Unusual Bet

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How do you know?" Woo Bin questioned.

"Well you guys were outside my studio. After you left, I came out after five minutes to catch some fresh air, and I saw you leave your car and head over to a girl. I thought you knew her so I didn't want to interrupt," Yi Jung replied followed while he smoothly kept his focus on the road as he drove.

"Yeah, it was some girl. She seemed confused and she didn't know her way home so I walked her home... And I left my car by the sidewalk because she didn’t want to get into my car," Woo Bin replied somewhat truthfully. He didn't tell Yi Jung it was the girl who had left his studio.

"Really? The Don Juan helped a girl walk home? That's it. You're not becoming a one woman man are you?"

"What? No! No way, of course not! And she's too young... you know I like older women... not too old, but you know what I mean!"

"Yeah what ever you say man. Wait... was it Jan Di's friend?"

"Who are you talking about?" Woo Bin questioned looking  at Yi Jung's direction.

"You know... the girl that left when you came? The one who I told you that I hate her kind."

"Oh. That's Jan Di's friend huh. Wait, if you hate her kind then why did you bring her to your studio?" Woo Bin changed the topic.

"I just wanted to warn Jan Di about being Jun Pyo's girlfriend, and I thought it would be better to have her own friend warn her. But that girl took it the wrong way and took her anger out on me. I hope I never see her again." 

"Trust me, you don't want to come in contact with her," Woo Bin mumbled to himself while turning his head the other side.

"What did you say?" Yi Jung,  who didn't hear what Woo Bin had said, questioned.

"Nothing. And I don't even know who she was, but I thought it was right to help. Besides, it was dark out and it is not a great time for a girl to be out that late!" Woo Bin tried to explain himself.

"Sure if you say so. So what happened to your coat?" Yi Jung continued with his questions. Woo Bin tried tp shove down the unexplainable guilt that he was feeling and tried to end the conversation.

"What, are you a detective now?"

The ride became silent afterwards as Yi Jung just continued to focus on the road. 

Yi Jung then stopped in front of Woo Bin's house - which was more of a big mansion - and they said their goodbyes before Yi Jung drove off.

Morning came by quickly. Yi Jung had no sleep at all. First he had to deal with Woo Bin and then he had to stay up all night to finish his work. He had to do the best he could for this time, big people were coming to see his work in his museum. He left some of his pieces plain, because he was too tired to work, but he still managed to keep them attractive.

He woke up early only to find someone standing outside his studio. Yi Jung walked over to the door and opened it, and there she stood, the subject he hated.

"You're back early," Yi jung commented dryly with a smirk on his face. "Here to apologize?" 

Ga Eul looked in his direction and rolled her eyes at his statement, "Apologize to you, yeah right! I just needed to return this to your friend. I didn't know where else to give this to him, so can you please do it for me?"

Ga Eul handed a big green gift bag to a very perplexed Yi Jung. Inside the bag was Woo Bins blue coat. Understanding dawned on Yi Jung, and he suddenly realized that Woo Bin had kept the whole ordeal a secret. Why?

He decided to put aside his questions and focus on the task at hand - the ignorant girl. She was about to leave, and Yi Jung didn't really care either way. He turned his back only to be greeted by the disastrous sight he had left his studio in. 

He glanced at the bag in his hand and an idea started to formulate on his brain. Yi Jung hastily turned around and called out, "Wait!" 

"What?" Ga Eul asked in annoyance.

"I will return this to him if you help me with something."  She was rude and irritating. It would be a fair price to put her to work.

"Why would I want to help you?" Ga Eul retorted with her arms crossed and haughty look on her face.

"This coat you just gave me is worth more than you'll ever be, and if gets damaged Woo Bin will have to pay the price. If you know what I mean... plus, this is his favorite coat too." It was a lie. Sure, it was worth a lot, but it was just a plain coat. Woo bin didn't really care about it. He could easily buy a new one if push comes to shove.

"This is all your fault, you know! So I don't have to help you! Do what ever you want!" Ga Eul rejected his request, but Yi Jung could tell that she was nervous.

Yi Jung teasingly headed over to a table full of clay pieces, all melted and spread on the table as a water puddle. He was about to throw out the coat on the puddle of clay as he slowly turn the gift bag upside down, and Ga Eul who understood his actions, burst out nervously.

"I really hate you! What do you want?"

Yi Jung smirked in satisfaction. "You see all this mess here? I need it all to be cleaned. I better not see one piece of clay lying around here when I come back." Yi Jung headed for the bathroom and decided to take his time much more than usual. 

Ga Eul grumbled something to herself under her breath. She looked around for some cleaning utensils, then her eyes stop at the pots and vases Yi Jung had finished and had set to the side.  She observed them carefully. The curves, the top, and bottom circles were made with so much neatness as if done with a ruler, but something seemed missing, looking around Ga Eul finally found what she was looking for and started to work. 

Yi Jung after 30 minutes of shower came out and got dressed. He peeked in his studio, expecting a tired Ga Eul and a clean studio, but instead shockingly he saw the studio the same way he left it. He looked around  and not a single thing was cleaned, then his eyes paused on the table where he had left his pots and vases but they were no longer plain. The outside of his pots and vases were now filled with paint and jewels. The sight of his work all messed up and destroyed awaked a dragon inside him.

"What happened to my work?! Who did this?!" Yi Jung questioned as soon as he reached the table that contained his pieces of work that were now destroyed.

"I added a few touches to them," Ga Eul spoke from behind. Her hands were covered with paint and Yi Jung knew it was her. Loosing his cool Yi Jung burst.

"How dare you touch my stuff without my permission!"

"They just looked so plain so - so I added a few flowers and put gems in the middle of the flowers... so... so they look attractive." Ga Eul was scared of his tone. She didn't think that Yi Jung would be one of those people who lost their cool.

"Ugh! This is why I hate girls like you! Now I can't even make new ones! I have to submit these today!" Yi Jung turned around and faced his work and continued to yell as he put his hands over his hips.

Ga Eul started to walk out with a pout. Then Yi Jung took a deep breath and called out, "Stop! Wait here.  I'll take you with me so you could give Woo Bin his coat back, but don't you dare touch anything else!”

Ga Eul just nodded. Then Yi Jung made a call and told some people to come pick up his vases and pots and to display them into his museum. He had no other choice after all.

Yi Jung after the call, headed out and Ga Eul followed. Then Yi Jung sat in his orange sports car. Ga Eul hesitated to get in, then Yi Jung sighed, "Listen just get in. I won't do anything. Let me be honest, your not m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter