♫Chapter 2-Like a Cheese stick

♫♪Simple melody♫♪

[Like a cheese steak]

 


Apparently, snoozing is not an option now, no matter how much i wish it was.

"Hyo Joo wake up!" outside of my room i could hear my younger brother kim JiHoo trying to break down the door.

"It's too early." I droned against my pillow.

"Don't make me come in!" he screamed. I wish i woke up earlier now my brother is standing inside my room.

"Yah!!!!!Go away JiHoo!" I sat upright angrily and flung a pillow towards him.

I've always wished that my brother could be many years younger than me so I could boss him around,but no,we just had to be one year apart. Joy.

"Mission accomplished." He grinned. "Noona, it was not my intention to wake you up but omma and appa's orders."

"Wae?"

"They said they have some news to tell you, something that they coudn't wait a few more hours." He shrugged.

"Dont ask me what, i don't know too."

"Arasso." I nodded slowly. I made my way down stairs.

"Good morning what it is you want to tell me?"

"We have news!" my mom exclaimed and started flapping the envelope in her hands wildy.

"What?" I Stared.

"Why don't you see it yourself?"

I shifted my seat and reached for the envelope. I opened the envelope and pulled out the paper inside. I unfold it and gasped dumbstuck at the first thing that i set my eyes on The Dream High School Logo.

"Go on, read it!" my omma began to shriek.

I scanned through the paper hastily. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

"You guys signed me up?!" I screamed finally.

"It was your brother's idea." My appa flashed a broad smile.

"Aww, JiHoo!" I turned towards my brother.

"You want it so bad so I talked mom and dad into signing you up."

"Kashaminda, but how ? I didn't get the scholarship." i said.

"Well, your dad and I have been saving, we have enough for now. said omma.

"Really guys, really?" I breathed.

"Chukahaminda!"

"I love you guys!" I sprinted as we did a group hug. "You guys are the best!"

"Of course we are."

"But how are we going to afford JiHoo's future college?" I frowned.

"I signed up a part-time job." said JiHoo.

"What? that not fair to you." 

"You have a loving brother." said omma

"You know what i will find a part-time job too."

"You're going to work with me?" he asked, surprised.

"Maybe it's impossible to get the same job, but I'll get a job so that we can earn twice as much."

"But it might clash with your schedlue in school."

"I can always take the weekend shift, it better than nothing." I said.

Alright, now you know a little bit more about me. I live in a second-hand house. Even though we got most of the broken stuff fixed, things seem to get destroyed everyday.

"Well if you don't get prepare you are gonna be late for school." My brother said.

"like a cheese stick, like a cheese stick."

"Appa ani!! it's like G6!G6!" JiHoo screamed.

"Oh yeah."

I run up the stairs and prepare everything.

Hair

check

Luggage

Check

Ipod

Check 

School uniform

Check

I began picturing how Dream High would be like. From what i know, a number of famous artist graduated from that school, example like IU, Aliee and many more. Even many producers actually go there to sign new artists every year, Cool right? Although, ialso heard the standards there are pretty high.

Sometimes i really wonder ; where did i ever get this music intrest from? 

"Omma, Appa annyeong"

"Have you forgotten that Chunji is fetching you?"asked dad

Chunji. Lee Chunji. That was the man who will be fetching me to school. According to my parents,they'd known him since he was a baby. they're also good friends with his parents. My parents told me that he is going to the same school as me so they asked him to give ma a ride. He is one years older than me.

"Omma,is Chunji nice?" I inquired, turning to give her a questioning look. 

She furrowed her eyebrows in confunsion. "What? You don't remember? You used to play with him all the time!"

"That was when i was like, six. I don't remember things that long ago," I told her.

"Hyo Joo you used to followed him all the time; don't you remember?

"Erm....should i?" 

"I remember the nickname he used to call you. Hehehe."

"What nickname?"

"There he is!" shouted JiHoo.

I squinted my eyes toward the door, seeing a figures emerge from around the corner of the street. As he grew closer, his appearance became more defined.

"Annyounghaseyo." he greeted us.

Without warning, a strong pair of arms wrapped around me and i nearly jumped. "It's been so long!!!" Chunji said happily. "It's nice to meet you again Hyo~" 

surprised by the sudden physucal contact, it tool me a moment to return the hug. "Um, nice to meet you too," I murmured. my cheeks blushed by his action. Hopefully no one saw that. Had Chunji been this friendly? I couldn't remember. My eyes widened when i realised he call me hyunnie.  Apparently only my appa called me that since i am young how could he know.

 "Appa! You told him my nickname?" 

Chunji laughed loudly.

"Ani, Hyo~ you've got it all wrong. When we were younger you'd follow me around all the time and you were so cute that i nickname you hyo~ and your Appa just stole it from me, apparently."

"Oh." A wave of embarrassment washed over me upon hearing my nickname fall from Chunjis lips. Now the blush was more prominent on my face. I tried to recollect any memory of him, but i just coudn't . He remembered me, but I coudn't remember him. 

"Alright is about time to go." My mom said.

" I've got it," Chunji said to me,  nodding toward the small amount of suitcase on the ground.

After saying goodbye to my parent I got in the car. After a hour of car ride, we finally reached at Dream High.My eyes squinted against the early morning sun. Judging by the blue sky,it was going to be a beautiful day. 

  

This is hyojoo brother JiHoo 

Yay Chunji is here!!!