from which group is she then?”

Ricky nervously shifted around in his seat and avoided any eye contact with the mc’s. He gave his hyungs a pleading look.

“mmm.. secretive are we? That’s fine we’ll just turn to Teen Top’s secret teller. Why Chunji  can you happen to tell us?”

Chunji was more than happy to help. “Yes, yes!”,he said eagerly a huge grin on his face.

“Hyung no don’t!”, Ricky exclaimed trying to be serious.

“ah Ricky ya why are you being so secretive huh? You know you can tell us anything. You can trust us” Connie slinked over to Ricky side and started to rub his shoulders, trying to play nice with him.

Ricky only continued to shake his head clearly trying to suppress his laughter at the evil mc’s.

“Why won’t you tell us Ricky?”, Connie whispered next to Ricky’s head.

Connie started applying more pressure to Ricky’s shoulders making him yelp out.

“Ah! Okay wait, wait! “

“Yes?”, Connie asked grinning mischievously.

“She isn’t in a group… she’s a dancer for a company.”

“Oh so you must have seen this dancer multiple times then to recognize her. Is she from a well known company then?”

“Oh very well known! A famous company”, Chunji suddenly blurted clearly enjoying helping Connie out with his evil mission.

“I see you live up to your expectations Secret Teller”, Connie said grinning at Chunji and shaking his hand.

“Ah thank you thank you”, Chunji said.

“So which company would that be then?”

Before Ricky could say anything Chunji spoke up again.

“What’s the name of that company that has that y 6 member group and that awesome comeback song Miss Right?”, Chunji said pointedly

Connie gasped in shock turning so he could look at Ricky, while the other Teen Top members laughed hysterically at Ricky who by now looked completely defeated with his head on his knees.

“Ricky ya! So you know this girl? You see her all the time at the company then don’t you?”, Connie asked excitedly

“Aniya I mostly see her weekends.”

He gasped suddenly his hands clasping his mouth shut when he realized what he had said.

“Ah!”, Connie shrieked jumping around excitedly. “So you’re close?”

Changjo, Chunji and Niel snickered, capturing Connie’s attention. “Tell me too!”, Connie said turning to them.

“Oh they’re very close”, Changjo said with a grin.

“Stop it!”, Ricky shrieked throwing a cute tantrum and stomping his feet.

“Oh my dear Ricky I know it’s hard to confess”, Connie said ushering Ricky back to his seat and returning to his previous shoulder massage.

“So does she know you like her?”, Connie asked again, his burning curiosity clear on his face. Ricky could do nothing but laugh at the mc’s persistent questions. He lifted his face again from his knees, an exasperated look on his face. He knew he was driven into a corner he couldn’t back out from.

“yes, she knows.”, Ricky said finally, giggling at Connie’s shocked expression.

Connie jumped around him and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him. “Ricky ya don’t tell me you’re dating this girl?!”, Connie nearly shrieked from excitement.

Ricky turned bright red and looked down, a small smile playing on his lips. “Y..yes huyng.”

Connie and Defcon erupted into a chorus of shrill screaming while practically smothering Ricky in their arms as they jumped up and down like little kids. The rest of Teen Top joined in dancing around Ricky and the mc’s and began singing a familiar melody.

“Ricky and Summer sitting in a tree…”, they chanted in circles.

“Argh”, I groaned remembering the first time they sang that to us in the kitchen. Ricky giggled next to me on the couch and took my hand in his kissing it lightly. I turned to smile at him, feeling the world around me disappear as I gazed into his eyes and got pulled into a whole other world inside them.

“You’re missing the best part!”, Chunji shouted snapping both of us back to reality. We turned back to the TV, a light blush on both of our cheeks.

“Oh her name is Summer?”, Connie asked when everyone had calmed down and went back to their seats. “Ricky ya send her a message!”, Connie said before Ricky could reply.

“Ah aniya”, Ricky said quickly, nervously the rings on his fingers.

Connie mock gasped. “Ricky you have to! She’s your girlfriend… tell her you love her.”, Connie said with a devilish grin.

Ricky gasped then, suddenly looking up with worried eyes at his fellow members.

“Go on Ricky say: Summer I love you”, Connie urged.

Ricky started to blush a dark red and he opened and closed his mouth several times before he started with a shaky voice.

I gasped, still sitting with my hand in Ricky’s and quickly glanced his way. He wouldn’t meet my eyes and tried to shift away from. Was he really going to say this? My heart raced, thrumming in my ears and I felt the extreme nervousness and anticipation crawl up my stomach.

“Noona…”, Ricky began slowly. “Mung Mung really loves you”, he said in the most adorable voice I had ever heard, with his eyes looming out from his lashes and a small nervous smile on his lips.

