There's mad and then there's MAD

Of all Coincidences

May 25

Tuesday really is my day of the week. USUALLY. Today was one of the worst Tuesdays.

I woke up earlier because yesterday I promised Dae-Yeol I would show him around before school. When we got to the graphics class, he seemed happier than when he plays his computer. He started going off on this computer program to create animations, asking if he was able to use the computer. I shrugged my shoulders because the teacher wasn’t in sight so Dae-Yeol quietly went on to show me the different tools to edit the little 3-D avatar.

Our time was quickly used up being absorbed in the program that we didn’t notice that the bell has rung. The teacher scared both of us when his class was about to start. Thankfully, he was nice enough to write us a pass to be excused from being late. Actually, nice doesn’t seem like the appropriate word, the teacher just liked Oppa’s work on the computer so he let us off the hook. At least no detention.

In the classroom, there awaited a project that was due at the end of the month. Since Oppa and me were the last ones left, we were paired up together. Junggie had gotten someone she didn’t like so she split the project in half in class so she wouldn’t have to work in the same setting with him to get it done. When she finished doing that, she attached herself to my arm, getting us both in trouble for not paying attention. We were sent outside to reflect on our behavior after being called on 5 times.

Once we were outside, Eonni showed me all of the signatures she had gotten from EXO, even got me signatures from Kai and Chen. We started talking quietly about what we should do after school. I convinced Eonni that she should cut down on the hunting because she really did scare the bajeebus [IDK if this is my word but I likey] out of Kris the other time. The teacher still didn’t call us back in when our conversation hit a dead end so, very quietly, we played a hand game. Junggie taught it to me, but she didn’t even know the name. It killed a lot of time while we were out there.

The bell rang for us to go to our 2nd period and I popped my head into the classroom. Dae-yeol smiled and handed my bag to me so we could head to our next class. Eonni got jealous saying that we were making her a third wheel. The two of us just smiled and said, “Saranghaeyo Eonni/Noona <3” Junggie is actually older than Oppa even though her mindset doesn’t show it.

Heading to our next class, we all went separate ways saying that we’ll see each other at lunchtime. Right now, I have computer class. It was a moderate class, my classmates were the iffy part of it. In there was mainly upperclassmen since it was an advanced elective. The only reason I’m in this class is because in middle school, my aunty forced me into this program giving me the credit for first-years. This happened all because she wanted a raise.

In the classroom, it was like you could cut the tension. We had a substitute and apparently he knew one of the students enough that they were having a stare-down challenging each other. Everyone startled me, including the two challenging each other just started to stare at me. I could feel all of their eyes following me as I made my way to my seat. My desk partner filled me in that the substitute teacher said aloud that it’s a miracle that our classmate is allowed to be able to graduate when ‘he’s too stupid to even pass a test.’ Whispering back to my partner, “then why did everyone stare when I walked in?” My partner just shrugged it off saying that they’ve been eying out everyone that comes in. Well, isn’t that just jolly…

Since I was given the opportunity, I decided to text anyone and everyone. My two brothers only replied angry messages back while Eonni didn’t send anything back. Oh…I forgot she has a test right now. Please let her phone be on silent, please, please, please. Taehyun was the only one who didn’t reply back angry at my random message.

“YO! I’m bored so boom-chika-boom-boom-boom-boom!!!!!! XD”

“Ha-ha, aren’t you in class right now Dongsaeng?”

“Meh, a student and the substitute are fighting so it’s pretty much free time :/ Anywaaaay what you doing??? I’m pretty sure your class is better than mine.”

“Not really, it’s my English class. We just finished taking a test so while my seonsaengnim grades the papers, we have free time. I think I failed the test though T.T My grades have been slipping recently…So embarrassing.”

“Why is that embarrassing? You DO have a reason right? It’s not just that you were lazy right? Or are you actually a lazy Oppa >.<“

“Well, I’ve been staying up late because I keep dancing :3 Sometimes I try to blow off my homework, but my hyungs don’t let me. They act like my parents and actually check my homework. The grades that are slipping is science and math because they are SOOO fudging hard!!!!!!! >=(“

“Oh well that’s kind of a weak excuse =( And you should really thank your hyungs for keeping you on track!! ‘Surprisingly’ my strongest subjects are math and science, too bad I can’t help you :P Wait, none of your hyungs or even your Dongsaeng can help you?”

“None of them know, it’s Pre-calculus/calculus and Physics that’s why DX I was doing fine, but I fell behind and now I can’t catch up!!!! Do you think you can help me pweaseeeeeeeeee XO Please as a favor to your Oppa!!! I’ll even try to get you EXO signatures since they are staying in my neighborhood!!”

“Wow…no pleasant comments on those classes. Then we could use SMART program so I can interact with you while teaching you. It’s similar to skype, but it’s to get handwritten messages between people away from each other. Sorry, but if I do meet up with you that means I have to bring my crazy Eonni with me.”

“Just say the comments!!! I need any type of feedback you have! Then pleaseeee just meet up with me, I don’t think I’ll be able to understand just by you writing DX T_T L

“……My comments were that those classes were pretty…..easy for me….Sorry Oppa if that offends you. Then fine, I’ll just bring my new Oppa with me, he’s indifferent about Idols. Is that okay?”

“Okay!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna check out this new Oppa of yours anyway. :D AND THANK YOU SO MUCH DONGSAENG I LOVE YOU!!! I’m not offended so don’t worry. Umm, is Friday & Saturday good for you? o.o”

“Hmmm, Friday is a little iffy, but definitely Saturday. It’s nice I can be helpful to someone who has to seek help from their chatting Dongsaeng. >_< Oh I don’t really need the signatures, that seems too hard for you to collect, even if they are staying in your neighborhood. 0.0”

Swoop! My conversation was cut abruptly as the substitute took away my phone. His little fight ended with my classmate being taken away by security and now the sub was taking his anger out on all of us. He dangled my phone by it’s keychain just out of my arm’s reach to taunt me. I asked him for my phone back, that I’ll put it away during class time. Apparently my nerdy act didn’t work on him. He told me to pick up my phone next week when my original teacher is supposed to return. I was gob smacked at what he said. There was no way in hell I was gonna pick up my phone after 5 days. I told him that I needed my phone and next week was too far away. He went close to my face and said tough. He walked back to the desk and left my phone in the top drawer. Then he assigned work that wasn’t even related to our class, he just wanted to make us suffer. No one wanted to do the work so we ignored him. He said he’ll fail us all for the day if we didn’t do the work he assigned.

My half-friend, half-acquaintance argued with him while I fed him information. Our teacher already told us what we had to get done so he specifically said that half the period would be free time or making up late work. This class was mainly projects so having bookwork is bull.

The sub planned to call security on my classmate, but our troublemaker sneakily unplugged the telephone wire and hid it so it was practically invisible. There was no choice, but to manually get the security guard to take the student away.

Once he left, I made a beeline for the drawer. Everyone was surprised when I cursed because the stupid drawer was lock. This desk looked like the same model as the other teachers, so this desk had the same ‘glitch’ as the others. Playing on the glitch, my phone was free and I stuffed it into my shirt so none of the teachers could touch me. Hearing heavy footsteps, I sprinted for my seat after closing the drawer shut. I made it before the security guard came into the classroom. He asked what was the problem and my classmates just went off on what was wrong with the sub. He waved his hands to tell us to calm down. He told all of us that we could be dismissed to our third period early while he worked things out with the teacher. No one hesitated to run out of there.

Seeing as there was still half an hour to go until third period actually begins, I went to my favorite spot in the courtyard. When I was in art, we would always come here to draw the scenery. Out of our entire neighborhood, my school was the only place with Cherry blossom trees. Leaning up against the tree, I looked back at the thread of messages there were between me and Taehyun.

“Okay!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna check out this new Oppa of yours anyway. :D AND THANK YOU SO MUCH DONGSAENG I LOVE YOU!!! I’m not offended so don’t worry. Umm, is Friday & Saturday good for you? o.o”

“Hmmm, Friday is a little iffy, but definitely Saturday. It’s nice I can be helpful to someone who has to seek help from their chatting Dongsaeng. >_< Oh I don’t really need the signatures, that seems to hard for you to collect, even if they are staying in your neighborhood. 0.0”

“It’s fine, collecting the signatures won’t be so hard. Oh errr, will it be okay to have it at a private place? I don’t really know places we could study that’s appropriate. :\ Mian. The only places I know is the park, a dance studio, and a bubble tea place.”

“Oh sorry Oppa, the stupid sub took away my phone. He was about to keep it until next week >=( But anyway, how about the library? That should be private enough, there’s separate studying rooms, I can reserve one of them for us if you want to be away from people. Okay? ;)”

“Ha-ha who’s the non-sneaky one now?? And that sounds good, it’s just that what is your Oppa going to do there and how do you get there? 0.0 I didn’t know there was a library here.”

“Oh the life of a capital person…Well I still got to ask my Oppa if he wants to go, then he can bring his laptop to play his game or help you with your math too. Then umm, are you going by bus or on foot, or can someone drop you off?”

“Umm, hold on”

“Okay, I found a ride, do you have the address so we can just plug it into the GPS”

“Okay it’s 4843 Daegu District, Complex A, Room 101. You got it?”

A few minutes passed by….

“Okay Dongsaeng! We got it. >_< Err, one of my hyungs want me to ask you if there is manga or manhwan there at the library…”

“Keke not every time is a problem when asking questions, and yes they have an entire section just for graphic novels. So there’s American comics, Japanese Manga, and Manhwan if he wants to read. ^_^”

“uh-oh, they saw the message and now 4 of them want to come along…Maybe it shouldn’t be at the library…:O”

“No it’s fine, there’s chairs around the area so they can sit there. Or if they’re quiet enough, they can just bring the books they want to the tutoring room. It’s your choice. >0<“

“Okay then. Text you at lunch time, my teacher is done grading. Lunchtime for me is 11-11:45! See Ya Dongsaeng!”

His schedule is different than mine, I was about to go into third period, but Taehyun was still in the middle of his class. Ehh whatever, I needed to head to third period now, Human Physiology. Luckily, Dae-yeol was in this class so I could tell him the plan without Junggie hanging on my words.

In class, we had another substitute. She was nice and said if we finished the worksheets we were assigned, she would allow free time as long as it didn’t get too loud. We finished pretty quickly and went to the lab tables to relax. Then my priorities hit me. I asked Dae-yeol for his phone number and brought out my laptop. He inputted his number in. While I was sending a message to his phone to give him my number, he searched up the website to download the game. After a few minutes, the game started downloading saying that it’ll be done in 6 hours for everything. Damn that’s going to take a while.

I told Oppa the situation with Taehyun Oppa and he said that he didn’t mind coming with me. He’ll just do his part of the project while we’re there. I forgot about our project already so he said we could start planning it. Our plan was that depending on Oppa’s brother, we’ll be able to go to his house to start our project and finish up the rest on Friday.

Planning aside, Dae-yeol and me got into a playful argument about which of our laptops were better. Mine was a Windows 8 laptop while his was an IBook. It kept us from going into awkward silence until the bell rang.

Lunchtime~~ It was time to deal with our fan girl of a Noona. (Sometimes I call Jung Hye Noona to piss her off) She beat us to the table again, just waiting for us so she could go crazy.

This time it was a bit surprising that she kept all of her emotions in check, suppressing her inner-sasaeng. Jung Hye said she was disappointed that she is only seeing the same members of EXO, she wants to see the others too. I was about to smack her if a text message didn’t come in. My brother just loved to cut in.

“Hey, dad said to be home early today.”

“I can’t. I gotta go to the shop. Dad knows that already.”

“Too bad, Dad said to be home early. So you better be home before 6.”

“NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! I no like. If he wants me home early, he can text me himself. Then he should know that for three years and counting, I have been going to the shop every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-10.”

“AISH! I wish I could kick you right now.”

“Go ahead, then you’ll actually get off your lazy and actually look at me face-to-face instead of texting me from 20 feet away.”

Junggie threatened me to stop texting or she go ballistic in front of everyone. I nodded and shoved my phone into my pocket. Lunch ended at 11:15 at my school so I would have around half an hour before Taehyun is in class again. Mindlessly pushing around a cherry tomato with my fork, I remembered what Eonni owed me.

“Eonni, you still owe me bubble drinks!!!! Let’s go today before I go home!!!!”

“Aish, you remembered…But I only owe you three now because last time I had to treat the both of you to bubble drinks.” Eonni was very generous and very stingy at the same time.

“Okay~~~ let’s just go today! I want honeydew or milk tea.”

“Arrasseo Arrasseo”

Dae-yeol mouthed a ’thank-you’ to me. He had a loved for his watermelon bubble was as big as my love for honeydew.

Lunch ended and I had study hall. There was still no work to be done so chatting time~~~~

“Oppa, you still at lunchtime? XD”

“Neh~~~ Are you in class now or what? Your school’s schedule is so different :O”

“Ha-ha I have study hall right now and all my work is finished so it’s fine >o< And why is you schedule different than mine…My classes goes homeroom, first three periods, lunch, study hall, then the last two periods. I get off at 3:30 :3”

“wow it really is different! Mine is four periods then, lunch, then the last three periods. No study hall or homeroom. Then I get off at the same time as you. Oh Saeng, if my ranking for my test scores goes up for math and science, then I’ll treat you to something okay?? C:”

“Do you really have to repay me, Oppa? :I“

“Yes I do ^_^ Why won’t you accept my gratitude L

“Because I can help you without payment…How about this…If you go up ten ranks then you have to treat me and your Dongsaeng to bubble drinks? >x<”

“Okay DEAL! Heck if I go up ten ranks, I’ll buy for you, your newest Oppa, and my Dongsaeng!!!! >O< My rank is so low compared to my friends. What is your rank saenggie?”

