In the Kitchen

Hard and Soft

You were ectastic when Kyungsoo and you first moved in together.

Sure, there were little bumps here and there but the both of you weren't fussy people so they didn't bother you as much as other couples.

You were the happiest you had been for a long, long time.

Your life wasn't perfect but you never expected it to be. Kyungsoo didn't expect his life to be perfect either. But you two had each other and that was more than enough. It was such a relief for you to have finally found a person who, instead of saying 'I'm here so everything will be perfect. Don't worry about anything,' said, 'I'm here so I'm going to help you through this. I love you.' He understood you and you understood him.

Everything was alright.

Except for one little problem.

So yeah, you reasoned with myself, you liked to sing. And Kyungsoo was a singer. Not even Kyungsoo to the rest of the world, but D.O. of EXO, the guy with the amazing voice who could make the knees of every girl weak, you no exception. And he was in SM. You know, the biggest entertainment company in Korea, bursting with pretty girls with amazing voices who probably Kyungsoo heard everyday. Why shouldn't you sing in front of him?

Yeah, right.

It wasn't exactly hiding anything from him, you argued with yourself. He just happened to not be around whenever you hummed or sang quietly to yourself. That was all.

Recently, whenever Kyungsoo had to miss dinner to stay at the company to practice, you had taken up to singing while doing the dishes. It had been a relief to finally let your voice out and loosen up a little. Of course, you still missed your fiance but at least this way, he didn't need to hear your horrible singing.

At least, you thought he never heard it.

Until one day, he decided to let you know.

It was a Tuesday night, Kyungsoo had managed to come home in the afternoon, taken a shower and cooked dinner. After you had finished eating and laughing over nothing in particular like usual, you started to bring the plates and bowls over to the sink. Still smiling, you the tap. You felt Kyungsoo move to your side to reach for the towel and his body brushed against yours.

Damn. Six years and you still couldn't stop blushing. Would you ever stop?

'Will you sing?'

You were startled  as Kyungsoo's soft voice interrupted your thoughts.

'What?'

'Will you sing?' he insisted again, looking into your eyes earnestly.

'Why would I sing?' You scoffed, trying to brush off his request as ridiculous. But the redness of your ears gave you away.

'Why won't you sing?' he retorted.

'My singing's horrible.'

'No, it isn't.'

You raised your eyebrow at him. 'How would you know that?'

He turned so his face was towards the wall. He reached for the first dish as he said, 'Well, I've heard it.'

Now you were alarmed. 'But I've never sang in front of you.'

'I came back from the company early yesterday and I heard you.'

Well, well. Straight to the point, wasn't he? But it was another thing that you loved about him. But still, wasn't that bordering on spying?

'Isn't that bordering on spying?' you .

'Not really,' he replied, still looking at you. 'I'm telling you right now that I heard.'

'After spying on me.'

'So, will you sing?'

That boy wouldn't be distracted at all. You sighed.

'I don't want you to judge me when you work with singers every day.'

He finally turned to you, surprised. 'I won't judge.'

'Really?'

'Of course,' he said. 'You're on an entirely different level.'

'Are you saying I'm so bad that I'm incomparable?' You said jokingly, trying to mask the hurt you were feeling.

'No, no, no!' he said looking shocked. He put down the dish. 'You are incomparable, but not in the way that you think. Other singers may be better than you in ways of techniques and other stuff I don't care about but out of everyone, I would still prefer to hear your singing.'

This earned him two raised eyebrows. 'Really?'

'Really, really,' he said earnestly, staring at you with those wide eyes. You laughed a little and his mouth perked up as he watched you.

'Will you sing now?'

You replied by softly singing the first few notes of 'First Snow' while reaching for the dish he had put down previously before.

Ten seconds later, you were cut off when he suddenly placed his lips on your moving ones. After he broke off, your face was beet red. He smirked.

'Please continue.'

You knew you couldn't say no.

 

 

 

A/N: So basically, this is just gonna be a long series of one-shots with D.O., some might be longer or shorter than this one but basically I thought it would be easier than posting a thousand single stories. Thank you as always for reading :)