1

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

 

"Dara run! Get out from here! GO!" Dara eyed her father with teary eyes as she scanned the whole yard. The shadows have attacked once again and this time they got into the premises of their castle. The Shadows were always known as the top rival of Anastasia, trying to gain some sort of power and defeating the King and Queen. But today they went too far. They somehow got into the castle and already harmed half the people on land. The hatred started years ago and it continued for years as The Shadows believed they deserve the whole area. They all wore black clothing with a large cloak which covered half their face which is why the people of Anastasia called them The Shadows.

 

 

"What about you Appa?!!" Dara yelled as she held onto the knife firmly. She had no idea how to use it but nobody knew that. Her father always tried to teach her self-defence and now she regretted not learning. There were many attacks by The Shadows but they were always outside away from the castle. Although it still frightened her, her mother’s constant comfort helped her relax as they both waited for their father’s arrival. But today was different; her mother was on the other side of Anastasia meeting one of her cousins therefore Dara had to save her own life alone.

 

 

"Just run Dara! Please sweetie!" He responded back, sending her a kiss. "I'll find your omma and come find you! Just run and save yourself." Dara nodded her head knowing her father is capable in fighting and looking after himself. Even still she had a bad feeling in her guts as she turned around and rushed down the corridor.

 

 

With her petite legs, Dara just ran straight down the hallways. Her hands placed firmly onto her ears as she heard all kind of shrieks and screams. She shook her head trying to get it out of her head. She hated seeing the people she cared for being harmed. She clutched the knife of her right hand harder as she hoped the screaming would disappear.

 

 

"Look it's the princess! Capture her!!" Dara's eyes widened hearing the man shout from behind her. With full speed she ran down the corridor and down the stairs. She had no idea where she was going, she never came to this section of the castle but at the moment she didn't care, she wanted to be alive. She couldn't allow the shadows to capture her and kill her. Her eyes landed on a door, reaching for the handle. The steps of her enemy getting closer behind her, she pushed open the door tripping at the high ground. Her knife went flying as her body slammed against the ground harshly.

 

 

"Ahh!" She yelped in pain feeling the large scratch on her knee and the already growing bruise on the side of her stomach. But that didn't stop her, picking herself up she continued to run. She didn't look back but just ran. Her determination coming to full speed. Her sight was blinded with the sharp light, covering her eyes she sprinted towards wherever this door was going to lead her to.

 

 

--------

 

 

"Ahh Hyung!" They all laughed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter