Chapter 6

Fallen Angel

CHAPTER 6

Zach’s P.O.V.

Days passed by and it’s been a week since we met in the hall and it’s been a week since the school had started, we only have the same 4 class (Literature, French, P.E and Chemistry) ,she did not even notice that  we have the same class, all she know is that there is a handsome guy new student in which she did not met yet, I still did not have the courage to speak to her.

She might forget about me. Of course she will! How could I be so stupid? We just met once it and it’s been days on what happen on Hawaii.

The bell rang indicating it was already lunch time, It was my free time after lunch so I decided to just stay on the room on my after class subject and besides I’m not hungry.

I took out my iPod and earphones from my bag, I played a song and put it in a shuffle mode, I let myself comfortable in my sit and I drifted off to sleep.

Emily’s P.O.V

I went to the library to borrow the book Pride and Prejudice I don’t know why but I really love this book, I can’t stop reading it. Instead of eating lunch I decided to immediately go to my next class. As I enter the room I noticed a guy sleeping, he was facing the window though and is he the transferee? I sat beside him since it’s my usual place in the room.

I put my bag beside my chair and sat down, before reading the book I decided to look at the guy, he kinds of look familiar though.

Hmmm where did I saw him?

My phone vibrated on the top of my book, I look at the caller ID, and it was Emily.

“Hello?” I asked her, there were noise but she never spoke

After a few seconds she spoke “Hey Em, where are you?” she asked me.

“I’m in the Annex building, why?”

“You won’t eat lunch with us?” she asked me,hmm

“Sorry but I won’t, I’m here in the room reading Pride and Prejudice” I told her

“You’re being dork again” she teased me, I just groan.

“Did you call so that you can annoy me?” I ask her

“No, I was thinking if we can hang out later with Jasmine, you know girls bonding?” she asked, it seems a good idea since It’s been awhile since we had a girls bonding.

“Yeah sure, let’s just meet at the school gate” I told her

“Okay see you” she said

“See you” I replied back and hang up the phone.

I put it on my bag and start reading the Pride and Prejudice book. We have 2 hours of lunch break during Wednesday and Monday.

*Lauren’s P.O.V*

“Where’s Em?” Alec asked us

“She’s not going to eat lunch she’s being nerdy again” Jasmine replied and ate her sandwich

“Reading Pride and Prejudice?” I asked them, well I already know the answer though, and they nodded in response.

“When will be your game?” I asked Luke and Justin

“Next weekend” they replied “Who are you competing with?” I asked them “Red Dragons” Justin replied. I just nodded, East Lake is really one of our biggest competitor, but the thing is we always win hahahahaah

I ate my lunch and just listened to my friend’s conversations I’m not in the mood to talk though.

“Have you seen the new student?” Emily asked us all. We replied her with yes.

“Isn’t he so handsome?” she asked dreamingly, I chuckled at her, she glared at me “What?” she asked

“We all knew you already have someone” I winked at her, the others laughed, knowing who is the guy that I’m talking about, It’s Emily’s older brother.

“Were not together!” she defended herself but of course she being so in love with Tate, she blushed.

“Oh really?” I asked her raising my one eyebrow, she nodded in response “Then explain the pink shade in your cheeks” I smirked at her, she hit me in the arm.

“Come on you two, stop that” Justin said, knowing there will be a fight coming between me and Jasmine. “But clearly though you don’t have to deny is Jas, we all know” Justin added, we all laugh at what he said, he really knows what to say, Jas just glared at her, knowing we are right.

*Lauren’s P.O.V*

After the teasing Jasmine, we continued eating silently, it’s a nice silence though, were actually eating in the garden right now, and there are many students here.

“I need to go now” Alec said fixing his things. “Where are you going man?” Luke asked him, “Band practice for this weekend’s Battle of the bands” he said, oh yeah I forgot about that though, his band plays really well. “Okay good luck” Luke said, and Alec went back to the school building, getting his band mates I guess.  

After few minutes Jasmine and Justin went to go somewhere too, Justin said there will be club meeting and Jasmine needs to meet someone, so it’s just me and Luke left here.

I took out my algebra book and pen; I feel that Luke is looking at me. “What are you doing?” he asked me, I look at him “I have a test on the last period, I need to study” I said, I totally hate algebra I’m not good with numbers.

“Okay” he said and starts looking on the surroundings, I keep on looking at him, he knows that I’m staring at him, after a few minutes of just staring at him, I gave up, he wouldn’t help me knowing he is not in the mood, he is really good with algebra that’s why I decided to take out my notes, thinking he will help me but I guess not.

