A Summer's Kiss

Once upon a Summer day

A/N: Eeeaapp one of my fave parts(^_^) its soo cute and Ricky is just so freakin adorable and I can just imagine him being like this and dgheghujelasj

 

The next morning I rolled around on the soft surface underneath me. I finally sat up, yawning and saw that the comfortable surface had been Ricky’s stomach. I sat confused staring at him for a while. I couldn’t even remember that I had spent the night on the couch. We must have fallen asleep together last night while talking. I looked down at myself. I still had my dress and make up on. Ugh I felt uncomfortable and grimy. I got up from the couch to take a shower. Ricky was still sleeping, lightly snoring with a open mouth. I smiled, watching him slowly breathe in and out. I probably couldn’t leave him like that. I moved him from a sitting position so he could lie down where I had slept previously and got a blanket from my dorm to put over him. When I had just tucked him in and was about to walk to the showers, Niel appeared from his dorm. He had obviously just woken up himself. He was in a daze, his hair in frizzy waves around his head. He was staring at me leaning over Ricky’s sleeping form with a shocked expression. “Morning… he fell asleep on the couch so I just put a blanket over him..”, I explained clearing his confused face. “oh…morning”, he said. He was making his way to the kitchen when he suddenly froze and turned to look at me. “Wait why are you still in your dress then?”

“Uhmm I kinda fell asleep with him on the couch.”, I said shyly. He laughed walking to the couch and bending down to Ricky’s face. “Im gonna go shower”, I said to Niel. “Sure.” Before I turned the corner to my dorm I saw Niel lowering his head to Ricky’s before biting him on his head. Shower time meant thinking time to me and I once again replayed last night in my head. I smiled when I came to the end of the night with me and Ricky on the couch. I could remember that he never answered my question, but I knew the answer anyways. I pondered on how close we had gotten in these past three days. It was truly great though and we have the most amazing time together. He might already be awake I thought. I hurried to get finished, not even stopping to wonder why the thought of seeing him again, made me so excited.

I giggled when I thought that maybe I was really experiencing those withdrawal symptoms he had warned me about. I bounded down the hallway to the TV room to find Ricky on the couch, in a fresh change of clothes downing the milk from his cereal straight from the bowl. I sprang on the couch and plopped down, cross legged facing him. He turned to face me and tried to say something with his mouth full of milk and instead only made squirming sounds until he swallowed. “Hey!”, he said finally, his face as bright as always. “Hey”, I greeted back warmly. “How did you sleep?”, I asked. “pretty good, except for my back.”

“Well I slept very comfortably”, I said giving him a playful grin. He grinned back leaning in towards me. “Comfortable nights are part of the package.”, he said winking. “And what else is part of the package?”, I asked wagging my eyebrows at him. He was just about to tell me when Changjo went flying over the couch and landed head first between us, causing Ricky’s cereal bowl to fling out of his hands and land on the three of us. There was milk and fruitloops everywhere. Mostly on Changjo though. Ricky was crying out in despair over his bowl of fruitloops, which turned out to be the only cereal he ate, as it was the last bit left in the box. Ricky ordered Changjo to go out in his pajamas and buy a new box for him. Changjo actually obeyed Ricky for once without the usual temper flare. I helped Ricky pick up the loops from the couch and floor. When all the loops were back in his bowl, he walked to the dustbin and looked down at the bowl. “Your death shall not be in vain.”, he said before throwing them out. \

