Freezing

Hard and Soft

You liked winter, really.

You found the bare trees and the white snow and the blue sky all very beautiful and nostalgic. The walks with Kyungsoo in the night, with all the streetlights blinking and shining, contained some of the best moments of your life. But there was just one small problem.

It was freezing.

And you were pretty bad with the cold.

Okay, scratch that.

You were horrible with it.

Mostly, it was your hands. On the other parts of your body, you could've just kept on adding layers and layers if needed,an extra sweater here, an extra pair of socks there. But it was really, really hard fitting your hands into a third pair of gloves. A second pair was alright, your hands looked a little swollen from the thickness but no one really noticed, but a third layer was too much. Too much, and believe it, you've tried.

So, out you would go every morning, feeling like your hands were encased in two blocks of ice. Kyungsoo couldn't believe it sometimes, really.

'How could your hands possibly be cold?,' he joked when he watched you waddle out of your house, nearly unidentifiable under your woollen scarfs and coats.

'Believe me,' your muffled voice said. 'They are.'

He rolled his eyes and smiled in fondness at you. His smile felt like warm sunshine on your face, and you melted a little. Metaphorically, of course. You were still freezing.

Then he took your hand and started to peel your gloves off.

Your eyes grew large in alarm as you spluttered, 'Ya, ya, ya, YA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?'

'Calm down,' he said. 'I'm helping.'

'How in any way is this helping?!'

You yelped as you felt the icy wind make contact with your bare skin. Then you watched, transfixed, as he brought it to his mouth and pressed a kiss against your palm. A blush heated your face up. You were about to pull away in embarrassment but then a wonderful feeling stole over your palm. It was not cold anymore, it was, it was,-you'd almost forgotten the feeling-but it was warm.

He quickly did the same to the other palm then briskly rubbed your hands between his. You were disappointed when his mouth left your skin but it was quickly replaced by the bliss his hand was giving yours. You looked up to find his cheeks a little red, undoubtedly from his previous bold actions. Kyungsoo never liked to kiss you in public, even if it was just on your hand. To have done it revealed the concern he was really feeling underneath his teasing. It made your heart warm.

And he was warm too. While you were like ice during winter, he was a furnace. A really, really good one. That you decided to take full advantage of. No, wait, ugh, that came out wrong. Forget you thought that.

Kyungsoo stopped rubbing your hands and slipped back on your gloves tenderly.

'Are they still cold?' he asked, looking into your eyes seriously.

Speechless, you shook your head.

He smirked. 'Good.'

Then he slipped his hand around yours, tucked them in his pocket, and continued walking, still smirking.

You rolled your eyes.

You were warm.

You were happy.

And you may just get out of this winter without chopping both hands off.

But only if Kyungsoo stayed by your side and kept you warm.

What a good furnace, indeed.

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you as always for reading :)