“Ummm….top ten? My rank keeps fluctuating because of my English and History classes. Then Oppa how bad is your rank that you’ll be that happy to reach that level. O.0”

“Well err its usually 53.…I’m just really average. THAT’S WHY I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! T___T”

“O__O Calm down, I’ll help you. You just can’t quit after things start to get harder Okie?”

“Neh Neh~~~Thank you~~~ Dongsaeng…I got to go, my hyung doesn’t like how I’m more absorbed into my phone than with my friends. I’ll text you later~~~ ^0^”

“It’s no problem at all Taehyunnie~~ See Ya”

I think I messaged him enough for today. We almost ran out of things to say. There was still 15 minutes until study hall was over so I decided to check all of the messages Jong Kyu sent me during lunch.

“YAH! DON’T IGNORE ME!”

“DONGSAENG!”

“DON’T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE”

“YAH!!! I’M GOING TO GET YOU, HYERI”

Sigh~~~~ all empty threats, seriously I don’t know what goes on in my brother’s mind half the time. I kept cursing him out through my phone when a new message popped up.

“Text me back now.” I ignored it and put my head down.

Not expecting this at all, my brother shows up to my classroom and drags me out of there. Everyone has an astonished expression that just screams, “what-the-?” There was no time to correct the opinions that were obviously forming in their mind. Jong Kyu dragged me to the end of the hallway where there was a blind spot. He demanded to know why I was ignoring him. I got into a full-blown argument with him about how he couldn’t control my life. I was just stumped on why my brother’s attitude just changed all of a sudden. New guy students have transferred to my school before and I’ve talked to them on a friendly level. Only when Dae-yeol came, he went overprotective. If Jonggie is hiding something from me, he better protect his .

Jong Kyu was still lecturing me until the study hall bell rang and we had to rush back to our classes. Unfortunately, I had to deal with my classmates after being dragged out by one of the popular guys. Maybe it’s just because I’m related to him, but every time I see Jong Kyu, in my gut there’s always the urge to punch him. My lame excuse for being dragged out was that he wanted money to buy a drink since I bumped into him the other day. They only accepted it because they knew geek + popular kid only happened in movies or for tutoring.

I was saved when my teacher walked into the classroom, telling everyone to settle down and turn to page 329 in our book. This was the start of a extremely boring class period.

Okay, after school time. Jung Hye was waiting with Dae-yeol at the entrance idly rocking back and forth on their heels. This sight was just funny, they were too awkward with each other. Oppa saw me and ran up to me. He has such a dorky smile that matched his glasses that was slipping down the bridge of his nose. Before he could even say a word, Eonni was yelling at us to hurry up.

Conversing on the way, we arrived at the bubble drink place. Once we got our orders, I paused the older two so I could get a picture of our colorful drinks. When the kitty clock hanging on the wall said four, I excused myself saying that it was time for me to head home. The older ones got up saying that they’ll head home as well. We said goodbye to Dae-yeol as he made his way to the subway station and Eonni offered to walk me home. I told her it was fine, so she only walked with until it was her turn. She definitely used her time efficiently in getting every little detail about my argument with my brother.

I waved good-bye before heading to my complex. At the building, it was just irritation, a little bit of fear, and just a whole load of What-The-. There was my brother with his friends, Yongsun with his friends, and my childhood bully with his even more annoying older brother hanging out at the park next to the complex. There wasn’t a way to go into the building without passing the park. Yongsun visited my school before so they know we’re related, but with his mouth, Jonggie’s friends will find out the three of us are related. This is probably the childish revenge Jonggie is trying to use to get back at me.

SCREW THIS ! Zoomed across my mind as I just bypassed all of them es. Today I was very irritable.

Using my peripheral vision, I could see some of them looking at me with puzzled faces. I just ignored them and rushed to the apartment. In the apartment, I went to go change into my casual clothes of long jeans and a button-up shirt with my favorite hooded jacket. Changing my necessities from my backpack to my shoulder bag, everything was set for me to leave. Taking a quick look in the mirror, I changed my hair from two braids to one braid going down right shoulder. After slipping on my shoes, I put my earphones in and put on EXO’s Growl. It was so hard to resist the urge to start dancing. There was no need for any of them downstairs to know of my secondary hobby. Good thing dancing is shameless because at Chanyeol’s rap, I look like a dummy.

