Blur

Connected with a red string

 

I woke up in some room with a cloud of confusion in my mind.  The room was well lit but everything’s a blur for me. All  I can see was 7 distorted figures of guys wearing different colors of clothes. I squinted my eyes, and asked “Where am I?”

                “Japan”, the guy wearing a white shirt answered, but I barely understood.

                I looked around, dumbfounded and asked another question.

                “Who are you?”, I asked.

                They were looking at each other, like they don’t know how to answer.

                “What…are...your…names…?” I repeated, emphasizing every word but still they didn’t answer.

                “Wait! Who am I?”, I asked, feeling stupid that I don’t even know my own name.

                They were saying something I couldn’t understand. They must’ve been telling me what happened.

“Shh! “ I hissed, “I can’t understand any of you!”

Apparently, they can’t understand me too.

The guy in purple walked towards the bedside table and grabbed a handbag. He took a book from it and tried translating everything to me which made it a little less hard.

While trying hard to understand each other, the guy wearing a white shirt’s phone rang and he answered it, going outside the room.

I rested, my eyes closed and I heard someone opened the door, muttering words in another language. I opened my left eye, trying to eavesdrop but I don’t understand anything. All I know is that the guy who just came were scolding the others. I slept again.

When I woke once again they were staring at me, and were excited to see me open my eyes. The guy wearing green was holding the book now, and said “What is your name?”

I raised my elbows, gesturing ‘I don’t know’

“Ashley?”, The guy in red said

I shook my head and realized what they are doing. They were mentioning different names to me so that I can remember mine, genius.

“Anna?”, the guy in pink said.

I shook my head again.

“Angela?”, the guy in yellow said.

I paused, thinking that it somehow rings a bell. They smiled, thinking it’s my name but I shook my head again.

“Julia”, the guy in black said, sounding like he’s so sure of himself.

The guy in pink shouted at him, but I paused and said. “Julia!”,

“What?”, all of the asked.

“That’s my name!”, I said.

The guy in yellow shook the guy in black’s hand, smiling.

When I remembered mu name, memories flashed back at me. I suddenly remembered my birthday (July 14,1994), my home address, my parent’s name and that I’m the only child.

“Thank you so much! But what are your names?” I asked.              

                They were looking at each other again but the one in white spoke first and the others followed.

                “I’m Sunggyu!”, he said.

                “Hello! I’m Dongwoo!”, the guy in green said.

                “My name is Woohyun,” the guy in red said.

                “Lee Howon”, the guy in purple said

                “I am Sungyeol”, the guy in pink said.

                “Myungsoo”, the one in black said.

                “Hi! My name is Sungjong!”, the guy in yellow said

                I looked closely at them. I could’ve sworn they look familiar, I knew I’ve seen them before but they denied it, saying it’s their first meeting and that they’re with her to regain her memory.

                With almost all my memory lost, learning a new language was quite easy for me. They taught me how to speak Korean (with the help of the book in the bag entitled English-Korean: Korean-English ), and I taught them how to speak a little English. Soon enough, Language wasn’t a barrier anymore, We understood each other.