PART 11

LOVE BEGINS WITH MISTAKES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“PA, Ma, sorry again for troubling you guys to look after Aaron for us,” said Mike as Mr. Samboon and Mrs. Manee walking them out after they dropped by to have lunch together and leave Aaron under their care for a while because Mike and Aom had wedding invitation to attend this evening. Aom who was still holding Aaron in her arms just smiling as she watched her husband interacting with her parents.

            Although Mike’s awkwardness and formality was quite obvious, she appreciated that he made the effort to bond with her family. She also did not surprise that Mr. Samboon accepted Mike in their house because Aom knew Mike had been here before. Of course Mrs. Manee had told her about Mike’s promises to look after his family, but she just could not bring it in front of Mike.

            “It’s okay. You guys just have fun there, and no need to worry about Aaron,” said Mrs. Manee before she took Aaron from Aom.

            “Aaron, be good to GrandPa and GrandMa, okay?” Mike patted Aaron’s head, but his son just ignored him because he was too engrossed with new car toy in his hand.

            “Drive safely,” Mrs. Samboo reminded Mike again before they left the house. They would drop by to boutique first before going to wedding reception later. On the way to Susan’s boutique, Aom was quietly looking outside the window. Mike could guess the reason of her quietness, so he gently reached her hand to get her attention.

            “We will bring Aaron along next time,” Aom shifted her gaze to Mike after he said so, and she did not surprise that he could read her mind at that time.

            “Did I say anything?” Aom denied although she knew that Mike would not fall for it. He just chuckled as he continued driving the car. Actually Aom was not really upset that Aaron was not with them because she understood that Mike wanted her to make her time for herself and enjoy the event later.

 ************

MIKE stepped out from dressing room and walked toward the mirror afterwards. He chose to wear simple black suit with blue black necktie, and now he was waiting for Susan to finish dressing and grooming Aom inside the next room. Mike glanced at the wrist watch. It was better for him to check out on his wife, so he went to the next room and knocked the door.

            “Five more minutes,” he heard Susan shouted from inside. As far as he remembered, Susan had dragged Aom from one hour earlier before her staffs started grooming him, but he could not complain because Susan must put extra effort to make Aom looked pretty in front of his friends. He bet all his friends must be surprised when he introduced Aom to them as his wife.

            “Mike, Aom is ready!” Mike snapped out from his trance after hearing another shout coming from inside the room. He stood in front of the door, and the door was opened from inside few seconds later. Mike admitted that he had met or seen women that were prettier than his wife but at that moment, he could feel his heart skipped a beat at the sight at Aom.

            She looked so beautiful and glowing in red long dress. Mike gazed her up and down before his gaze fixed at her thigh that could be seen between the slit. Suddenly he felt so possessive and did not want other people to see the beauty of his wife, but at the same time he did not want to be shallow-minded person. After all, the dress did not reveal too much skin.

            “Err..can we leave now?” asked Aom who was getting embarrassed when Mike unblinkingly stared at her. Susan could not help but felt giddy when she saw the love-struck look on Mike’s face.

            “I think you guys will be late if you don’t leave now,” Susan interrupted, and Mike realized that he had been staring at Aom for too long until her face had turned as red as tomato.

          “Oh! Oh, yes. We can leave now. Shall we?” he stuttered in embarrassment. Aom awkwardly smiled and headed out first, leaving Mike behind as he was still suffering from embarrassment. On the way to the destination, both of them only stayed quiet. Aom was quite nervous because this was her first time meeting Mike’s acquaintances after years becoming his wife. She was afraid if they would ask her the detail questions regarding their marriage.

           “Mike..,” Aom finally broke the silence between them.

            “Hurm,”

            “What should I say if your friends ask me about our marriage? I mean.. how did we meet and how we got married?” Aom asked in worry, but he only smiled as the response. He then gently held her hand to comfort and reassure her that everything would be fine.

            “You don’t have to worry anything. Just leave everything to me,” Aom stared at Mike, and she did not know why she suddenly felt at ease after he said so. She decided to trust him and let him handled everything tonight. She just needed to relax but no matter how hard she tried to stay calm, her heart started pounding when they car stopped in front of the hotel. s the event was held in one of this hotel’s halls.

            Mike opened the door for Aom, and he just smiled when he saw the nervousness in her face. So he reached her hand and linked her arm to his while smiling reassuringly at her. He left the key car to valet parking before he entered the hotel with Aom.

           “Don’t be too nervous. My friends don’t eat human,” Mike joke to ease her nervousness and he was glad that his lame joke had made Aom chuckled. Yeah, she should just relax. Meeting Mike’s acquaintances was small matter and easy to handle. After all she was a professional reporter and had many experiences in dealing with people, so she must look calm when met Mike’s friends.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter