Chapter 4: Choi Sooyeon

Finding him through memories (Sequel of Finding love in memories)

Chapterrrrrrr 4 !!
From now on the chapters will be longer!
The reason is that from now on, there will
be more interaction between the two :)
The last four sentences are lyrics from
another song, because as some may
know, the first story was based on a song,
and this song was actually meant as a
follow-up.
Taemin is going to shine again! SOON!
Here we go again~!
Tinywings


-----

“Hyung, the new owner is going to sign the contracts today, right?”

Jonghyun gave Taemin an assuring nod.

“I will make sure to settle everything.”

Taemin simply gave his hyung a thankful nod. Jonghyun continued to glance at him, as he knew the younger wanted to say something more. He simply knew his friend too good.

“I,” Jonghyun grinned to himself secretly as he heard him continuing, “I was thinking, maybe I should go with you. I mean, you need my signature anyways.”

The amusement could clearly be read on Jonghyun’s face. What may have brought Taemin to ask something from his hyung did not matter at all anymore. What matters, is that Taemin is showing signs of living again.

“Sure.”

Taemin smiled a little as he heard his hyung’s approval.

“Thank you, hyung.”

-

Taemin sighed as he and Jonghyun were waiting for the girl to come to sign the contracts. He was wondering what made him say he wanted to come. He had no interest in the new owner, but maybe it was because he wanted to have a good look at the person who was going to live in the house that was filled with precious memories, his memories. Maybe it was because deep inside, something was still yelling at him to get the house back. He was trying his utmost best to silence that part of himself, but he failed miserably. And maybe, just maybe, knowing that the house would be in good hands, it would deafen the yelling inside of him. At least, he wished it would.

A knock on the door woke them both up from their thoughts.

“Very sorry,” The girl said as she opened the door and stepped inside, “I could not find it.”

Taemin watched her as she took place in front of him, wanting to have a better look at the new owner. Again, that bright smile never wavered, never disappeared.

“No problem, we just arrived anyways.”

Jonghyun said charmingly, earning a smile from the girl.

“I told you everything before, so today you only have to sign. You can move into the house starting tomorrow.”

Jonghyun explained clearly. The girl nodded gracefully as she listened to Jonghyun.  

“That is great to hear. I only have to sign here, right?”

The girl pointed at the blank spot on the page.

“Yes.”

Jonghyun said and continued explaining the rest of the contracts. Taemin simply stayed still, watching her as she talked with his friend. Taemin knew the girl had noticed his stare, but that did not stop him. The more he stared at her, the more he felt he already saw her before. As if in his past, she had once made a presence. That thought did not stop to linger in his mind, but he could find the right memory to confirm it.

“Taemin, you have to sign here.”

Jonghyun woke him up from his thoughts. Taemin nodded before picking up the pen and slowly put his signature on the paper, using every second to make himself realize that he is selling the house right now, and that there is no way back anymore. 

“Alright then,” Jonghyun said brightly as he gathered all the papers, “I will take care of the rest.”

Taemin and the girl nodded gratefully.

“Taemin, I have to go somewhere. I will see you later, okay?”

Jonghyun said as he stood up from his chair. Taemin gave his hyung an assuring nod.

“Have a nice day.”

He said to the both of them, giving the girl another gentle smile. Taemin waved him goodbye and walked to the elevator. He had to close his eyes for a moment, needing the moment to let himself fully take in the fact that the house has been sold. Suddenly a lovely scent captured his attention, and he could not help but to turn his head to the owner of it.

“Hello,” The girl smiled as she looked up to him, “we meet again.”

He had unconsciously heard her name when they were signing the contracts, but he was not paying attention, so he forgot it already. But somewhere in his mind, the name was still swimming around; he just could not come up with it again.

“Lee Taemin-sshi was it, right?”

He nodded politely, earning a bright smile from the girl. They both stepped inside the elevator as the doors opened, filling it with an awkward silence. Taemin was still trying hard to remember her name, but failed miserably. However, she did something to make him remember it instantly. As the elevator doors opened again, she quickly moved to his ear, whispering something he did not hear for some time already.

“An angel should only smile.”

Before he could stop her, she already ran outside the elevator, leaving him alone. He finally recalled when he saw her, when he met her. It was that fateful day…

Taemin smiled as he took a deep breath. It was the beginning of a new happiness, the start of his two year freedom. He walked towards his new house with pure excitement, forgetting everything around him. Not noticing the running girl from across the street, he walked into her and both fell on the ground. He quickly stood up, wanting to see if the girl is alright, and luckily, she did not look hurt.

 “I am so sorry, are you alright?”

He asked as he gave the girl a hand to help her up, but she did not say anything. The way she looked into his eyes felt uncomfortable, but he let her. After a while, a bright smile appeared on her face.

“Angel.”

Taemin was surprised as he heard her speak, but on top of all, he was surprised with what she said.

“What is your name?”

She asked eagerly.

“Taemin, Lee Taemin.”

Her eyes were shining innocently as she listened to him. She then turned around and ran away, leaving him dumbfounded. He quickly stopped her with his voice.

“Wait! What is your name?”

The girl immediately stopped, turning around gracefully as she wore that beautiful smile.

“Choi Sooyeon.”


“Choi Sooyeon.”

He whispered her name softly, remembering when he had encountered her. The same bright smile that mesmerized him the first time he saw it, he wondered how he could possibly have forgotten it. Even though he had lost that bright, innocent smile, she was still wearing it proudly. Even though he had long ago lost his innocence, she was still shining fully with it. A sole tear fell on his face as his heart was clenching in pain. 

“Please… Please tell me, how I can smile brightly like you again,”

Perhaps with love, there is just fire and smoke that marks passion,
If it is this simple to be happy, it will not take more than one night
Within the heart there are no boundaries, so how can I not be frightened?
Then I discovered, that perhaps the feelings have faded