Chapter 1

Fallen Angel

Chapter One

They say never to trust anyone, you can only trust yourself because we don’t know when will be people stab us in our backs. So that’s what I did, I hide my true self with the smile that I give them; they don’t know the girl behind those smiles and the girl behind the mask. No one really knows me.

I’m Emily Anderson, my parents died when I was six from a car accident and now I live with my uncle since he is the one who manages the company now. I have friends and people call us the Star Six (I don’t know why, but hey it’s a cool name) I wanted to be a famous painter, uncle says I will be managing the company soon, but I don’t want, I want to live my life in my own way, but my parents were the one who work hard for it. Now I’m getting confused for my future.

“Emily to earth” a voice interrupted my thoughts and I look the person, it was Jasmine she is one of my friends.

“Sorry, what were you saying?” I asked her

“Are you excited for tomorrow?” she asked smiling widely.

I totally forgot about it, we will be going to Hawaii tomorrow for summer vacation, we will be there for a week and then after another week school will start again and we will be in senior.

“Yeah, but I still need to buy some things that I needed for the trip” I told her. “I will come with you since I have to buy something too” she said.

“Cool how about we meet at my house at four?” I asked her

We were currently in a diner, I really don’t know where is this all she said  is that it’s a new diner, we had our brunch in here.

“Yeah sure” she said

“Then I should get going now, aunt needs some help in baking” I told her

“Okay take care” she said.

I walk out of the diner, and took a cab going back home. When I arrived home I saw that uncle’s car is here (which is weird because he never came home during lunch time), I paid the driver and went inside the house.

No one is in the living room, I heard voices in the kitchen I guess they are in the kitchen.

“Dad?” since my real parents died, I’ve been calling my uncle dad (he is my dad’s twin brother)

“Come here, I wanted to tell you something” he said, I sat beside him. “Before you tell me that something, answer me first” I said, he look at me saying I should continue “What did you eat that made you come home during lunch time?” I asked him, he laughed at my comment and mess my hair.

“I have to tell you something, it’s very important” he told me smiling widely, just by his smile I know it’s a good thing.

“Okay, so what is it?” 

“Remember the building that you wanted in Paris?” he asked me, I look at him. “Yeah why?” I asked

“I bought it” he said feeling proud. I look at him my jaw dropping on the floor. No way had he bought that building.

“Stop joking dad” I really can’t believe. When he went to Paris for a bussiness things he bought me with him and then when i was touring around Paris , i saw a building that really caught my eyes, its not that big though but it has a nice view, i guess i will be having my studio there. 

“I’m not, I bought it knowing how much you want that building” he said, I immediately hug him tight and kissed his cheeks and saying thank you many times, he just laughed at me.

“You’re welcome princess” he said. I really love him, he treats me like his own daughter, he never complained on my mistakes and everything. He really looks like dad except that his hair is brown while dad has black I don’t know why though, but the thing is I’m really lucky to have him in my life despite everything. You may be thinking where is his wife, aunt Elsa died when I was 12, I used to call her mom also but she wasn’t able to survive cancer ( cancer) it was too late when they discovered her sickness, they have a son a year older than me (he is like my older brother now) he is in college taking engineering, we are really close , he would come home every summer or any breaks and holidays and the three would spend it together, since then my parents and aunt Elsa died we become the family now.

“Congrats dear” aunt Emma said not taking off her eyes from baking cookies.

“I will help you aunt” I told her. I went beside her and start making the cookie dough some shapes.

“I will be going back to work now” dad said and kissed my forehead.  “I will also be here for dinner” he added and went to his car and off the company.

Aunt Emma is my mom’s younger sister, she lives in Colorado with her husband and her twin daughters. I know far from here in London, she would be coming back tomorrow in Colorado too, she’s been here for a week already, she came here for business.

“Is that a wing?” aunt said looking at the dough that I was holding. I giggled and nodded.

“Are you coming over here for Christmas?” I asked her, last year we went to Colorado to spend Christmas

“Yeah so does Edward” Uncle is mom and aunt Emma’s older brother “Is Anne coming too?” she asked me, Aunt Anne is dad’s younger sister.  Big family right?

“She is not yet sure though because she is pregnant” I was really excited when she told me about it because it will be here second baby.

“Done, all we need to do it wait for it” she said, I nodded.

“Aunt I will be just in my room” I told her and she nodded , I went to my room and plop down on my bed.

You’re confused right? So let me make it clear to you guys. Dad and Uncle Hans are twins and they have a younger sister who is Aunt Anne. While on my mom side, she has a older brother who is Uncle Edward and a younger sister who is Aunt Emma.  You may be thinking what is the name of my parents my mom’s name when they are not yet married is Lisa Hastings while my dad is Robert Anderson.

I really have a big family but its happy because we all love each other.

But the death of my parents is still has a big effect on me but they don’t know.