Two New Oppas?

Of all Coincidences

May 24

Well, it’s a good thing Jong Kyu made me sleep earlier than usual. Jung Hye called me at 5 to get me up so we could go idol hunting before school started. My mind couldn’t even function properly, but this lady still wanted me to go with her. Grudgingly, I dragged my body to the bathroom to get ready. She came around 5:45 and we left shortly after. We were just going to head straight to school after idol hunting, which in my opinion will be in vain again because why the hell would EXO be up at this ungodly hour!?! Oh my gosh, I sounded like Chewbacca when I yawned. Junggie took me to a café where they were last spotted, to find it empty.

Being extremely sleepy, I cried out, “Eonni, please give it up and let me sleep! We can go idol hunting after school, just let me sleep now.” People, well it was mainly old-timers, watched our little scene play out, which ended with me following Eonni around, stumbling on the little cracks in the sidewalks. She said she would buy me breakfast, but she wants to hunt now when not a lot of fans are around. I think I saw a group of people turning the corner that looked similar to our age who could be idols, but right now it was arguing time so it didn’t matter. “Jung Hye! There’s no fans around because the sun didn’t even rise yet! Everyone is sleeping and we should be too! Didju forget that the principal asked us to show the new student around today?!” Once again, a storm crashed through her parade. Junggie begged me that I took the new student around while she went idol hunting. My red face told her that anger was building up inside of me. She apologized multiple times, saying that she’ll do anything except show the new student around. Our agreement became that she had to buy me 5 bubble drinks to make up for today.

Going around for a little while more, I became more alert. My eyes kept scanning everywhere. To Jung Hye’s disappointment, when we finally found some EXO members (Xiumin, Chen, D.O., Kai, Chanyeol), a group of fan girls already got to them. My Eonni disappeared into the crowd while I leaned against a telephone pole, waiting for her to come back. It got awkward after a few moments just standing there, so I took out my phone and took pictures of the ordeal in front of me. I got a really nice shot of Chanyeol as he signed a girl’s XOXO poster. Looking over to see where my friend was, she was trying really hard to push her way to Kai. Seeing that, a soft giggle came out. Then all of sudden Kai just makes eye contact with me before smiling. Like an idiot, I gave him a 90degree bow to avoid making more eye contact. That was the moment, Jung Hye decided to pop right up in front of me to surprise me. She scared me, so after that all the way to school she kept repeating, “I should call you froggie since you can jump pretty high heehee.”

In school, my appearance is the school uniform with knee high socks, large glasses (For some things, I actually need them.), two braids going down my shoulders (My hair is pretty long, so in the wind it flies like a hurricane.), and my backpack that my aunty gave me. Convenience over fashion. Jung Hye doesn’t put much into her appearance, but she’s naturally pretty so she can get away with it. The guys in our school just aren’t attracted to her because of her obsession with K-POP; she’s two steps away from being a sasaeng. Since I’m the only one that handles her obsession, she loves hanging out with me.

Heading to our next class, I saw that my brother was walking in my direction. He was with his friends so he was an to me. His ‘acting’ as he called it was so real that even Jung Hye doesn’t know we’re related. When we pass by each other, he just gives me glance before tapping his phone in his pocket.

In class, Jung Hye gushed about how Jong Kyu looked at us even for a split second. Another reason she’s not going to find out about Jong Kyu, she has a massive crush on him. A lot of girls in this school do, but I don’t care about them. I took out my phone, brushing off Eonni saying that I’m on the chatting website again. It wasn’t a total lie because I was messaging Taehyun.

“Good Morning Taehyun-sshi! ^_^ I hope this isn’t too early for you.”

“No, it’s perfect timing. Morning time is the best in Korea.”

“…………Hey Ahjusshi, have your hyung or Dongsaeng take your temperature. Only crazy, sick, or old people like mornings. 0.0”

“YAH! Don’t call me Ahjusshi I said!!!! >=( Call me Oppa! Then mornings are the best because there are no lines in the coffee shops >_< Anyway, you have any plans for today?”

“Hmmmm, I might. Tell me yours first.”

“I have school then I have to go to dance and then finally home around 9. Now it is your turn Miyounggie. J

“=[ Don’t call me Miyounggie…Fine I’ll call you Oppa, just don’t call me Miyounggie. I have school as well, then my friend is going to drag me to go idol hunting…”

“Really Idol hunting? Which idols are you hunting? And yay!!! I’m your Oppa now! :D”

“My friend is making me hunt down EXO with her. And I think your day is more enjoyable than mine, Taehyun-OPPA! Keke”

After the last message, Taehyun stopped. I guess he didn’t like the obsession with EXO. It wouldn’t make sense that he didn’t write back because of the Oppa, he’s been a pain about me calling him that. Oh great, I forgot about Jong Kyu.

“Where didju go this morning?”

“YAH! Why aren’t you answering?!”

“EH Dongsaeng, ANSWER”

“Okay okay, don’t get your thongs in a twist. I went idol hunting with Jung Hye again.”

“I’m gonna get you for that comment, but why didju go with her? It was 6 in the morning!!! It was dark outside still yet. Your is supposed to stay in the house when the sun is down. >=I”

“Oh whatever! I went out multiple times before when the sun was down. Besides, we got to see the idols so it was worth it >XP”

“Urgh, sometimes Yongsun is more bearable than you. Class is starting so no texting anyone, especially your chatting friend.”

If I had a middle finger emoticon, this would be the perfect situation. I may not know how to fight, but Jung Hye does and I can maneuver well enough to kick the guy in the balls. Jong Kyu was so frustrating sometimes as well. He’s going to pissed once he finds out that I’m going idol hunting again in the afternoon.

Class was actually starting so I had to put away my phone. My teacher, Mrs. Lee was kind of strict, but she was nice. She introduced the new student, Park Dae-Yeol. She asked me to raise my hand because he was my new table partner. When he sat down, he seemed really shy. Really didn’t want to since I’m an awkward duck, but I said my introductions. He loosened up a bit and it got easier to talk. Jung Hye introduced herself during break time, inviting him to join us at lunchtime.

By lunchtime, I was calling Dae-Yeol Oppa already. He was a gamer and the type that finds it hard to makes friends. Oppa said that he was really happy that I became his friend already. I laughed as we went to go join Jung Hye sitting at the table we always went. The moments our butts touched the seat, Eonni went into full fan girl mode about this morning. I was just nodding along signaling Oppa to do the same. However, I couldn’t stand it anymore. The words, “Please be quiet already, you already explained this feeling you had when you made us hunt down Infinite the last time they were here. Calm down, that’s why you scare away everyone. Sunbae won’t like you if you keep obsessing.” came out in a very harsh tone instead of the intended playful one. Jung Hye used pouty aegyo before munching on her salad. Dae-yeol gave me a smile that had, “thank you for that” written all over it. We started laughing like it was an inside joke. The moment was nice until my phone went off causing me to jolt. My brother texted me again when he was in the same room as me.

“Who’s the boy?”

“Why do you care?!”

“Just answer!”

“He’s a new student, what of it?”

“Your attitude has gotten worse ever since you came to this school. Just make sure the runt doesn’t try anything. This school has a nice balance to it, he better not screw it up.”

“Oh get your head out of your ! We have no balance to this school. Only you and your friends can say that since everyone treats you all high and mighty. Like always, just make sure no one finds out we’re related, there’s no way I would be able to live that down.”

“Brat.”

I just ignored his text since all he did was frustrate me. I still can’t believe I have to deal with this school crap for another year. The year after that, it’s with Yongsun. No matter how much I tried, my father won’t let us go to different schools even though he’s not even home when we come home from school. He claims that ‘we can look out for each other.’ Bull, my brother is my bully, how is that looking out for me.

Dae-yeol asked me if everything was okay, it looked like I was about to break something. “It’s nothing, just an annoying brother trying to control my life.” He nodded and said his case was that his brother was the popular one while he was the hidden in the dark one. Having our little side conversation irritated Jung Hye. She cut off the two of us, starting up her obsessive talk about EXO again, commanding that I have to go with her after school. I just said okay, she still owed me bubble drinks. Dae-yeol brought out his laptop to play his game so he didn’t have to listen to Jung Hye ramble on anymore.

Continuing to eat, Taehyun still didn’t message me back so I decided to ask him, “Taehyun-Oppa do you not like EXO or something?” Within the minute, a reply already came back. “Oh I’M SO SORRY DONGSAENG!!! I forgot to reply because my teacher took away my phone after he caught me T.T I have nothing against EXO, I love their songs! :D My favorite is Wolf, WBU?”

“Ha-ha wow you must at being sneaky then keke XD My favorite song has got to be….Peter Pan or Black Pearl!! I just love the melody for the songs >_<“

“Oh no don’t tell me you’re one of those fan girls or sasaengs since you go after them or as you told me ‘hunt’ them. 0.0”

“No, my friend and me saw some members of EXO today, but since there was such a big crowd, I stayed on the side like a babo :P Don‘t call me a sasaeng!!!! That‘s so insulting to me!!!”

“Oh you were the awkward ‘tiger’ on the side of the crowd today? I was around the area where the EXO members were spotted. Then there was a girl with two braids and large glasses avoiding to get close, was that you?????? XO”

“You live in the same area as me? Uhh, I’m avoiding your neighborhood then. You be a creeper watching me. -w-”

“HEY!!!! I am not a creeper, I’m just visiting for a month and then going back to my family in Seoul. If anyone’s a creeper, it’s you! Stalking down the idols and just watching from afar…You probably have thoughts like “dayummm I would just slam that guy right now in front of everyone’ So do not call me a creeper, you ert.”

“Ewww, just having those dirty thoughts make you the filthy one. D:< The girl you saw today was me and you better remember ‘cause I making sure you never see me again! I feel sorry for what your hyungs and Dongsaeng has to deal with. Sheesh!”

“….that’s going a bit too far, I’m one of the quiet and nice ones of my friends…And why won’t you see me now that I know it’s you? I was just joking around. Please forgive me DX”

His message made me feel like such a bad person, this type of message pisses me off the most because I can’t help but feel sorry for the opposite person. Like the sap I am, “Fine, I’ll forgive you, but why should I meet up with you? O.@ That will probably be more awkward than me just standing around this morning. Plus how will I know it’s you if we were to meet up.”

“Hmmm, well I would know what you look like so I could just meet you :3 But maybe we should until summer to meet up, I wanna go to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!! XD”

“Aigoo, It depends on my mood if I want to meet you or not, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to meet you over the summer. However, there’s no way I’m going to swim if we go to the beach.”

“Aww, if you go to the beach, you have to swim L Are you ashamed or you can’t swim?”

“I hate wearing a bathing suit. The only time I go into the water is if I wear my normal clothes. Protects me from the sunburn as well. If we were to meet up, I’m allowed to bring a couple of friends then.”

“Please tell me not the crazy one from this morning. She looked like she was going to rip someone’s head off if they tried to get in their way. O.O”

“Keke that’s exactly who I would bring XD She’s a black belt in Judo. Don’t worry, most likely my mood won’t let me meet you anyway~~~ Oh the lunch bell rang GTG Oppa!! XO”

I told Eonni about my conversation with Taehyun and she said if I were to meet up with him, she would be there right by my side. I giggled as we entered the classroom. Everyone stared at me because usually I don’t laugh so they reacted like an alien came into the room. I just went to my seat and continued with the rest of the day.

After school, Eonni begged Dae-yeol to let us go idol hunting and she’ll stop talking about the idols during lunchtime for a week. He looked at me and I told him to take it, that’s the best offer she ever has given to someone. He said okay and joined us on our hunt. Like usual, we just ran around based on a tip that Eonni got from her sources. We nearly came up short until Jung Hye saw bright blonde hair and took off. Turns out it was Kris heading back to his dorm after coloring his hair for the repackage of their album. Jung Hye looked like a bullet as she ran up to him. I face palmed myself because she was scaring the out of him but didn’t realize it long enough to back off. Tapping Dae-yeol on the shoulder, I quickly ran up to Kris and Jung Hye. You could see the horror on Kris’ face thinking that I was another fan, but I smacked Eonni across the head so she would direct her attention onto me. She asked what the hell was that for and disbelief just washed over my face. “You are scaring the crap out of everyone on this block. You look like you’re on some type of ecstasy!” She took a moment to reflect to find out her mistakes and apologizing to Kris repeatedly. I apologized too for showing violence in front of him. Looks like he had a hard time following the situation so he just bowed and kept saying he had to go. I repeated more apologies, switching from Korean to Chinese. Kris’ lip went up a little before leaving us.

Jung Hye was embarrassed that she lost her cool like that. I rolled my eyes and looked down the street to see Dae-yeol just casually walking towards us. He just makes me laugh by trying to get along with what we usually do, but anyone could see the discomfort of chasing down idols in his eyes. Junggie made a disgusted face. She grabbed my hand and practically slammed money into my hand. What followed was funny (to me anyway), “Uck, I’ll go idol hunting by myself, you two can go share your date at the bubble drink café so beat it.”

Dae-yeol turned slightly pink while my face just full on crimson. Oppa excused the both of us and went on our way. Eonni’s comment made me so embarrassed, Oppa had to add to the fuel by holding my hand guiding me to the bubble drink café. I asked Oppa how he knew exactly where to go. He told me that one of his hyungs love bubble drinks so he went to get one everyday. Hee-hee who doesn’t love bubble drinks, they’re the best.~~~~

We sat down and had small chitchat. It was mainly about the types of games he plays. He brought out his laptop again to show me the features of the game. I said I would bring my laptop tomorrow so he could teach me how to make an account. Oppa looked really cute when he smiled, it was like around him had brightened up when his mood did.

Suddenly jolting again, I apologized to Dae-yeol who was equally startled as me when a text message came to me.