I squealed jumping up and onto the couch. My hand pulled from his, to cover my much enjoyed shocked face. Connie, Defcon and the rest of Teen Top broke out into a similar squeal chorus. Ricky on the other hand had buried his face in his hands and went to go sit in the corner, faced away from the cameras. He was beyond embarrassed and pure worry was clear on his face. No wonder he had been acting so strange! He had to wait the entire week to know what my reaction would be, all the time worrying that I wouldn’t want to say it back or that I would say it’s too early.

I turned to him, flopping back down on the couch. I noticed the others members had skilfully disappeared giving us some privacy. He still avoided my gaze, turning his face away from mine on purpose. I turned his head to mine, but he stubbornly kept it down. I forced his head up, but still eyes darted away. I let my hands fall into his lap and watched as he slowly his fingers along my wrist and palm. After almost a full five minutes of painful silence, he finally looked up at me with worry filled eyes. “I’m sorry...”, he began, his voice breaking. “I shouldn’t have done that”, he said looking down again and I could see his lashes were glistening.

I took his head in my hands and roughly pushed his head up to level mine. “Don’t you dare say sorry for telling me that you love me”, I said in a stern voice earning a confused look from him. I sighed, while he watched me closely. “Mung mung… do you know when I realized I love you?” I continued without waiting for an answer from him. “It was the night of our first date… when we were sleeping I woke up from your gasping. You were probably having a bad dream. I watched you and after a while you gasped again and whimpered my name. I whispered to you and you immediately calmed down. Watching you sleep, hearing my name, knowing you had dreamt about me it just made me want to hold you to me and literally never let go. I wanted to be with you so badly that it hurt. I was so afraid that I would open my eyes and you would be gone, but the next morning you were there, holding me. I remember feeling so amazed that you wanted me just as much I wanted you and that you seemed to care for me so deeply and somehow you needed me as desperately as I needed you.” I only realized the overwhelming emotion my speech had brought to me when tears fell onto my hands, and I noticed I was breathing in small, gasps of air. He looked up at me sharply, his eyes piercing into mine, while he watched tears silently roll down my cheeks.

Suddenly he started to laugh. A weak, shaky laugh that sounded like he was gasping for air. Tears welled up in his already dewy, dark eyes and it was my turn to be confused. “What are you crying for?”, I asked my voice still shaky from the emotion twining in my heart. Why would he laugh? I wiped at my own tears trying to rid the evidence of my emotion. He caught my hand and stopped me, clutching my hand in both of his own. Slowly he released my hand and cradled my head in his hands, making sure to catch my eyes. He leaned in all the while keeping my eyes with his and kissed the remaining tears off my cheeks. Slowly he kissed each one, his smooth lips brushing lightly against my skin. He his lips and pulled back to look into my eyes again. “I was so afraid you would push me away.”, he finally said the relief clear in his voice. Smiling he kissed me full on the lips and I tasted my own salty tears still evident on his lips. He lingered our kiss, his fingers brushing along my hairline tracing down my cheeks and along my jaw. “I love you”, I whispered to him, my lips against his. I clutched his head closer to mine, letting our lips meet again. Feverishly I let my fingers weave through his hair, tightening my grip on him to hold him even closer. My breathing hitched as he responded to my passionate kiss by letting his hands slide from my neck, all the while brushing his fingers lightly along my skin. Gliding along my shoulders and arms next, before he gripped my waist and let his hands move to the small of my back, pushing slightly. His little push caused me to move against him completely, our chests’ rising and falling together from our ragged breathing. My tongue glided against his lips, willing his to open up to mine. He opened our lips and I could feel his hot breath in my mouth before his tongue slowly glided in touching the tip of my own. Feeling his tongue touch mine sent an electrifying shiver down my spine making my whole body feel limb against his. It felt like each and every part of my exposed skin was touching and feeling his warm body. His hands were all the while searching along my body until he gripped me by my hips. Gasping for air I parted my lips from his, pulling his head back.

 We caught our breath, watching in silence until our chests’ slowed down. My burning, hungry eyes mirrored his, but we restrained ourselves from going too far. I was still recovering from our passionate kisses, my body and lips still tingling from his touch. A nervous, shaky laugh escaped my lips, breaking the silence. “We missed the rest of the show.” He smiled weaving his fingers through mine and letting his free hand brush along my cheek. “I love you Noona”, he said, the emotion breaking through his voice. He gave me an unbearably, sweet kiss on the lips and cuddled against me.

We heard shuffling from the other rooms, before five curious heads popped out from the hallway to look at me and Ricky on the couch questioningly. We both gave them warm smiles, inviting them to sit with us. Returning their welcoming smiles they rushed to us stretching out their arms in a huge group hug. I laughed basking in the warm glow I felt of the people I loved around me. Their warm embraces were something I could never forget. Nor the feeling of complete happiness as I watched my family around me, laughing together.