Friends

All is Fair in Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re back. How was the show?” Mino asked as Seungyoon stepped into their dorm living room. The rapper was on the couch with Taehyun, dressed in their pajamas and wolfing down pizza and chicken as they watched something on TV. Judging by the gunfight sounds, it seemed Taehyun won their usual battle for the remote control because they were watching an action movie instead of a drama – which believe it or not, Mino preferred.

It was almost midnight, and Seungyoon was ready to collapse. “Where are Jinwoo hyung and Hoonie hyung?” Seungyoon asked, ignoring Mino’s question. He wasn’t sure how to answer him.

“Jinwoo hyung is sleeping. Hoonie hyung is out with some friends. He said he’ll be home around 1 AM.”

“You look terrible,” Taehyun said blankly, it almost sounded like an insult.

Seungyoon just plopped himself on the single couch and sighed. He leaned back against the soft cushion and reveled in the comfort it brought to his weak body. He was honestly feeling a little under the weather since their plane landed earlier, but he couldn’t miss music night at the cafe. He thought a little music would soothe whatever he felt, but he ended up feeling worse. He’s sure he has fever at this point, and he hasn’t slept in almost three days. He tried to get some shuteye on the plane, but he had the misfortune of sitting next to Mino who wouldn’t shut up.

“Ya, are you okay?” Mino stood up and walked over to where he was.

Seungyoon wanted to reply, but moving his mouth took effort and his muscles just wouldn’t budge. He spent every last ounce of energy back at the cafe. Not to mention, getting unnecessarily riled up by that girl. He grimaced at the thought and shifted slightly on the couch when Mino held up his hand against his forehead.

“Dammit, Seungyoon, you’re burning!” Mino exclaimed. Taehyun also rose from the couch and looked down at Seungyoon with concern.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to overdo it?” Taehyun clucked his tongue. Seungyoon groaned. Often, their maknae really acted like the oldest among them. Sometimes, he found it cute, but other times, he can really be a drag. He had a knack for nagging – almost as much as Seungyoon.

Taehyun bent down and touched the back of his palm on one of Seungyoon’s cheeks. “I’m surprised you got home by yourself in that state,” he shook his head and turned to Mino. “Good thing I have some medicine in my room. Can you get him to his bed, hyung? Remove his clothes and leave just his wife beater and boxers on. The more he’s bundled up, the more they trap the heat in his body. I’ll lower the dorm’s heater. Oh, and grab a small towel and put some cold water in a basin. We need to cool his body down so we have to give him a sponge bath. Hopefully, his temperature dips in a few hours.”

Mino stared at Taehyun for a few silent seconds. “It’s creepy how much you know about these stuff, Taehyun-ah.”

The maknae rolled his eyes. “I have to know these things because I live with a bunch of guys who don’t know squat.”

Mino looked like he was about to complain, but just grinned cheekily. “Hehe. I can’t even deny that.”

“No sponge bath,” Seungyoon managed to utter despite his state. He didn’t like the idea of either Taehyun or Mino touching him everywhere. Especially Mino.

Taehyun covered Seungyoon’s mouth with his hand. “You can’t talk, hyung. You have to save your energy to recover faster.”

“I didn’t know someone with fever can’t talk.”

Taehyun leaned closer to Mino and whispered. “No, I just want him to shut up. By the way, you’re giving him the sponge bath.”

“I heard that,” Seungyoon grumbled after swatting Taehyun’s hand away. He struggled to get up from the sofa, but Mino and Taehyun moved to support him. “I’ll just sleep in the room. That ought to do it.”

“You have to at least take some medicine,” Taehyun argued as they entered his room with Seungyoon’s arms draped over each of their shoulders. “And we’ll just put a towel on your forehead if you’re so against Mino hyung giving you a sponge bath.”

“I’m against it completely,” Seungyoon mumbled.

“Pfft. You’re not pretty enough for me to want to bathe you,” Mino scoffed, putting Seungyoon down so he could sit on the bed. Seungyoon immediately leaned back and sprawled. He truly felt like death right now. His head was starting to ache, and all he wanted to do was curl up and not wake up for a week.

Taehyun scrunched his nose in disgust at Mino. “You say the most inappropriate things, hyung.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re a diva?” Mino scowled.

“Are you still mad that I beat you to the TV? Practice thumb wrestling if you want to beat me. And for the last time, I’m not watching that damn drama!”

“BUT KIM TAN WAS GOING TO KISS CHA EUN SANG TODAY!”

“Guys, you’re making my fever worse,” Seungyoon croaked, wincing at the two’s exchange. Sometimes, he really hated s.

“Oops, sorry Seungyoonie,” Mino apologized and glared at Taehyun. “You just rest. Don’t worry about the rehearsals tomorrow. I’ll tell Jae hyung you’re sick, and I’m sure Hoonie hyung can take over.”

Seungyoon just nodded and turned to his side. “Now please go away.”

“I’ll be back to give you the medicine. Don’t sleep just yet!” Taehyun dashed out the room, with Mino following him.

Seungyoon took a deep breath, basking in the silence. Now he can finally rest. He was about to shut his eyes when a guttural sound made him flinch. When he turned to the other side, he saw Jinwoo’s sleeping figure under a blanket. Another loud snore came out of him, making Seungyoon cover his head with a pillow. I can’t catch a break today, he thought.

He waited for Taehyun to come back, and oddly, something popped in his head. She was close to crying, wasn’t she? At least it looked like it. He pushed the thought away as soon as Taehyun came striding in with a glass of water in his hand.

“Maybe you should get checked up tomorrow,” he said as he helped Seungyoon up from the bed.

“I’m not dying,” he uttered after popping the pill in his mouth and taking a sip of water.

“You look like you are,” Taehyun retorted. “How do you expect to take care of this group if you can’t even take care of yourself?”

Seungyoon raised a knuckle and hit Taehyun’s forehead lightly. “You’ve reached your nagging quota today, know-it-all.”

Taehyun smiled as he helped tug Seungyoon’s jacket off. “Just scream if you need something.”

“What? You’re going to come running to help me? That’s unlike you.”

“Ani. Jinwoo hyung is going to wake up and then it’s his turn to deal with your stubborn ,” Taehyun stood up and walked to the door. As soon as he opened it, Mino’s head peered into view. “Ya, Kang Seungyoon. You better feel okay tomorrow or I’ll take over the group again!” Taehyun pushed the older boy’s head out with a hand. “Good night,” Taehyun said, turning the lights off and shutting the door.

Seungyoon sighed as he heard a muffled voices behind the door and figured the two resumed their earlier banter, while Jinwoo’s soft snores filled their room. Seungyoon felt like , but aside from his family, he couldn’t think of better people around to feel like with, than his sometimes idiotic yet strangely charming members.

 

 

 

There wasn’t anything special about this particular Monday, and for the most part, Hana knew what to expect. She’ll walk into the campus, get ignored, go to her classes, speak not a single word to anyone, offer no smiles, come out of the campus and head straight to the cafe. Just like every day.

But for some strange reason, Hana had been slightly looking forward to going to school that morning. It wasn’t out of excitement – oh God, not at all – but mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter