Chapter 9: Sulli, Jinri, and the truth

Finding him through memories (Sequel of Finding love in memories)

Hello there!
Finally another update for this story!
This story is going to end soon, and I am thinking about
making chapter 10 the last chapter, but to make
it a big chapter to finish the story with. :)
The storyline went slightly different than I originally planned,
but maybe it is better so :) At least, I hope so ;)
(Note will be continued after the chapter)


-----

 

“Uh- Mister- No, president-”

“Please,” I chuckled as I saw Secretary Kim having a hard time addressing me, “just call me Taemin. I have known you too long to have you call me something else than that. On top of that, President Lee is my father, I am just Taemin. At least, for now.”

His eyes showed surprise, and he quickly shook his head.

“No! It is important to keep talking formally when working!”

“Then you will have to wait until I am official the CEO of the company, I am afraid. Until then, I will only answer when being called Taemin.”

Satisfaction overflowed me as I saw him slowly giving up. I still did not wanted everything to be ‘official’ or anything. I just want to try and slowly grow in it. After the trip to Japan, and I really enjoyed it, I decided to listen to my father and today was my first day in the company. This was not going to be easy, but I was determined to try it. I would not bear to disappoint anyone another time.

“A-alright, but I will call you young master Taemin then.”

I shook my head defeated. Secretary Kim has always been like this, and certainly it was not something bad. I, too, have to start learning to speak formally when talking to the people around me. I cannot talk like how I used to do when I came to the company, since I will have to carry the title of CEO soon. In other words, I will have to put my childlessness aside.

“Alright, alright, young master Taemin will have to do.”

A warm smile crept on his lips as he walked in front of me.

“I am glad you came, young master Taemin.”

I knew what he wanted to say, since he often came to our house to discuss business things with my father. He knew how I had been looking the past year.

“I am glad too.”

“President Lee wanted you to walk around the company today, so you can see how the company works. At 1 AM there will be a meeting, and President Lee wants you to attend it.”

I nodded my head, secretly smiling that I did not have to do a lot today.

“That will be no problem. Thank you, Secretary Kim.”

“I will leave you alone for the time being, then. If you need my help, you can always come to me.”

I replied him with a nod, and after he left, I took the time to look around. It would certainly be a new challenge for me to take over the company, and honestly, it would be a lie if I said I was not scared. But maybe, it will also be the start of a new journey. Slowly my mind wandered to her, the person I wanted to say something to. After coming back to Japan, I did not have the chance to speak her yet, but I really wanted to say some words to her that are lingering in my heart.

-

He was standing in front the house, her house. It had been a while, but this time, he came with a whole other mood. He was starting to see this place as something precious, instead of something that should have happened. He smiled a little as he pressed the bell, once again the sound soothing his heart. However, his eyes widened as he saw a man opening the door. It was a frightening man, who wore all back as he left the house without acknowledging him. Unconsciously he began to tremble as he realized what a cold person just walked past him, and an uncomfortable feeling was filling him.

“T-Taemin-sshi?”

He looked up to meet a pair of scared eyes. He did his best to smile, but he failed miserably, and she could clearly notice it.

“Are you alright?”

Her caring voice did calm her heart a little, but not completely. However, as he eventually calmed down, he noticed that she was about to break into tears. She may have asked him if he was alright, but in fact, she was the one who was not alright.

“Sooyeon-sshi, are you alright? You look so pale.”

“Ah,” She tried to hide her pale cheeks with her hands, but it was futile, “a little sick, nothing serious.”

“I see..”

Taemin was not naïve enough to believe her, but since she did not want to say it, he would not force her to do so. This time, he successfully put a smile on his face.  

“I just wanted to thank you.”

“Thank me?”

He nodded before showing her the present he had been hiding in the pocket of his coat.

“For you,” he said as he handed it to her, “because of the conversation that night, I was able to move on.”

She shook her head slightly, wearing her usual bright smile.

“I am not accepting that, Taemin-sshi.”

“Why?”

He was puzzled as to why she would accept his present, since it was something he wanted to give her to show her his gratitude.  

“I helped you because I wanted to help you. If I were to accept it, then it would mean I helped you because I wanted to be rewarded.”

He shook my head defeated once he understood her reason. Such wise words, he could not fight against them. Usually Taemin was the one who was smart in words, but she defeated him. She knew exactly what to say to silence the other.

“But Taemin-sshi, I want to ask you for a favor.”

His eyes flickered in surprise as her voice suddenly turned into a pleading one. He nodded slightly, not knowing what other reaction to give.

“Could you… Could you go somewhere with me?”

His heart calmed down instantly. He was thinking she would ask something more than that, and the fact that she did not, made him happy. Maybe he was scared she would want him to stop seeing her, but that was something he still could not figure out myself. The feeling he was feeling whenever he was around her, he wondered if she was beginning to mean someone more than me than just a friend.

“Taemin-sshi?”

She asked, waking him up from his thoughts. A bright smile appeared on his lips.

“Of course.”

-

“Thank you, Taemin-sshi, for coming here with me.”

She said gratefully as we wandered through the streets. We were not that far from the house, but this place was unfamiliar to me. I found it a pity, though, since it was such a beautiful place. The river just next to the path we were walking on right now sounded soothing in my ears, and the chatters from the people around us were pleasant to hear.

“Not a problem.”

We did not say much as we walked, but it was fine like it was right now. The silence was not bothering me at all, but instead, gave me the time to relax.

“Sulli,” My eyes flickered in surprise as she suddenly began to speak, “enjoyed coming here.”

I was puzzled as to why she would suddenly talk about Sulli, but then I realized something. My eyes widened as reality hit me.

“You know Sulli…”

I almost whispered. Shock was written all over my face, and she nodded slightly.

“Yes.”

“H-how…”

She suddenly stopped walking and turned her head to me, looking deeply in my eyes.

“Taemin-sshi, can I tell you a secret?”

An uncomfortable feeling was filling me as I saw the glint of sadness in her eyes. My heart did not want to hear it, but my mind knew she wanted to tell it to me.

“O-of course.”

Her smile was not bright as usual, but instead, was showing her unhappiness that she had been hiding. It did not escape my eyes that she was trying her best not to cry in front of me.

“Taemin-sshi, I am sorry that I lied to you. When you asked me whether I knew Sulli or not, I lied that I did not. I did not want you to know about it, but it seems I will have to tell you. It is not fair to lie to you.”

“What?”

I could not comprehend her words, it was too difficult. However, I continued to listen as she spoke.

“Sulli, was my little sister.”

“Eh?”

Everything she said, I tried to realize what it meant, but I could not. It was as if she told me too much information for me to comprehend. I was trying hard to let the past be as it is, but her words triggered everything I wanted to lock away.

“Sulli is actually Jinri.”

“My sister, Choi Jinri, died because of an accident. She was twelve when she died.”

She looked into my widened eyes, which were filled with utmost surprise. As if she was watching me if I were able to accept the truth, but I was clearly too shocked to do so. Everything did not make any sense anymore. Jinri died, she told me so herself, so how could Sulli possibly be her? It just did not make any sense anymore.

“I do not understand…”

I said with a frown, and she sighed as she saw my expression.

“It is way too complicated for a normal person to accept, I understand. However, Taemin-sshi, what I say is the truth. Sulli is Jinri, because I brought her to the future.”

“Future?”

“Jinri was meant to die, but I brought her to the future, so she could continue to live.”

This was getting absurd. There was no way Sooyeon could bring her sister to the future. How could that even be possible? A forced smile appeared on my lips as I answered her.

“Really funny, Sooyeon-sshi, but I think your joke is going a little too far. I am willing to accept the fact that you ad Sulli are sisters, because that would explain a lot of things, but really, it is a little too much fantasy to believe she is Jinri.”

“Taemin-sshi, I never lie to you.”

I was taken aback with the amount of seriousness she was talking. I still did not want to believe it, it still sounded like nonsense to me, but I could feel myself slowly falling into her words. Once again, I could not stand a chance against her.

“A normal person cannot do so, but I can, Taemin-sshi.”

“But, how then?”

My voice sounded slightly angry, since I could not understand it anymore. Everything she was saying, it did not feel real anymore.

“Because, Taemin-sshi,” Tears finally escaped her eyes as she continued, “I sold my soul to the devil.”

-----

Originally, Sooyeon was not meant to have her soul sold to the devil, but that would not explain her ability to bring Jinri to the future, and it would also not explain the diary (which will be explained later). That is why the storyline has been slightly changed (that is, in my head), but it also made the story shorter. I am thinking about making the next chapter the last one, as I said before, since it would be a nice end this story is needing a end actually :) For now I am thinking about a happy ending, since the oneshot did not end well. :) Actually, I thought about making it longer, but then I would not focusing on the main point anymore, which is Sooyeon's soul being sold to the devil. Also, I feel it is time for me to continue with a new story, but that will come later :)
Thank you for reading
Tinywings