Chapter 11: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble

Falling for a Misfit

Pretension continued. Seohyun’s still Luhan’s fake girl friend and her friendship with Yoona became more efficient while her thing with Kai’s pretty rough for now. Every time they get to see each others, Kai would just rant about how Luhan is so sweet and close to her and how he looked so helpless from a distance. Their slowly falling apart, the friendship they built was slowly drifting away because of this whole set up.

 

 

Seohyun knows that if this continues she might lose the last person she’d want to be with. Her best friend... Kai...

 

 

This is why she considered herself a misfit, she can’t be with anyone without hurting the others. Her every move leads her to decisions she knows that she would definitely regret. She just wanted to stop this abomination to happen. This was out of her hands...

 

 

It was Wednesday, exactly one week already had passed since she began pretending for Luhan, a week passed and she got to know Yoona more, she became closer to SNSD... and lastly... Kai’s not much of a person to talk right now. She wanted to talk to him, consult him, confront him... after all he wanted this to happen, for her to pretend for Luhan. But now Kai’s the one who’s running away.

 

 

She’s not even sure about what she feels right now. Everyone’s using her, Luhan... to know if yoona’s still into him, Yoona... who’s been using her to reunite with her ex lover and lastly SNSD, to get more students to try out for the baseball team. It sure was a hell week.

 

 

“Here’s your coffee.” Seohyun went to Xiumin’s cafe right from school, and she was lucky enough that Xiumin’s here too.

 

 

“Don’t you have practice for football?” Seohyun asked. Xiumin sat at the vacant seat in front of her.

 

 

“Well... Coach didn’t want to see me.” Xiumin said as he scratched the back of his neck. Seohyun took a sip from her hot coffee and pressed her lips firm.

 

 

“Why is that? I thought that Coach is very much fond of you, that’s what Luhan told me.” Xiumin sternly looked at her and took her right hand. His eyes looked troubled...

 

 

“can I tell you something?” He nervously said, Seohyun took her hand back and sipped some more coffee as she looked at him. She bit her lip, Xiumin’s really needs someone to talk about this.

 

 

“what’s bothering you?”

 

 

“It’s about coach and I” Seohyun tried not to gape as Xiumin told her the whole story. Xiumin told her that they’ve been seeing each other lately since summer break. They were both going to movie’s, and right after their practice coach would go to their cafe. They were sort of having this... ‘thing’

 

 

And lately, some of the other teachers noticed it. Coach would definitely get terminated if they were proved to be dating. That’s why Xiumin’s been around different girls and that made Coach lose phase in her work, which is more suspecting.

 

“I can’t let her lose her job because of me, plue we have an upcoming game... the team needs her.”

 

 

“Do you love her?” Seohyun asked.

 

 

“I-I don’t know... I’m new to this, I mean, I’ve had flings but not this thing.”

 

“Does she love you?”

 

 

“I guess so, well... she told me she does, and she’s really giving me extra attention and more care during practices, which I think is enough. I don’t know, really, this is so bizarre, snd this is so not me. It’s really frustrating.”Seohyun nodded. And made a bite to her croissant

 

 

“how do you know that you’re in love with somebody, how do you know it’s not just something, but way more deeper than that? How did you know that Luhan’s in love with you?” Her jaw clenched as xiumin asked the last question. She almost forgot that only Kai, her dad and Luhan knows about the whole set up.

 

 

How did you know Luhan’s in love with you?

 

How did she knew that luhan’s in love with her? Easy, she did nothing cause luhan’s in love with somebody else and that somebody happens to be... not her. It took her several seconds before she digested the thought.

 

 

“oh. Luhan...” she was stuck in that moment, for the first time, she didn’t knew what to tell someone asking her the same question like the others.

 

 

“That scum, he didn’t tell me that he was already seeing you for the past years... Which is kinda funny, cause during the first day, he pretended that he never know you and how pissed he was, when all along, you two were just playing with each others... He must really be so in love with you that he needed to hide you from public, I never thought that he would actually move on from yoona.” She chewed slowly as she grimaced. Xiumin stood up and walked around, ordering the staff to close down the cafe now.

 

 

“Hey, it’s just 7, and... you get more costumers during this time” Seohyun said

 

 

“Coach might come, it’s better that she’ll see the cafe close, rather than it’s open cause she’d just find me from the staff” Xiumin escorted her out of the cafe, even asked if he could drive home. Seohyun just agreed so he can talk with Xiumin... just to think of something else, rather than the whole pretension thing.

 

 

“So we’re here... do you want to come over first, meet my dad?”

 

 

“Nah~ wait... is that... No way! You’re Mr. Seo’s daughter?” Seohyun can see her dad from the veranda waving at them, Xiumin went out of his car and went immediately towards mr. Seo. Seohyun wavered her head as she smiled...

