PART 3

LOVE BEGINS WITH MISTAKES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HOW did you guys did your job? I gave you the easiest one but you guys ruined it. How could you get mix up between those two brothers? I want you to kidnap Golf, not his brother,” the man in blue shirt shouted angrily at his two men for ruining his plan to destroy Golf and Susan’s marriage.

     “But boss, those two are really looked alike. Plus he was driving Audi R8, so we thought that we had caught the right person,” one of them tried to defend themselves.

      “Do you guys have the eyes or not? They are not same if you look twice! Why you guys didn’t look at him properly before you drugged him? Stupid! Useless! My plan got ruined for nothing!” he screamed and angrily pushed away all the things on the table using both arms.

“Sorry, Boss. We’ll be careful next time,” they apologized, and that man glared at them with red eyes. His nostrils were flaring as his chest heaved to catch up with his fast breathing.  

“There will be no next time! You guys had ruined everything. This time I’ll pay you guys less than what I’d promised. Stupid!” he yelled furiously and walked away.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

AOM always dreamed to get married with her one true love and hold the beach wedding reception after the traditional wedding ceremony. However she knew that she had to stop dreaming it for now. Perhaps in the future when she finally found the right only, probably her dream would come true then. Right now she had become someone else wife.

     Yes, she had married to a man named Mike Pirath Nitipaisalkul after filing the marriage registration at District Office. Even though Mr. Somboon forced her into this marriage, she knew that he was doing it for her future. When Aom parted with her parents outside the District Office to follow her new family, she saw her father secretly wiped his tears as the car left the place.

     She knew that he loved her, but this was not the way to settle this problem. Not when her husband was also forced to accept this marriage. Mike was quiet most of the time when they registered the marriage, and she could see the glint of anger and hatred in his eyes towards her.

     If Mike was trying to find someone to unleash his anger or dissatisfaction, then he should blame his brother because all the problems were started from him. She was the victim just liked him. Now they had arrived at Nitipaisalkul residence, Mike immediately went inside without waiting for here.

     “Aom, let’s go inside. This is your house from this day onwards,” Mr. Chakrii warmly welcomed his new daughter-in-law while Aom just smiled awkwardly. She still could not believe that the CEO of NPS City Mall whom she had interviewed few weeks back was now her father-in-law.

     “Aom, I know this marriage is so sudden, but I want you to know that we all welcome you in this house. You are my daughter-in-law, so you are the part of our family now,” Mrs. Hathai gently held her hand to reassure her that they all would treat her as family. Golf and Susan also said the same things, but what about her husband?

      What was the point she lived here when Mike could not accept her as much as she was not ready to be a good wife to him? Mrs. Hathai asked her to rest inside the guest room first, and she obliged without any complaint. The maid already put her suitcase inside there but few minutes after she closed the door, she heard the loud bang from outside her room.

     “Mike, where do you want to go with those bags?” she heard the faint voice of Golf at the outside followed by the sound of running footsteps along the hallway until it disappeared from her hearing. Aom left her room and quietly walked to the corridor before hiding herself behind the wide pillar.

     “I have married that woman as you guys wished. So now let me go back to San Francisco,” she heard Mike argued with his family especially with Mr. Chakrii. His father asked her to stay for few days because his flight supposed to be next weekend.

     “But Mike, you just get married,” Mrs. Hathai then said persuasively, but her words just made him mad even more.

     “I never wanted this marriage. So whatever you want to do with her, it’s not my problem. Sorry Mom, I have to go now. I don’t want to miss the flight,” said Mike after he saw the taxi that he had called just now was here.  

     “But Mike..,” Golf wanted to stop him, but Mr. Chakrii held his hand.

     “Just let him go,” Golf surprised when his father said so.

     “But Dad..,” he stopped when Mr. Chakrii looked sharply at him.

     “You can go back to San Francisco, Mike. You have my blessing but remember this. There will be one day where you’ll stop to live in peace. It is when you start to realize what you have left behind; your wife and your responsibilities as the husband. Karma will get on you back,” Mike was taken aback by Mr. Chakrii’s words.

     “Are you trying to put a curse on me, Dad?” he asked as he chuckled in disbelief. They stared at each other before Mr. Chakrii broke it by curling a small smile.

     “No Son. I’m just reminding you. You should go now or else you will miss your flight,” he explained shortly and reminded him about his flight. Aom witnessed the scene with tearful eyes as her heart broke into thousand pieces. As if Mike knew that she was watching him, he stopped and looked at her direction but she quickly hid behind the wide pillar again.

     After a while, she heard the sound of car engine faded slowly, and she knew Mike had left the house. He had disregarded her as his wife by leaving her on the first day of their marriage. Aom clenched the fist on her chest because she felt so painful inside there as if someone had cruelly stabbed her heart over and over again.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

“OUR in-law just called me. She said that Mike went back to San Francisco today,” Mrs. Manee said as she glared at her husband that sat across her. Mrs. Hathai apologized on Mike’s behalf, and she reassured that Nitipaisalkul would take care of Aom liked a family.

     “Now do you think that marriage can really solve this problem? Look what he had done to our daughter. They just get married, but he left our daughter just liked that,” she added furiously, but Mr. Somboon still looked calm in his seat.

     “Give them some spaces, and everything will be better,” he finally spoke after being so quiet. Mrs. Manee’s jaw dropped as she looked at him in disbelief. If she knew that Mike would treat Aom liked this, she should just be disobedient wife and object her husband’s decision to marry Aom into that family.

     “Gosh, it is so easy for you to say that. The one who suffers is our daughter, not you!” she exploded and left Mr. Somboon alone in living room. Talking to him at this moment would not make her feel any better.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

GOLF looked at Susan’s sad face before he hugged her to comfort his wife. He rubbed her back to soothe her as he told her that everything would get better. She felt that it was partly her fault that their family started to break apart. What if she told Golf earlier about those messages? Perhaps they could have be more careful and take immediate action to catch the culprit.

     “I feel so sorry for Aom,” she wiped the tears that pooled in her eyes. Aom did not come out from her room since the evening, and she also refused to join the dinner. Not she was being arrogant, but she just did not want to show them how terrible she had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter