Costumes, Costumes, And More Costumes

Scared Are We?

Halloween. It was finally your favorite time of the year. Scary monsters. Creepy abandoned houses. Pulling pranks on your friends. Plus you could never go wrong with a nice mug of hot apple cider after all your adventures out in the cold.

This year, however, was different though. You not only had your best friend Victoria; you now had a boyfriend to spend it with, plus his massive group of friends. I mean come on. 12 boys who live together? That’s a bit insane. Isn’t it?

You had spent the earlier part of the day with one of those boys named Chen and Victoria. The three of you went to all the Halloween stores you could find in town to buy everyone costumes for the party you were all going to attend later in the evening. Now you were just making your way back to their place with all the bags.

“Do you think they’re gonna like what we picked out for them Jongdae?” you asked in all seriousness.

“What do you mean what ‘we’ picked? You two did all the shopping! I specifically remember you both dragging me out of the house this morning saying that you’re only taking me to help carry the bags. And by help carry the bags you brats meant ALL the bags seeing as you only have like two bags each and- Ouch! Would you stop making me your punching bag Victoria!”

“Then quit mouthing off you idiot. I wouldn’t have to hit you if you just- Why did you just flick me?! Unnie he just flicked me!” Victoria and Chen started swatting at each other while trying not to drop any of the bags.

Aish. This again really? “Now children. Calm down. We mustn’t act like this in-“ your words came to halt as did your steps when you noticed an abandoned looking house to your right. Well as abandoned as you can get with people hustling around inside and out with decorating the place. I bet they're making this a haunted house for tonight. I should go check if that's what they're really doing here. You suddenly make a turn and head off across the street to go talk to one of the people in the front yard.

“Kahla why did you stop tal- Kahla? Kahla! Where are you going?” Chen yelled after he noticed you  were talking to some stranger. “What the hell woman! You can’t just go off on your own like that. What if something happened to you? Luhan would have my you know!”

“Oh shush Jongdae. Nothing happened so you’ll be fine.” You looked at Victoria with a grin and then looked over towards the house you just came from.

“No way. They’re making it a haunted house?! We should totally go with the guys before we go to that party tonight!” she started jumping up and down.

Chen just looked from you to Victoria and then back again. “How did you get all that from just a look? Are you two some weird alien mutants who- Ouch! Maknae stop pinching me!”

You just look at them as if they’re the aliens here. Thinking that you giggle and then start to walk in the direction you were heading in before you found the best idea of the night.

“Hey, yo wait for us Kahla!”

“Unnie, don’t leave me with this idiot!”

“Uhm, excuse yourself maknae. I am not a- STOP PINCHING ME.”

* * *

“We’re back! Where is oppa?!” Victoria yelled, bursting through the front door.

“Which one maknae? We’re all your oppa’s if you didn’t remember.” Kris spoke as he came in through the kitchen door.

She gave him one of her ‘I’m not stupid’ looks, “Tao oppa! Where are you? I got you a present!” she shouted. A loud bang was heard from the back of the house and not far behind that came the wushu boy, scurrying towards his girlfriend and the bag she held out. Not a word was uttered before he grabbed the bag and took off back towards his room. A few seconds later he came back, picked Victoria up, and then headed back to his destination.

“That boy almost had a beating coming towards him” Kris muttered.

“Again.” Everyone who was in the room echoed.

“Dongsaeng! What did you get me and Chanyeol? Are we gonna like it? Are we superheros?!

Oh, what about cowboys! Or maybe-” Baekhyun was just a bundle of energy today.

Not for long boy.You thought as you drowned his voice out while holding out a bag. “Everything in that bag is for you two.” You glanced at Chen who was already snickering over on the couch. Turning back to Baekhyun you see he wanted some more information on who’s outfit would be who’s, “You’ll know which one belongs to who when you get them out. Now scram boy.”

You walk over to Kris and hand him a bag. “I have a feeling I already know what you got for me.” He sighed and walked off towards his room to change.

Everyone else came up to you, got their bags, and then headed off to get changed. Chen threw a smirk over his shoulder before he left the room and you smirked right back. These boys might hate you before we even leave Kahla. Well done my girl. Well done. 

* * *

“Kahla!” you could hear Baekhyun whine from the room he was in. “Kahla come here now!”

