Sick Sick Sick

Hard and Soft

You moan slightly to yourself as your nose peeks out from your covers and breathe in the cold air. You sniffle miserably, and reach out blearily with an arm to reach for the box of tissues on the table beside you. Messily and loudly, you blow your nose (there's nobody watching anyway) and flop back.

Your boyfriend is nowhere to be found.

Well, you reason to yourself. He does have a schedule.

You look at your table again and smile at the large bag sitting next to the tissues. You know if you look inside, you'll find a hot water bottle, tablets, lemon tea packets with honey, towels and everything you could need. Kyungsoo is the 'umma' of EXO after all.

But he's nowhere to be found, your sick mind chants. A good boyfriend's meant to hold you through your sickness, right?

You don't usually whine. Whenever you're sick, you turn into an almost completely different person. You can't help crying a lot too, when you usually never did. You look at your clock on the wall.

11:30AM.

Damn. It's only been an hour since he left. You pout a little (again, the cold) and burrow into the covers. You can't help feeling sorry for yourself and you hate it. You abruptly push yourself off the bed and stand up on the ground, swaying a little. You clap two hands to your cheeks and say sternly, 'Alright!'

I am Do Kyungsoo's girlfriend! I am strong! I will not let snivelling bacteria beat me!

You attempt to walk to your closet to change out of your pyjamas but when the world suddenly decides to spin and shake and cramps flare in your stomach, you stumble with an 'Ohhhhh' and manage to collapse back on the bed. Utterly defeated, you whimper (again, just the cold) and hide your face in your pillow.

When is my darling boyfriend going to return?

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

When Kyungsoo enters his girlfriend's apartment, he is expecting anything but you half under the covers, sprawling like a frog and pyjama top halfway up your stomach.  You're singing gregorian chants to the wall, with two arms raised up in a weird sacrificial position.

'Are you okay?' he asks, a smile escaping his unwilling lips. He sets down the bags of renewed supplies on the ground and walks over to you.

'Do I look okay?' You grumble back. You lower you arms up and look at him with half closed eyes. 

He tugs your pyjama top down, hands gently brushing against your skin, and sits down on the bed. 'I was only gone for a little while. Are you feeling-woah, are you crying?'

You turn your head so he wouldn't see your tears. You have no idea why you are, except however hard you try, you cannot will those drops of water back into your eyes. 'Yes. No.'

He sighs and runs a hand along your cheek. 'Why are you crying?'

'I don't know.' It comes out as a sob. 'I'm on my period and I'm sick. That means I'm both hormonal and full of bacteria or yucky stuff, right?'

He rubs the hand in circles on your back. It soothes you a little. 'It doesn't matter,' he said. 'It'll all go away in time.'

'I know.'

'You'll get better real soon.'

'I know.'

'And your period's going away in two days anyway.'

'I know...but how do you know that?'

'I can tell.'

'Alright.'

'And-'

He stiffens in surprise as you wrap your hands around his waist and rest your head on his chest. You sigh in happiness (okay, not the cold) and he relaxes to return your embrace.

A silence. You basking in his warm hold and him basking in the fact that you're holding him because you need to.

'Wait, this was what you were planning all along, werent you?' he whispers in your ear.

You 'hmm' to let him know he was maybe right. After all, a girl just needs to be held, not necessarily pampered.

'You're sly.' His breath tickles your ear.

'I won't get you sick,' you mumble. 'Don't worry.'

He shakes his head. 'I'm not.'

Then after a second, he adds, 'You're slightly crazy when you're sick.'

You laugh and hold him tighter. 'Yeah, but I'll always have you to hold me.'

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you as always for reading :)