PART 1

LOVE BEGINS WITH MISTAKES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bangkok, Thailand (March 2013)

MIKE Pirath Nitipaisalkul was going back to San Francisco in two weeks time to pursue his study in Master of Business Administration programme in University of San Francisco. Actually he was graduated from the same university almost two years ago. After that he worked with NPS City Mall for more than one year before he decided to continue his study.  

     Mike was getting ready to go out when his girlfriend, Pinky Savika called him using Skype app. Actually he and Pinky used to be a couple, but they had decided to break up and remain as friends after they finished the degree programme because long distance relationship was not easy to handle.

     Pinky lived in San Diego while he lived in Thailand where they would be thousands miles away from each other. That was why they decided to break up for good. However when they reunited in travel trip to Japan and Korea three weeks ago , the old romance rekindled and they decided to get back especially when they found out that both of them were going back to university. 

     “Hi baby. What are you doing?” Pinky asked excitedly after her face popped on the screen laptop.

     “Baby, you call me at the wrong time. I’m going out to meet my brother because I have still something to finish in the office before I leave for San Francisco,”

     “Oh, is that so? Then call me back at night, okay?” Pinky raised his little finger for pinky promise, and Mike chuckled before granted her wish.

     “Okay, I promise to call you later,” Pinky grinned widely, and she gave him a flying kiss before they ended their short conversation. Mike then left the room after grabbing the car key. He was about to go to downstairs when he noticed his sister-in-law was standing on the second floor’s balcony.  

     “Sis, what are you doing here? Are you not going to boutique today?” Susan Kristine was the Russian woman whom his brother had married to almost two years ago.

     “No. I’m not feeling well today. How about you? Are you going to somewhere?” she asked because her brother-in-law was dressed up nicely.

     “Oh, I need to settle something in office. After that I’ll have lunch with Golf. Do you want to join us?” Susan smiled as she politely refused his offer. She just wanted to rest at home, and she told him to enjoy his lunch with Golf.

     “I go first then. Take care and if you have time, please do check up. Who knows there may be little Golf is growing inside you,” Susan blushed when Mike playfully pointed at her flat tummy. Mike then immediately escaped before Susan kicked his for teasing her such way.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

AOM felt little disappointed after the secretary to NPS City Mall’s General Manager told her that Mr. Golf was having a meeting, and she might have to wait around two hours if she insisted to meet him personally. Aom said that she just dropped by to say thank you to everyone that had helped her to complete her individual assignment.

     As the final undergraduate student in Bachelor of Journalism and Communication from University of Bangkok, she had to submit the individual and group assignment as the requirement to sit for the final exam. Aom started to work on the individual project soon after she finished her two months internship in Bautista News Station.

     Thanks to her friend, Utt who was also working at the same news station because he suggested her to approach NPS City Mall as the subject for her individual assignment. Aom glad that she had listened to Utt because most of the management staffs at the headquarter office were friendly and approachable. They made her work became easier and enjoyable.

     “I think I just leave this to you. Is that okay Miss Rania?” Aom passed two dark blue goody bags to Golf’s secretary.

     “It’s not a big deal Aom. So how is your assignment? Is everything okay?” Rania asked, and Aom responded by showing ‘thumb up’ sign. She had to write short journal about this shopping mall and record the video along the process as the proof that she did not plagiarize from any sources for her own benefit.

     “I submitted it yesterday. Now I have to focus on the group assignment which is more difficult and complicated than this,” she sighed, but it did not mean that she would not give the full commitment to it. She was more than excited to film the two hours documentary on the sensational murder cases in Thailand.

     “Then good luck for the next assignment. Oh, one of these for the CEO right,” Rania wagged one of the goody bags in front of her.

     “Yes and please tell him that I wrote the best things about this shopping mall in my journal. If my journal gets selected by the lecturers, it will be published on the university website. Even it is not gets selected, I’ll still send it to Mr. Golf once my supervisor approves it,” she informed Rania about it, so Mr. Robert Chakrii Nitipaisalkul could read if he wanted to.

     “I’ll inform to Mr. Golf later,”

     “Thank you so much. Then I’ll go first and hope we can see each other again,” Aom hugged Miss Rania and thanked her again for helping her. This was one of the memorable assignments she had ever done, and she would visit this shopping mall often after this.  

     Aom then left the office and headed to elevator. In the meantime, she messaged Utt to inform him that she was going to his apartment later after she did the grocery. They planned to have dinner together with his mother, Mrs. Malai and his little sister, Rune at his place. When the elevator door was opened, a tall man walked out while he was looking down on his phone.

     “Hey, watch out where you are going!” he muttered in annoyance after he bumped with her. Aom looked sharply at that rude guy. How could he scold her when it was clearly his fault? Aom huffed in disbelief when that guy just walked away without apologizing to her. She then silently cursed him before entering the elevator.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

“BRO, before I leave this place, what if we go to the club tonight?” Mike asked as he wagged the eyebrow to his only brother.

     “Club? For what?” Golf asked him back. They were having lunch right now in Japanese restaurant, and he pretended not to hear Mike when his brother asked him to have some fun tonight. Mike looked at Golf with puppy eyes as he was still waiting for his answer.

     Golf picked a piece of sushi and stuffed it into his mouth. He was going home after lunch because Susan was not feeling well today. So he was thinking of buying sushi for her since she liked Japanese food. Meanwhile Mike continued pestering him about going to club tonight.

     “Please Bro. I promise that we just going to have drinks there,” Mike tried to convince him. Golf admitted that he was a party boy, but that was before he met Susan. His wife never stopped him going to club or having party with his friends, but he only went those places if she joined along.

     “If that is so, we can go to better place like restaurant bar,” Mike bit his lip after Golf shot him back. 

     “Okay, fine.  Then we go to restaurant bar but promise me that you will come tonight,” Mike glared cutely at him as he pointed the index finger at Golf’s face. Golf just nodded his head without saying a word. That was when Mike realized that Golf nodded just to stop him from continued pestering Golf. He probably would change his mind the last minute and not coming tonight.

     “Hey, what are you doing?” Golf surprised when Mike stole his car key that was placed on table and quickly hid it inside his pocket.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter