Chapter 15: History repeating itself?

Falling for a Misfit

Seohyun’s PoV

 

 

My hearts been pounding heart against my chest the moment I laid my eyes on Kai while Luhan held my hands tighter. As if not wanting to let go of me, I swallowed a cold lump in my throat as I took my hands away from Luhan’s

 

 

I smiled awkwardly as I gave Kai a hug. Well… I’m torn what do you expect me to do, after all he’s my real boyfriend and Luhan’s just a decoy. I felt his arms wrapping around me

 

 

 

“SO did you have fun… Best friend?” There was a slight pain in my chest when he emphasized the word best friend… It cause I always make him feel this way when right from the start he agreed to this kind of set up. I know he’s just protecting me from the public but not to the extent that… he would actually hurt himself… that’s like a total suicide

 

 

“Uh yeah… It was fun, Luhan made this happen… so… It’s really fun” I said unclasping from the hug, I looked back at Luhan whose expression is more subtle and weirder than mines… There’s something in his face that makes me wonder…. Does he know? Cause if he did… then it might be a total wreck.

 

 

The air was filled with silence, none of us were talking, just starring. I sighed breaking it apart. Luhan and Kai exchanged weird glances… It’s really weird, as if they wanted me to leave… Oh-kay.

 

 

 

“Uh hey, I think I’ll go look for my dad first I saw him in the bleachers outside, so why don’t you enjoy a little chat… ha ha” I turned around not looking at them. I ran back to the field… But then… I think I picked the wrong way. There were several reporters and a lot of camera’s flashing a picture of me.

 

 

 

Third Person’s PoV

 

 

“What the hell is your problem with me?!” As soon as Seohyun left the two of them Kai started throwing punches and jabs at him. Luhan tried to squirm but Kai was raging, he’s been waiting all evening for this to happen… To let his fist kiss Luhan’s face.

 

 

“Stop using her!” Kai shouted at the top of his lungs, but still not drawing any attention from the press. Luhan’s eyes bawled… he didn’t expected that Kai would actually know their little secret… on the contrary, how could he not, He’s her freaking best friend

 

 

“I-I… I am not using her… w-we both agreed to this set up, I can see that there’s no problem with her… and besides what is it to you? You’re just her best friend Kim Jongin… nothing more” his last phrase was dropped like a bomb. Kai in frustrations pushed him hard against the wall and threw another punch.

 

 

“Oh yeah? Then what do you say if I date your precious Yoona, My mom told me that her manager arranged some dates for me to get to know her more… Can you imagine that? Yoona wants me while you’re here trying to get her again…” Luhan was in an awe… he remembered what her manager/mother told her when they saw him in jeju

 

 

“I called Kai’s mom dear, as soon as your contract with seungi finishes you’ll start seeing him alright?”

 

 

Anger rose Luhan’s feelings. He took all his force to push kai away from him and so he did. He clenched his jaw the moment when Kai met the floor.

 

 

“Try dating her and I swear to god, I’ll make your best friend fall for me, and when she does, she’ll fall hard, to the extent that she’ll break her heart in the end” He went the other way exiting the building. Nothing’s permanent, you felt happy then all of a sudden, something happens… But still yours is the choice if you want to be happy or if you want to complicate things.

 

 

 

Luhan was over speeding but little did he care. He felt so berserk and everything, it was so subtle, he’s so confused about what he felt… When he was with seohyun he felt the butterflies gushing in his stomach but when Kai mentioned that he’ll be dating Yoona… it all faded, He’s happy when he’s with seohyun and yet little things that yoona does makes him can change everything.

 

 

 

His phone began ringing, Seohyun’s name popped up, but his mind was so busy to concentrate on anything right now. He stepped on the gas pedal and bit his lip hard as Yoona and seohyun’s smile popped up in his mind, blocking away his concentration in the road, the next thing he knew was there was a loud screech.

 

 

His car was sandwiched by a delivery truck, He was stuck inside his car as it went tumbling sideways.

 

 

LUHAN’S POV 

 

 

Sirens… I heard sirens as my car went tumbling sideways… Isn’t this déjà vu? I closed my eyes in terror remembering what happened before. Omma and appa are not in a good condition right now, I saw everything, the way she treated my mother was inhumane, Mother decided that we should stay here in korea for a while…. Just to let things pass out first.

 

 

I went to my grandma’s place without my mom knowing when we were in Korea… My mother’s also not in a good shape with my grandma so I went there to make amends. She was so glad to see me, even asked if my mother wants to see her, but I couldn’t give any answers.

 

 

It was past6 when I decided to walk back to the hotel, of course I don’t have any money with me cause mom doesn’t know that I went out while she’s with some of her friends.

 

 

The rain was heavy and I bet that cars could barely see the road. I’m getting wet already, I didn’t have any umbrella with me, just a plain old hoodie with a cat print at the back… Don’t ask, my mom bought it

 

 

I can already see the hotel from here… I was about to cross the road when a car tripped me, I was in terrible pain as my leg got twisted. I was screaming and shouting for help, the car continued to run, but it stopped, I saw a girl figure went out from the car and ran towards me. I can’t see her face vividly, I don’t know if it’s because of the heavy rain or was it because of the pain creeping inside of me.

 

 

“I-I… oh my god, kajima! Stay with me, you need to stay with me” She said, I know what she meant, I can’t lose my grip, I need to held tightly to myself, I can’t let my brain slow down…

 

 

“There’s too much blood, oh my god. MOM! Mom!! You need to help me! Mom!!” It was just seconds… the next thing I knew was… there was an explosion making me and the girl beside me to move back mile away because of the impact made by the collision of cars.

