Chapter one: A year later

Finding him through memories (Sequel of Finding love in memories)

Hello!
Chapter one is finally posted! With the other poster!
I hope you will all enjoy this story as much as I love to write it. :D
Also, for those who have not read 'Finding love in memories',
it is a oneshot, so you can quickly read it if you want! :D
But here is a quickk summary:

We were almost together in a time and space we had unexpectedly met,
but no matter how far we reach for each other, there is always a distance between us.

Taemin arrives in his new house, were he will be living until his coming of age day.
There he finds a diary, that he assumes is from the previous owner. 
He then finds out that he can communicate with her through the diary,
and slowly, they fall for each other, without knowing who the other is.
But when Taemin asks her to meet him, she never arrived.
After Jonghyun told him what had happened, Taemin blames himself for everything.


The reason why she did not appear will be revealed in the sequel :)
I have plotted the whole story already, and honestly, it took me a lot of time,
because there were some details that did not went with the whole story.
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy!
The first chapter (short as always) will be showing Taemin's current state. :)
Tinywings


-----

“Taemin, your coming of age day is coming, right?”

Minho asked as he took place next to Taemin on the bar. Taemin simply nodded, not tearing his eyes from the glass in his hand. His friend felt a rush of pity, messing his calmness. Minho knew what had made the younger like this, he knew it really well. Matter of fact, they all knew what had happened with Taemin in that house. Since then, Lee Jinki has been by his side from time to time, trying to entertain him and to help him let go of the past. Kim Kibum, their diva, goes from shopping to karaoke, just to get the younger to smile again. As for Minho, he was never the kind of person to console someone, so he just stayed by his side quietly, keeping him company. He gave him the silence the others do not give him, supporting the youngest in his own way. However, there was one person who was still swimming in regret and guilt, and that was no other than Kim Jonghyun. Minho knows Jonghyun must think it is entirely his fault that their friend has become like this, but they have made it clear to him that that is not the case. However, as he always had a weak heart for Taemin just like all of them, he cannot help but blaming himself for it. They are all trying their utmost best to make their once bright Taemin come back again, but he still have not move on from the past.

“Taemin, it has been a year already…”

“A year?” Taemin looked up, his glassy eyes reflecting nothing but guilt and sadness, “Time goes so slow nowadays…”

It was hurting Minho every time he heard Taemin’s lifeless words, it was devastating to see him in such a state, but what probably hurts the most, is that he could not do anything about it. He could fight any bad guy who dared to mess with Taemin and win, but he could not erase those cruel memories that were haunting Taemin, and that saddened him. They all have scolded at Taemin sometimes, not being able to hold in anymore, but it was futile in the end. Taemin never showed any regret of how he was living right now, no matter how many times they tried to show him how he was ruining his life. Pleading did not work either, and gradually, they were getting tired of seeing that emotionless face again after hours of worthless words. So instead, they supported him by deeds, and even though the result could not be seen yet, they were sure their friend will come by eventually. In the end, they did not have the heart to give up on their precious friend.

“Taemin,” Minho tried to sound brightly as he held his glass up, “let’s not talk about the bad things and drink until we are drunk tonight, alright?”

Taemin gave a little nod before continuing with drinking, ignoring his hyung’s presence. Minho stayed by his side quietly the rest of the night, giving Taemin the silence support he has been giving him a year already.

---

“Taemin, about your coming of age party,” His father began as they were eating, “I want to give an extravagant party to let everyone know Lee Taemin will officially succeed his father’s business.”

The proud father smiled to himself as he thought about the memorable moment when his son will officially be announced as the new CEO of their business. Living in his own happy bubble, he did not notice the sadness grieved on his son’s face. His mother, on the other hand, saw the grief on the face of her beloved son, but reluctantly decided to stay silent. Taemin never told why he decided to come back home one year ago, but he was never the same Taemin again as he used to be. Even Taemin’s friends, who she has pursued many times to tell her the truth, never let out one word of what has happened in that house. As a mother, it is simply frustrating to not being able to know what exactly happened with her son, but it seemed to be deemed as a closed past already. It is a fact that Taemin is with them now, but it is also a fact that one year ago, a part of Taemin was lost in that house.

“Let’s not talk about work while eating, dear.”

She cautiously said to her husband, who however did not seem to understand her words.

“What are you saying? It is going to be a great day for our son! We have to prepare it perfectly.”

She glanced over her son, and seeing his sad face did not help to lift the pain from her heart. Her husband, his father, has always been the kind of person who believes that a man has to move on, whatever obstacles he is facing. When he saw the sorrowful face on his son’s face a year ago, he decided to overload him with work to prepare him, thinking that would help his son. He did not notice that Taemin was not moving on, at all. Instead, he was sinking more and more.

“Taemin, do not worry. Your friends are also taking their parents’ business already, so you will be able to support each other. However, do not forget that you will have to do your utmost best to show your capabilities. People have to believe in you before they will invest money in our company.”

“Father, mother, I am finished. I will be going to my room, then.”

He stood up from his chair and silently walked to his room. Taemin sighed as he threw himself on the bed. What his father said while they were eating, he should be happy that his father puts so much trust in him. He never planned to rebel against the path his father had made for him, but nowadays, nothing seemed to reach him anymore. His father has reminded him countless times of his responsibility as the new CEO, and it depressed him. The responsibility given to him, he was frightened of it, and he did not have the confidence. One year ago he would have gratefully accepted the road his father made for him, but now, it suffocated him. In his current state, he would not be able to do any good for the company. He is too tired already to do so… He was drowning in a whirlpool of pain, sorrow and guilt, and he just let himself be. Whether it was his friends’ support, or the parental love, it does not make him blissfully happy as it used to do. Taemin knew everyone was waiting for him, he knew it very well. Everyone was waiting for him to smile brightly like he used to be, and to live on like it never happened. However, he cannot. The blame he burdened himself with, is way too cruel to wipe it away from his memory. If only he did not have this curiosity back then, if only he did not wanted to hold onto the precious bond they had, if only… He shielded his eyes with his hand, trying to close himself from everything. He knew there is no if.  But it is that he regrets it so much, that he was the one who made his first love disappear. That is why, he will never forgive himself.