I open my notes and start solving some problems, I solved some and some I wasn’t able to solve, I needed to pass this test. After a few minutes of solving, the first hour of lunch time was over, people starts coming out from the canteen to the garden.

“Hey Luke” Katie said, who is Katie? Well she’s no other than the biggest in this school, she literally like flirt with all of the boys here in the school, people were saying her and Luke would be a great couple since they are both a flirt, it pains me because no matter what I do, I won’t be good to Luke.

“Hey Katie” Luke said, flirting with her, she sat down beside me so that she will also be facing Luke, I look at him he completely forgot that I’m here with them, he’s tearing my heart apart.

“Can I ask you a favor?” she asked moving closer to Luke and wrap her arms around his neck, I look at him he like it though, I continued solving the problem that I was solving awhile ago knowing if I will keep on looking them I will just cry.

Why couldn’t I be pretty and confident as her?

“Yeah sure, what is it?” he replied

“Can you help me with my algebra, I have a test later though, and I’m afraid I will fail it and my dad might get mad at me” she said, faking every emotion in her voice, I forgot we have the same algebra, I look at Luke, he was silent for awhile.

No please don’t

Please say no like you said to me

Please Luke….

“Yeah sure” he said, a tear fell from my years, why are you like this?

I immediately run, I tried stopping my tears but everything is just so painful, why would he do that to me? Am I not that important to him anymore?

I curtained my face using my hair in order for people not to see my tears; I don’t want them to know that I have feelings for my best friend, Luke.

Why Luke?

Why would you do this to me?

You don’t know how much pain I’m feeling right now.

*Emily’s P.O.V*

The first hour of lunch break was over; I closed the book that I was reading, I put it in my bag and look at the boy beside me sleeping.

He has a handsome face, hmm is he the new student?

He started to wake up, before I could look away he already caught me looking at him while he was sleeping, I look down and blushed.

“You know its rude to stare at people while they are sleeping” he said, I looking him seeing he was smirking at me, making me blushed more.

“It wasn’t my intention though, your face looks new to me, are you the new student?” I asked him, he smiled at me, he has a nice smile though.

“Yes I’m the new student, and are you sure my face is new to you?” he asked me, I stared at him, thinking if I saw him before, now to think of it, he kinds of looking familiar.

“Oh! Yeah! You’re the guy who fell his books all over the floor in the hallway on the first day of school” I replied, he laughed at me, what’s funny?

“Yeah it was me, but we met somewhere before that though” he said, is he challenging me?
“Really?” he nods “give me a clue then” I added, he rubs his chin, thinking.

“Hmm a gallery” he said, gallery?...

Think Em.. think..

Gallery?

Oh now I know him!
“In the Hawaii!” I said smiling, he chuckled “You got it right!” he exclaimed, we both laugh.

“Sorry that I just immediately flew out” I said, he smiled, what’s wrong with this guy? Why does he always smile? “It’s okay, I understand” he said

We both fall into silence; it’s a comfortable silence though.

The suddenly a thought came into my mind.

“How about I make it up to you?” I told him, he raised his left eyebrow looking at me.

“Why would you do that?” he asked, I look at the window, yeah why would I do that? I just felt I needed to do that though

“Because I just flew out and I did not help you on your books in the hallway before” I said, looking down. He laughed at my words, why is he so jolly? “It’s okay, but I guess I can take your offer” he said I look at him and smiled. “How about we met later in the school gate?” I asked him, he nodded “Where are you taking me?” he asked, “Ahm, there’s this cool place that I know” I replied, I’ve been going there since I was young.

“Okay, but you won’t kill me right?” he joked; I just laugh and shakes my head.

“By the way I’m Zachary Salvatore, but you can call me Zach” he said offering his hands for me to shake while he is smiling widely, I can’t help it but to smile also, his smiles is so contagious and beautiful.

“Nice meeting you Zach I’m Emily Anderson and you can call me Em” I said taking his hand and shakes it. He let go of my hand and cleared his voice.

“Now that we officially know each other, I’m going back to sleep now” he said, before he went back to his sleeping position awhile ago, he look at me, “And by the way, don’t stare at people who are sleeping” he smirked, I just glared at him, he chuckled at my reaction and I smiled a bit.

This guy never fails to amuse me, but the thing is…. Why was it not hard for me to open up to him?

Maybe because there’s something in him that we connect, oh well that’s weird.