Chapter 4

Connected with a red string

 

When I was released from the hospital, I lived in their hotel. It was awkward, of course, but they were so nice to me. Why wouldn’t they? They almost killed me.

                They all took care of me like a little sister. Sunggyu sings me lullabies to sleep,  Woohyun cooks delicious food for me, Dongwoo always makes me laugh, Howon always entertains me,  Sungyeol is more like a younger brother (because of his childish antics) and Sungjong’s like my best friend. On the other hand, Myungsoo always ignores me. I don’t know the reason but he barely talk and have always avoided eye contact with me.

                I once talked to Sungjong about this, and he just laughed at me. “ Myungsoo Hyung is like a Pineapple, Hard on the outside but sweet in the inside”, is what he said. But for me, He’s like a cryptex I’ve been trying to solve but I just can’t.

                There came a time when the other 6 has to go back to South Korea and only Myungsoo and I was alone in the hotel. They said they were only Japan for a vacation and that Myungsoo wants to stay in Japan for a little while.

                Sungjong has always been my roommate, and being alone with a person like Myungsoo is quite scary. He always has the awkward glare like he’s going to kill me, so I close my eyes whenever I see him. He never talks, and for a person who talks a lot, I feel like I’m tortured.