Changjo had just put on his shoes and opened the door to go out to get the cereal when Andy was suddenly there hand in the air about to knock on the door. “Oh... Hi boys”, he greeted. It turned out Andy and the guys had a meeting together with 100% to discuss their schedule for the next couple of months. I was pretty excited to meet 100% after all I would be working with them too. We got ready, forgetting about our previous bickering and drove to the company. There was only time for a quick introductory before they went off to their meeting room leaving me and the girls to keep ourselves busy for the rest of the afternoon. Ricky pouted when he had to leave my side and as the others went inside he leaned in and whispered in my ear. “Don’t stray too far.” His breath tickled my ear. He turned to look back at me before he disappeared into the room. The girls and I decided to walk around the little shops on the block of the company. We had a nice time with only us girls, gossiping as we went from shop to shop. At around noon we stopped at a coffee shop to have lunch. The girls tried to pry answers out of me about me and Ricky that seemed so “cosy”. I couldn’t deny that I was closest to him from everyone in the group, but I hadn’t even thought of us as anything but friends. Then again where do you draw the line between friends and more than that when you kiss each other goodnight? “Summer” the girls voices brought me back to reality. I had went off in a daze after one of their questions. We finished our lunch then and I quickly changed the topic to who they were closest to in the group.

My mind was back to my own thoughts. I sighed, as usual I jumped to conclusions. I had a tendency to imagine things that weren’t there. Their question still made me wonder… what does he consider this? I chewed on my lip in frustration, I really couldn’t figure out how I felt. I gave up after a while telling myself it was too early to decide and the fact that we were colleagues highly complicated things. I simultaneously gathered my thoughts and things as we stood to walk back to the company. They still weren’t finished when we got back, so we sat around entertaining ourselves with the foosball table. Finally after another hour of waiting they noisily rushed through the door, all 13 of them with Andy trailing behind.  “Foooodd!”, the majority of them groaned. I could see they were all tired when they gathered around to get something to eat. We drove back to the dorm, dropping 100% off at their own, and most of the guys immediately went to their beds to sleep. Ricky tried to stay awake for my sake, sitting on the couch next to me, continuously yawning. “Okay enough of this”, I said to him when he could hardly keep his eyes open. I walked him to bed, tucking him in and kissing him on the forehead. He smiled when I kissed him and snuggled his duvet closer to himself. I walked out to the deserted TV room and lay on the couch, finally getting a chance to read again. Reading served as one of my many escapes from reality, taking me into a fantasy world. When it got late I retired to my room, to take a shower and get into my pj’s. I sat on my bed returning to my reading.

I woke up from an irritating feeling on my cheek. I opened my eyes to find my book over my face, scratching my cheek. I must have fallen asleep when I read. I had just put my book down when I heard a loud creak from the hallway. I froze my body tensing and my ears intensely listening into the silence. I heard shuffling and muffled whispering. My feet quietly touched the floor as I went to investigate. I hadn’t even walked two steps when Niel burst through the door armed with a pillow screaming like he was charging in for war upon me. The others were close behind him, pillows in their hands. I gasped from the sudden surprise falling back onto my bed. “Aaahhhh!!”, Niel screamed as he charged towards me, pillow in hand. I quickly grabbed my own pillow to defend myself with. The others guys were wreaking havoc in our room, waking the other girls as well and jumping up and down on our beds. The night quickly turned into a full scale pillow fight. We formed two teams of five each. Ricky was with me, naturally, as well as Changjo, L,joe and Minah. Strangely enough we were evenly matched. L.joe was like a little superman flying from bed to bed and taking the other team out with his heavy pillow. It was hard to fight when I laughing most of the time. Ricky and I stood back to back covering for each other. I took on Niel and Ricky, Chunji. C.A.P and Changjo were battling it out, but I felt sorry for Changjo who was writhing on the floor in pain from C.A.P’s attacks. I so badly wanted to go help him, but Niel was keeping me plenty busy, swiftly countering all my attacks. Chunji and Ricky were going at it for a while, but when Ricky suddenly cried out in pain behind me I quickly turned to see if he was okay and received a rather violent blow from Niel causing me to fall against the bunk bed. I hit my head on the side of the bed, only hearing the hard thump before everything slowly turned black.

