Chapter 3: Stuck between reality and past

Finding him through memories (Sequel of Finding love in memories)

Finally a chapter again!
Chapter 3 will be really short, because I decided to put the rest in chapter 4.
The reason is because I found it weird to put it together...
Maybe you will understand it when you read it XD
That means I will be posting two chapters today :D!
I hope you love this story as much as I do!
Tinywings


-----

“Taemin, I heard you went to the house.”

Minho said as he sat at the opposite of Taemin. The nod Taemin gave him however was not enough to let the matter pass, so he asked further.

“Why would you want to go there?”

Taemin looked up, his indignant face surprising Minho.

“What is wrong with me going there? Why is everyone acting like this just because I want to go back?”

Taemin said harshly, startling Minho.

“Taemin, I did not mean to be rude, I just thought… You would not want to go there anymore.”

Minho explained, earning an apologizing nod from the younger. Taemin did not want to hurt his hyung, but he just could not stop himself. Everyone is constantly overloading him with questions he does not want to answer, and it frustrates him.

“Sorry, I… I just wanted to get something.”

“I know.”

Minho said while taking a sip from his drink. The shock on Taemin’s face as he heard those words was quite entertaining, as Minho missed the various expressions Taemin would used to wear when talking to him. Even when it was not a smile or laughter, it was still something that eased his heart for the moment.

“It is not that hard to know it.”

Minho said with a playful smirk on his face. Of course he knew what had made the younger go back to the house. The moment Jonghyun told them Taemin was going to the house, they all knew what was going to come. Jonghyun was really frustrated as he told everyone about Taemin, and they had to comfort him to stop him from getting upset. They could not blame Jonghyun, though, because if any of them was to be in Jonghyun’s place, surely they would have been upset too. Even the strongest bond has its limit, and they had to set the limit further every time to be able to continue to support their youngest friend.

“Taemin, why do you not just let the past-”

“I know what you want to say,” Taemin intruded as he looked at the table in front of him, “but I cannot simply forget it.”

Taemin said sadly, making Minho’s heart cringe in pain once again.

“Taemin-”

“Do not force me, hyung, it will not work.”

Minho did not say anything, knowing very well that he could not say anything to beat that. Instead, he went to the bar to get something to drink, something that could ease the rage inside of him. Anything would do, as long as it stops that aching pain inside of him.

“Hyung,” Taemin said as he took place beside him, “can I ask you something?”

Minho simply nodded, scared that if he opened his mouth, harsh words would come out that would hurt Taemin. Taemin wore a small, sad smile as he looked outside the window.

“How would you feel when you know that you are the reason the person you love is gone?”

Minho gave him a frustrated yet pleading look, but before he could say anything more, Taemin threw a rhetorical question behind it.

“Can you forget the person you love just in the blink of an eye, as if it was just a dream?”

“Taemin-”

“Because I cannot, hyung. Such a cruel act, I cannot bear to do it.”

Taemin does not have the heart to forget the past, but he also does not have the strength to accept reality. Taemin is stuck between reality and past, and it is killing him.

“Taemin, it is not cruel to move on. It is cruel to make the people around you suffer.”

“So I am being cruel?”

He smirked painfully. Is that how it is? No matter how hard he tries not to be cruel, he still is in the end. No matter how much effort he puts into it, in the end, it will all be for nothing, because he will still hurt someone.

“I did not notice it…”

“Of course you did not!”

Minho said while hitting the table furiously. He instantly regretted his reaction when he saw the shock on Taemin’s face.

“You,” Minho forced himself to sit down calmly, “you have no idea how much the people around you suffer? Are you really that blind to it, or are you just unwilling to see it?”

Of course Taemin knew that he was treating the people around him unfair. His parents, his friends, he was not being fair to any of them. They are doing their best in helping Taemin, but he did not use any of their support to move on. But, he also feels as if he is committing another sin by receiving so much love from everyone. Everyone is treating him so good, but he does not deserve it. A person like him does not deserve to be loved so dearly.