 

 

“So who’s this young man?” Mr. Seo asked her daughter. Xiumin beamed a smile

 

 

“I watched all your movies, and I grew up loving them sir” Excitement was seen in Xiumin’s face. On the other hand, Seohyun felt a little bit lightened up, she’s glad that she had ease up Xiumin’s thought of Coach’s termination once the board knew that they were dating.

 

 

“Then I guess you’ll have to join dinner... the others are waiting” Seohyun raised her brow... what others is her father talking about. The moment she opened her door, she heard two familiar voice screaming her name, as if those two person were racing towards the door.

 

 

“Hi babe.”  Luhan gritted her teeth as he looked at Kai. Kai scowled as he took seohyun’s hands and tag her to the dining area.

 

“There. You sit beside me...” Kai said beaming a egoistical smile on Luhan. He ruffled his hair and sat at the seat across the table, facing seohyun. Mr. Seo and Xiumin joined them, the two sensed the reigning feud in Kai and Luhan.

 

 

“I just hope that nothing bad will happen” Mr Seo muttered looking at Xiumin. The food was bought by several maids to the table. Tonight’s menu... Italian food, Kai took some ravioli and put some on Seohyun’s plate while Luhan placed a nice cut of lasagne to her plate as well. Kai didn’t want to lose so he gave a glass full of peach juice to Seohyun.... but then again, as the stand up boyfriend, Luhan gave him a glass of orange juice.

 

Seohyun was amused, the same time... not feeling that quite good... she doesn’t want to end up not finishing all of the foods and beverages they served him, on the contrary, Xiumin’s been talking with Mr. Seo in his upcoming movie and even asked if he could do a cameo on it. The dining area isn’t much of a proper place right now... it’s more like a battle field and Seohyun’s in the centre of it.

 

 

“Do you want more cheese? Cheddar?” Kai asked

 

 

“Water babe?” and... she had enough of it. She went up her feet and went straight to the kitchen and locked the door. She knows that the two will be waiting for her outside cause she heard them mumbling at the other side of the door.

 

 

She took a plate and filled it with fettuccini pasta. She ate inside the Kitchen along with the maids to avoid contact with her “boyfriends” She never knew that this would be harder than she expected.

 


 

The next day, Luhan wasn’t able to go to school due to... ‘Personal stuff’ he didn’t wanted to talk about it on the phone that’s why he told her that they’d talk the next time. Kai’s the one who fetch her up for school. Nothing much happened. Typical Seohyun in the morning, quiet and peaceful...The moment they reached school, Coach was standing in the middle of the doorways, and her face, isn’t that much appealing.

 

 

“Seo Joohyun.” She sternly said. Seohyun walked to her.

 

 

“Yes coach?”

 

 

“I heard that you played for your previous school, I want you to try out. In the field, NOW” Seohyun didn’t knew what was happening, It’s not her first subject but she followed her anyways. She changed into her PE uniform and jogged to the field. She suspected that... this isn’t a try out that coach was talking about, because none of the SNSD are there.

 

 

“Crap. Xiumin”

 

She muttered under her breathes. She just remembered that Xiumin and coach... has this special thing and right now coach thinks that Seohyun’s dating him too.

 

 

“10 lapses, sprint across the field.” She’s been into this kind of training when she was in middle school but she haven’t played or trained for 3 consecutive years. She didn’t even had a warm up and to think about the weather... it’s not nice, she can see the dark clouds forming up. She’s definitely having cramps... She’s dead meat. She messed with coach.

 

 

The bell rang and she started to run lapses. She was catching for breathe when the sudden migraine started inside her head again. She bit her lip trying to shake that felling off, but it’s really ticking her. She still managed to outrun the lapses, but that’s what she thought... coach had a lot of things she wanted her to do.

 

 

“Not bad, not bad.... now, you see those bleachers? You’ll jog from bottom to top, this time 20 lapses, no rest.” She was sweating up, students started to appear, they were watching her, but she couldn’t care less... all she knows is that she should finish as quick as she can so that she can get back to her classes. But then her migraine worsens... it’s like her head was being cut into half as she jogged through the bleachers.

 

She tried her bet to finish the whole laps... but then again, coach’s just warming up, she had more... more things in her mind. She took out a machine that throws baseballs. Coach handed her a baseball bat, with a letter M engraved into it. Coach started the machine, at first it was slow, only throwing one ball per 2 minutes, but as Seohyun hit more balls, the faster coach turned the machine.

 

The SNSD saw how great she was, she never missed a hit.