My mind was groggy when I regained consciousness and before I could see anything I only heard everyone around me speaking in tense voices. Ricky’s voice verged between hysteric and enraged. I frowned… what was he so upset about? When I finally found my way back to my eyes and could open them, I saw Ricky and the others leaning over me in concern. “Summer!”, Ricky exclaimed, his voice full of worry. I had to ensure a thousand times over and over again that I was fine. There was only a little bump on my head and fainting was nothing new to me. Ricky finally calmed down, but he still sat with a scowl next to me refusing to join the fight again. “I’m really sorry”, Niel said to me, head bowed down. I laughed. “Really Niel I’m okay, you don’t have to worry… I’ll get my revenge on you later”, I warned him with evil grin. “I’ll take revenge for you!”, Ricky said suddenly, jumping up and grabbing his pillow. He wasn’t mad anymore, but his expression was still serious as he walked over to Niel and stood directly in front of him, blocking him off from me. “I challenge you to a duel!”

Niel shifted into a crouch, readying himself. “Duel accepted.”

They ran at each other, screaming as they went until their pillows hit each other’s faces. The others all stood clear of their way, turning the middle of the room into an arena, watching the duel before them. I cheered on Ricky with all my might, knowing the battle was more for him than me. How far men would go for their pride and ego’s, I thought. Niel then dogged one of Ricky’s attacks which caused Ricky to lose his balance and Niel to counter attack. It was a counter attack which Ricky couldn’t seem to recover from. He was on the floor, only having time to defend himself between Niel’s attacks. After it was clear that Ricky lost, Niel stopped, stepping away. “Truce?”, he then asked sticking his hand out to Ricky who was staring at him from behind his pillow. Ricky gave him a smile after a while. “Fine”, Ricky said, pulling the pillow over his face.

The others turned back to their own fights then and I crawled over to Ricky who still lay defeated on the ground. I pried the pillow out of his hands to see his face. He groaned trying to hide his face and then proceeded to bury his face against my arm. I laughed, his hair as he mock cried.  “I couldn’t take revenge for you.”, he said. I giggled at how he took it to heart. “It doesn’t matter, you fought bravely, my knight”, I said grinning at him. He finally looked up from my arm, staring into my eyes. “Besides”, I whispered to him,” you can make it up to me later.”, I said giving him a wink. His usual playful grin appeared then and he turned to me with new interest. “I can think of one way”, he said pouting his lips at me and making kissing sounds. I playfully slapped his shoulder, shaking off my thoughts of earlier the afternoon and the fact that his invitation sounded appealing to me. Instead I leaned down cupping his face with my hand and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. He was surprised at first, giving a cute little gasp, before he turned silent with a self – satisfied smile on lips.

We sat next to each other on the floor in silence watching as the others wacked one another with their pillows, resuming their previous battles. The guys grew tired later on and they were sprawled out on the beds exhausted, gasping for air and only giving futile smacks with their pillows to the member next to them. Ricky and I were still sitting on the floor enjoying the entertainment before us. “Urgh”, Changjo grunted as one of Niel’s smacks made him roll off the bed and fall down to the floor. He crawled towards me and Ricky as a want of protection, not that it seemed like Niel was going to go after him anytime soon. He was on his stomach, yawning as he watched Changjo crawl away. Chunji and L.Joe were laying on one of the beds over each other in defeat. They looked like they were on the brink of falling asleep but when Changjo grunted Chunji opened one eye to inspect what was happening. He gave Changjo a “What the hell” expression when he crawled away and proceeded to take the half asleep L.Joe by his wrist and lead him out of the door. “We’re going to bed”, Chunji said before disappearing out of the door. C.A.P was already passed out on one of the top bunk beds and it was clear Niel was close to sleep as well.

I looked over at Ricky to see how he was doing. He was resting his chin on his knees and instead of the tired face I expected he stared off into the distance with a thoughtful expression. Without him taking notice I gathered my pillow in my hands and gave him a light, playful blow on the head. “Eeaak”, he cried as he fell over from his sitting position and rolled to the floor. He quickly grabbed his own pillow and counter attacked, hitting me on the side. I fell down next to him from his attack. We both laughed as we kept on with our little battle, rolling around on the floor. “Got you now”, he said as he grabbed my pillow from my hands and threw his weight down onto me. We landed back on the floor with him pinning me down. His one hand was beside my head, steadying himself from the fall and the other was clasped around my wrists so I couldn’t fight back. I froze underneath him, not that I could move if I wanted to, and my giggling stopped dead in its tracks.

He too was frozen, a shocked expression on his face. The silence continued on as we only stared at each other, our chests’ rising and falling from our ragged breathing. He was so incredibly close to me. I could feel his body pressing against me, his chest moving in sync with mine and his breath lightly blew on my face. His head was hovering just above mine and his face went from shocked to serious. He his lips, oblivious to what that little habit of his did to me. He leaned down slowly in concentration until his lips were finally touching mine. He kissed me so tentatively, his soft lips barely touching mine. He let his forehead rest against mine our noses touching. He slowly moved his nose up and down tracing along mine. My heart was racing causing my blood to course through my veins to my lifeless limbs at my side. Now it felt like they were on fire… but in a good way. I so badly wanted to pull his lips back to mine and kiss him back, but he was still restraining my hands and I could only lay helpless underneath him. He gazed into my eyes for a long time before he leaned in again and finally brought his lips back to mine. His soft lips pressed down harder onto my mouth as he kissed me again this time more passionate than sweet. My heart melted at his kiss. I was gasping for air after only a couple of seconds and his breathing raced as well. He finally loosened his grip on my wrists releasing me… not that I would have wanted to go anywhere else. His hand moved from my wrists to my fingers as he weaved his fingers through my own. While my one hand was entwined with his I let my other brush against his face finally fulfilling my fantasies of cradling his face, weaving my fingers through his spiky hair and letting my fingertips glide along his smooth lips. I cupped the side of his face, letting my hand rest on his cheek. He smiled sweetly at my touch and kissed me again.

He watched me, watching him, his eyes sparkling as he looked down at me. “I was right”, he said, his expression something between smug, thoughtful and amazed. “About what?”

“I warned you that you would fall for me.” I laughed remembering what he had told me the first night, on the couch.  It already felt like a long time ago… I would never have guessed that the weekend would turn out like this. Niel suddenly moved, sitting up and stretching. Ricky and I both gasped when we realized Niel had been there the whole time. Ricky immediately rolled off me and onto his back, landing next to me. We watched Niel yawn as he stood up from the bed, rubbing his eyes. “Night guys.”, he said and walked out. Ricky and I shared a relieved glance when we realized he hadn’t seen anything. We relaxed when we were alone again – expect for the fast asleep C.A.P – and I rolled onto my side so I could look at him. He smiled sweetly at me and took one of my hands, resting it on his stomach. We were silent, only enjoying the feeling of our joined hands. “Ricky!”, C.A.P suddenly screamed. “Why aren’t you in bed? We have practice in the morning! And the girls too.”

Ricky jumped up in surprise tearing his hand from mine. His face was clearly frightened at the bewildered C.A.P who climbed off the bed and dragged Ricky out of the room by his ear. “Ow ow ow! Wait, Summer!”

I reached for him grabbing his hand as he tried to grasp mine as well, but C.A.P was quicker and pulled him out of the room. “See you in the morning Summer.”, C.A.P called as if nothing had happened. “C.A.P hyung!” I heard Ricky whine as they went down the hallway to their room. The dorm grew completely silent then. I knew it was already late and I had to start working tomorrow, but I found it impossible to sleep. My mind raced for hours on end thinking about what had happened and how we were going to go about it. Our work complicated things greatly and I was lost for a solution. My mind would drift off to thoughts about Ricky and I relived our kisses over and over in my head. I silently squealed, rolling around in my bed. I freaked out, squirming underneath my duvet. I couldn’t stop smiling either and to think he was only a couple of steps away from my bed… I could so easily sneak into his room and… my mind ran away with crazy thoughts, but I somehow contained myself and stayed in my bed. I only fell asleep after 3am, falling into a labyrinth of confusing dreams.