Once again when I passed by them, I could feel their eyes staring at me. That uncomfortable feeling made my face curl in a slight snarl. My face stayed like that until I saw my bus had pulled up at it’s stop. Cursing under my breath as I pushed myself to run and made it not a moment too soon. The door was about to close when I got to the stop. The bus driver let me on and unluckily there were no seats. Standing near the back exit, I leaned over with my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. Very bad idea of not holding onto something. The bus stopped suddenly and I stumbled forward, hitting my head on the pole. I heard snickering form the boys in the back as I rubbed the bump forming on top of my head. Owwww, at least I didn’t face plant.

After 20 minutes, I got to my destination and walked the rest of the way to a car shop. That’s right~~~ my first hobby is cars. Three years ago, I came here and asked them to teach me how to fix cars. After persuading them, they let me learn here. I get no monetary payment. Instead, they gave me a car with it’s basics and as month’s payment, they buy me a new part to get the car running. Right now it was 80% done. It’ll be done after I make modifications to the engine, fix the interior, and give it a paint job. Red wasn’t my color.

Today, my Sunbae told me all I had to do was standard oil changes and check the water pumps. I chuckled, he gave me the basic jobs because he could sense my frustrations. I started working after I changed from my jacket and slipped on the jumpsuit my sunbae’s noona made for me.

When the clock chimed 10, I told my sunbae that it was time for me to go. He smiled before saying okay. He thanked me for taking care of the tedious things. For some reason today, 53 people wanted their oil or their water level checked. Well, it’s good business. I went to the back and took off my jumpsuit, grabbing my jacket and bag before saying my final goodbye for the night.

On my way home, the bus driver didn’t so the ride was smooth. I just had to text my family members that I was coming home now. They all sent me an “okay.” I started drifting off before a group of boys got on. They were loud and were very rude. The grandmother sitting down near them looked like she was very scared of them. I felt bad, but I couldn’t do anything since the only thing I could do is run.

In-between their loudness, one of them turned around and saw me glancing at them. He stood up and walked over, taking the seat next to me. Now more of them looked in my direction, snickering amongst themselves. The one next to me tapped my shoulder. Reluctantly, I took out the earphone on his side and asked what he needed.

“I want to know why you were staring at us.”

“I was just glancing at you because you and your friends are being extremely loud. It’s kind of hard not to look when you guys are literally yelling for attention.”

“Ha-ha no need to lie, you were looking at us because you think one of us is hot. Which one of us is your type, honey?”

I didn’t notice before, but I smelt a light stench of alcohol on him. He was only partially drunk though so this is his real personality. I sighed in frustration because only two more stops before I have to get off. I tried to lie to get these guys off of my back.

“None of you guys are my type. I like white men.”

The guy just broke out laughing. “You are such a funny girl. There’s no way. Name three famous white guys that is your type.”

Luckily Yongsun is into English music so I said the first three names that I remembered. “Eminem, Justin Timberlake, and Niall Horan” Honestly, none of these guys are my type, I just had to play it off like I did and very soon my bus stop is coming up next.

“Eminem is black, honey.” He had a smug smile showing that he was so sure of himself. I thanked the lord when I got out of my seat because I didn’t need to pass this dude to get out. I stood by the door waiting for it to open so I could get out. The dude walked up behind me and whispered, “where do you think you’re going?”

I didn’t show a hint of fear, even though my heart was screaming from the pressure this situation placed on me. “I believe that I’m getting off. Today was very irritable for me today.” The door opened and I got off. Before the door closed, I turned around and said, “Oh yeah, FYI Eminem is white, search it up.” The dude laughed and I saw that a couple of his friends had exited the bus. They smirked at me as they got closer. So much for playing it cool. In the second they took to lift their foot to go my direction, I ran away already. Not caring about the cars, I ran across the road and headed towards my apartment. I slightly glanced back to see the two chasing me. , you want to try me. I picked up my speed and made it to my apartment building. As quickly as my body permitted me, I swiped my card, punched in the code and rushed into the building. My pursuers slammed into the glass and started kicking it. I stood behind the glass trying to catch my breath again. The two were so frustrated in trying to get me, they didn’t notice the police car behind them. They were arrested and now I had a better peace of mind.

When I headed up, my father was just drinking in the dark. He told me that he wanted a drink since he was off tomorrow. I told him that I was going to wash up and sleep.

Today was so tiring. At the very last moment before I went sleep, I remembered to set up the game on my laptop. Oppa said he’ll help me make an account tomorrow. Once my laptop had shut down, I went to sleep.*SNORING*