“YAH! Where the hell are you?!?!” Great Jong Kyu again….

“I went idol hunting again, but right now I’m at a bubble drink place.”

“Wasn’t this morning enough? Get your home now!!! >=(“ I rolled my eyes at the message.

“No.”

“I’m hanging out with my friend and I’ll be home around 6. XP”

“Wait is it the guy from the cafeteria? Where’s the crazy girl?!”

“She’s idol hunting by herself. And yes, it’s my new Oppa, so what? I can have guy friends. FYI, I’m not going to reply after this message.”

I was talking with Dae-yeol in between messages, but he noticed the anger building up inside of me from the texts. He asked if I was all right and said I’m perfectly fine, just brother being a issues again. Jong Kyu starting spamming me, but we have unlimited text messages, I could care less.

When it was around 5, Dae-yeol said that he had to go, his train took about an hour to go to his house. I scolded him that he should’ve told me sooner so he wouldn’t get home so late. Oppa said it was fine because it was just going to be chaos at home with his brother. I giggled at the thought of Dae-yeol trying to play his game while his hyung is annoying him.

I walked him to the train station and waved good-bye. He was such an enjoyable person to be with. Too bad Jong Kyu already disapproves of him.

Well, what do you know…Jong Kyu was being a brat and locked me out of our bedroom. Tired of pounding on the door, I used Yongsun’s and dad’s bathroom to shower. Yongsun’s clothes are big enough to fit me, then there was some of my undergarments hidden in a cabinet since this hissy fit of my brother happened more times than it should have.

It was already 8:30 and my dad just called up saying that he wouldn’t be able to get out of the office until 11 so we would have to fend for ourselves tonight. I told Yongsun the news and he asked what were we supposed to eat then. Not caring about Jong Kyu, “Kimchi fried rice, take it or leave it?” Yongsun happily agreed. Dad at making fried rice while it was my specialty. Dinner was made, but quickly Jonggie’s portion was hidden away as payback. My Dongsaeng took a gigantic portion for himself before sitting on the couch to resume hogging the TV. Then whatever he left, I took so it looks like there was no food left. Jonggie smelt all the food and decided to quit his tantrum. He came out silently to see a completely empty pot. My brother could be so cute when he’s pouting. He goes from 19-years-old to a 6-year-old in a second. He begged me for food saying that he’ll let me hang out with my new Oppa, I just couldn’t stay with him after dark. Rolled my eyes, but took the deal because the dark hours doesn’t apply to Eonni. My brother still stayed as a 6-year-old even after he got the food which was just really funny.

After everything was taken care of, (dishes, Yongsun) I went onto my bed to finally get some private time to look at my phone. This made me realize that Oppa’s number wasn’t in my phone yet. Next on my to-do list after the game is installed on my computer. Besides him, Eonni texted me that she got to see EXO’s Baekhyun, Kai, and Chen. I told her that when she sees Tao, she has to call me no matter what. She said it was no problem, but she knew that tomorrow wouldn’t be a good day to call me. I told her call even if it is tomorrow, still call me. Eonni didn’t reply to me after that so I moved on to Taehyun.

“Hey Dongsaeng are you still awake?~~~”

“Neh~~~ Oppa, I’m still awake.”

“Ha-ha cool, now we can talk. Before I forget, I saw your crazy friend again. She runs like a bullet doesn’t she? Then how come you weren’t with her? o.o”

“She does…. :/ I wasn’t with her because I was ‘on a date’ with my new Oppa >_<“

“WHAT?!?!?! You already got a new OPPA?!?! What does he look like?? DX”

“Ha-ha it’s a secret~~~~ keke but he’s just a new classmate. I get along with him very well so I call him Oppa…….Wait hold on, you seen my friend take off like a bullet?”

“Aww he’s so lucky L He’s your Oppa after a day, while I only became your Oppa after two-three weeks. And yeah your friend was running like her was on fire or something. :\”

“Well face-to-face contact makes it easier to decide if you like the person or not. Then that’s REALLY strange because my Eonni only runs that fast when she sees an idol, so that’s twice you were around EXO. Do you stalk them? :S”

“HEY she was in my neighborhood again!!! So it’s natural for me to see her if she’s invading my area!! X3X”

“Okay~~~~ Whatever you say Taehyun-Oppa. Awww I got to go my brother is shutting everything down and that includes Wi-fi D: I guess sweet dreams then Oppa”

“Okay, Sweet dreams to you too, Miyoung Dongsaeng. X)”

Today was somewhat frustrating but the fun things ruled out the annoying things. I can’t wait for tomorrow since Tuesdays always went well for me. Good night, my journal see you tomorrow~~~ Chu~~