 

 

Her mom screamed her name as the car pieces was detached with the others, there was large fire… and everything was in slow motion. I looked at the girl beside me, she was lying sideways, I took her hand as a tear escaped my eye….

 

 

So her name was Yoon… or at least that’s what I heard. The ambulance came several minutes after. They assisted me first because I had more blood that she has. We were placed in a stretcher, our hands were still intertwined.

 

 

“Kajima…”  I managed to whisper in her ear… Her mom died… I know that it’ll be hard… But she needs to stay alive, like what she told me, she’s the reason why I’m still holding on, why im not letting go, cause she came back for me, she stopped and turn to me…

 

 

I was immediately brought to the emergency room, our ways parted but for sure I won’t forget her name… It was yoon… and she’s… different. I was at the operation room for exactly 4 hours, I had to wear a cast and use crutches. I was brought to my room they made me eat stuffs

 

 

 

“Good thing that little girl called immediately” the nurse told me, I smiled remembering Yoon’s voice. Just as then I heard a knock on my door, a girl with somewhat shattered clothing entered.

 

 

“Oh yoona you’re here” The nurse said, the nurse smiled as she left the room…

 

 

“I’m glad that you’re already okay… so how are you feeling” her voice was so angelic, It’s like it’s one of the things I’d like to listen to all day. I felt so weird, that feeling when you felt butterflies in your stomach flattering their wings as she smiled at me…

 

 

She saved me… she’s the reason why I’m still here… she made me hold into my faith when I was slowly loosing it…

 

 

But then again, that was nearly 4 years ago… the yoona I know before was long lost now people change… The yoona that I’ve held on to was gone, The yoona right now is someone else… and I can’t believe that I literally had the urge to take her back to the extent of using someone’s innocence… it’s absurd.

 

 

I opened my eyes to see what happens next… though there’s nothing else… just plain white, it was so noisy… I was stumbling sideways… and I felt so numb.

 

 

“Luhan… Luhan…” I can hear her voice once again, the same voice when I first saw Yoona

 

 

They were able to get me out of my car and placed me in a stretcher, I can see a girls figure blocking the sky, I can barely see her face, thus it was only her shadows was vividly seen.

 

 

“Stay with me…” she held my hand tightly as I slowly drifted away.  

 

 

***

 

 

I woke up in a hospital room, I also felt the cast in my leg… Crap, I shouldn’t have drive last night, I have my upcoming game… tsk.

 

 

“I was so worried! Why are you so careless! You could have died out there!!” I almost fell down when I heard I feminine voice inside my room, I glanced sideways and…

 

 

“What? Don’t just give me a damn blank expression!” Yoona was infuriated… She’s here… again… for me… I don’t know now…

 

 

It seems like its history repeating all over again. It’s so absurd and clichéd… I don’t know what to feel anymore… It’s hard to be with her and approach her and yet she’s here again, sometimes I cant help but wonder… does she still feel the same thing?

 

 

A smile escaped my lips. I don’t want to care about her answers I just want to stare at her…

 

 

 

God I’m still in love with her…

 

 

The door flew open wide… sht I almost forgot her… MY GIRLFRIEND… my fake girlfriend’s also here, there was a basket in her arms with a lot of fruits, behind her is my mother, Their smiles faded when they saw yoona inside my room.

 

 

I think this isn’t a good idea… Mom and Yoona in the same room, and you might wanna add Seohyun in the picture… It’s a total wreck. Oh god.

 

 

Seohyun almost dropped he basket… she’s really an actress… the way she acted… it was as if she’s really my girlfriend, and sometimes I can almost forget that this whole things just for fun nothing more.

 

 

“What the hell are you doing in here? Who gave you the freaking permission to go see my son?!” Yoona was taken aback, even before, mom disliked Yoona… She told me she’s just a little whatnot incapable of doing anything, but still I love her and mom can’t do anything about it.

 

 

“I’im sorry, I was just about to leave” Yoona bowed down and walked through the door. Mom slammed the door right after she went outside. I gave out a bitter sigh as mom went closer to me.

 

 

“You’re girlfriend’s here so I don’t want her to feel any rivalry between her and that y yoona… You got me?” on the contrary I don’t have the slightest Idea how mom and Seohyun got close… weird

 

 

“Mom, Yoona and I we’re so over… right Seo—Where did she go?” I looked around my room and she wasn’t there. I saw mom’s smirking face… as if telling me that… She told me so

 

 

“I really like that girl… she’s very sweet and very very innocent…. I just hope that you wont come around breaking her heart…” I swallowed a cold lump in my throat… does my mother knows about our deal?

 

 

“What are you talking about mom? Ha, ha…” well this is awkward…

 

 

“Karma’s a you know…” Sometimes… I can’t help but think why my mo speaks like this… she talks like a teen ager. I rested my eyes again, mom sat on the couch and opened her laptop… business stuffs.

 

 

I’m just glad that Seohyun’s always there to catch me, whenever happens. I just hope that… I wont break her heart, what I told Kai was just because of my frustrations, I never meant that of course… I can’t hurt her, she’s been so nice to me plus I know the score between him and her.

 

 

Kai likes her, and I’m sensing a slight liking from her to him to… so, right now I’m just one impeccable third wheel… but now that I know that yoona has still feelings for me… Seohyun and Kai can be together and when that time comes, we’ll all have our happy endings.

 

 

Seohyun with kai and of course… me with Yoona

 

 

Interesting… right?


The past week was nerve wrecking, so many things happened and it was so berzerk, I just hope that Kris is happy wherever he is right now TT^TT

 

 

So what do you guys think... I just opened up Luhan's first point of view and his flashback was featured!!