 

 

“You’re pretty good Seo Joohyun. But i’m not done yet...” Coach turned the machine off and took a box in its compartment. The audience gasped as they saw Coach’s infamous... box

 

Where terror was sealed...

 

 

“Oh god, its Lucy... coach’s favourite ball” Teayeon said. The ball was covered with tiny spikes*you can barely see them*...and yes they’re sharp ones. Coach uses this when she trains SNSD, usually when she’s just pissed off... and right now she is.

 

 

“what did she do to make coach... pissed?” Yuri said in unison with Sunny. They were... quite unsure about this, cause most of them have a hard time hitting coach’s favourite ball, and pretty much most of them ended up bleeding.

 

 

Seohyun held the baseball bat, though her grip was beginning to lose. Coach was at the end of the field while she’s in the middle, a lot of students were watching her, and some were even taking photos.

 

 

Coach tossed the ball with an allegiant strength. Seohyun waited for the baseball to come to her as the thunder roared. Just as then... the next thing she knew was everything she looks at was doubled, her vision was blurred.

 

 

“And Goal!” Xiumin shouted as soon as the football stopped Coach’s ball from hitting seohyun. She felt nuisance. Coach gritted her teeth while the snsd girls were much relieved.

 

 

“I’ll take it from her Xiu.” Sehun said, he ran towards Seohyun across the field and put his arms around her to help her regain balance. She was pale as sehun escorted her to the infirmary. He also informed her that Luhan asked him to look after her while he’s gone.

 

 

“And where’s luhan, may I ask?” She said as she went to the bed.

 

 

“He didn’t tell me, none of us know where he is... he just told us that it was personal. He’s kinda sentimental so we just let him be”

 

 

“how long will it take?” she asked once again

 

 

“maybe... a couple of days, I don’t know, he’s always like that... hey, do you mind if I get to my classes first then I’d come back later?” Sehun approached, Seohyun just nodded as she rested her head in the pillow. It’s getting worse... she knows that it’s getting worse, her condition.

 

 

“Thank god you’re not bruised!” Tiffany shrieked as they entered the infirmary, the whole team was there... just to congratulate her.

 

“Oh... hi” Seohyun said awkwardly seeing them.

 

 

“You’re so great out there and you’re really a part of the team now” Sooyoung smirked as she looked at her. Part of the team? She guessed... so it wasn’t because of Xiumin after all.

 

 

“Really? T-that’s nice... though Coach’s a little bit terrifying out there. Is she always like that?” The girls laughed, so she laughed along with them.

 

 

“Nope, just when she’s pissed off... so you must have done something that made her fuming mad, so anyways, we’ll be checking on you later. We’ll get back to our classes first.” She smiled as they left.

 

 

“Now where are my boyfriends when I needed them most?” She sighed

 

 

“Right here.” She was startled, she almost jumped of the bed when she heard Kai’s voice. He was holding a light container in his hand with painkillers inside. Right now, she’ll need these.

 

 

“I knew coach was up to something when she called you... so I had you supervised by Xiumin, Coach’s pretty much sane when he’s around... I wonder what’s happening with the two of them... some rumours say that they date, but hell do I care, all I am thinking about is you... and of course, your safety, and oh by the way, got you some of these” Seohyun sat up and Kai sat next beside her. She rested her head in his shoulders and closed her eyes.

 

 

“Shouldn’t you be in class?”

 

“Yes. But you’re more important... I can always take summer classes if ever I fail you know” He chuckled a bit as he held her hand.

 

 

“Kai I’m scared...” a tear escaped her eyes. Kai took her hand and gave it shallow kisses.

 

 

“To what?” he asked.

 

 

“You know what it is I fear the most...” losing you. She doesn’t want to lose you kai...

 

 

“Then I won’t leave...” She took a deep breath and wiped away her tears. It’s not Kai... it’s all just her, she’s more troubled... and within 2 more weeks this will end. The reason why she’ll only do things with duration of a month is because... she’ll be flying to Paris with her dad. They talked about this way before they talked about her going back to school. She’s flying to Paris to settle down things with... someone

 

 

“It’s not you Kai... it’s me”

 

 


Someone’s PoV

 

 

Falling in love was inevitable, I’ve loved her from a far... and in a month’s time things will change. She’ll fall for me and when she does... she’s going to fall hard, and I’ll make sure that I’ll be the one catching her.

 

Even if I know that she’ll somehow drift away from me too...

 


I want to prolong SeoKai scenes.... cause, I’m actually shipping them hard ahahah so yeah... LUHAN’s MIA, XIUMIN has an AFFAIR with a coach, SEOHYUN’s part of the SNSD TEAM and lastly... KAI’s so MUSHY.

 

Ps. I think Sehun knows where’s Luhan’s whereabouts are

XD