Chen bursts into one of his insane cackling fits of laughter, falling onto the floor in the process. Everyone but the three who got the costumes just stared at him like he’d grown horns. Well maybe that wasn’t a good analogy to use considering he was sporting a pair of horns on his noggin. He wanted to be Hellboy for some unknown reason this year.

All 14 of you had your costumes on at this point. You and Luhan were Trojans, Andromache and Hector of Troy to be exact. You had wanted to be Spartans but Luhan just wouldn’t go if he was basically , so you compromised with these characters instead. Tao and Victoria were cute little kitties, she even took the liberty of drawing on a nose and whiskers on their faces to complete the look; Chen was Hellboy; Suho was dressed as Eminem; you put Kris into a suit that had the print of the galaxy; you dressed Xiumin up as Poseidon since he told you he wanted to meet mermaids; Yixing was sporting a unicorn horn and was dressed in white. He wanted to carry glitter around with him so you secretly gave him a pouch and told him it was fairy dust; Sehun came out in a uniform that the waiters and waitresses at bubble tea shops wear, you had let him pick his own costume after he begged and bribed you with some pocky; Victoria’s gift to Jongin was to turn him into a puppy; Kyungsoo didn’t want to dress up as anything because he said this whole thing was childish. You snuck up behind him and slipped a pair of devil horns onto his head. He just looked at you sighed, but left the horns where you had placed them.

Now we just had the BaekYeol duo to wait on. And those two boys had just locked themselves in their room. “Kahla!” you heard Baekhyun yell your name again along with some whining that could only be coming from Chanyeol who was being held hostage.

“Yeah. Yeah. I’m coming Bacon!” you glanced at the boys and gave them a look that said to just work with you for a bit longer before walking in the direction of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room. “You called?” The door was ripped open, two hands shot out of the opening and you were dragged inside.

“Dongsaeng! How could you get this as my outfit?! What did I do to you to deserve this humiliation?” Baekhyun fiercely whispered, not wanting any of the boys to hear. They were probably right outside that door with their ears pressed against the door.

“Aww come on Baek, I think you look hot.” You said, giving Chanyeol a wink. A muffled ‘she thinks who’s hot?!’ came from the other side of the door. Aish, I knew they'd all be out there. They better keep that boy contained.

“You dressed me up as a freaking woman Kahla! This is not hot!” Baekhyun yelled.

“Well I think you’re hot too. Ya know, for a dude.” Chanyeol said before getting slapped by Baekhyun who now had a slight blush on his cheeks.

“Yah, Yeollie. Don’t say that.” Baekhyun murmured. He looked up to you and saw the look on your face. “You’re not letting me change out of this are you?” in reply you just shook your head once. “Ugh, fine. But you own me some new eyeliner for this girl.”

You skipped up to Baekhyun and gave him a hug, “I know I do oppa. You’re the best!” Pulling away you went to open the door and ushered everyone outside. Luhan grabbed onto your waist because and walked behind you. He was still jealous of you calling someone else hot, even though it was in a joking manner. Not that he’d ever listen if you told him that.

“Hey wait! We wanna see Baek. Show us Baek!” they started to protest.

“Calm down you pabos. The fabulous Hyuna has now arrived.” You look behind you to find that Baekhyun had put on the wig as well.

You grinned at him and gave a whistle. “Ow, ow! Someone’s lookin’ hot tonight!” The hand your waist tightened a bit and you just shook your head at your boyfriends’ ways.

“Aye, back off. She’s my woman tonight.” Chanyeol had come up behind Baekhyun and slid his arm around his, well her, waist and gave me a wink. ‘Thank you’ he mouthed to you. You dipped your head in acknowledgment. Yours and Chanyeol’s scheme to get Baek in a dress worked thanks to your idea of dressing them as the duo TroubleMaker. You were a genius really.

“Can we go to this freaking party now so I can come home and clean my kitchen?” Kyungsoo asked in bored tone.

“Yes we can go to the party now.” Your eyes found Victoria’s and you both grinned, “But first we’re gonna make a little pit stop.” You linked your arm with hers and started leading the boys to their destination.

“Do I seriously have to walk all night in these damn heels you guys?”

“I could always carry you Baek.” Chanyeol suggested.

“Yah, I-I’ll just walk…” Baekhyun replied. If you looked back at the two you’d see Baekhyun looking towards the ground with another blush across his face.