Chapter 11

[on hiatus] One Visual V.I.P.

 

Chapter 11

 

 

“What the hell?! What was that for?!” I shouted at him as I pushed him away.

“I can’t hold my feelings in anymore. I like you!” Takeru shouted back. Eh? I already knew this, but I did not want him to admit it.

“Oh God, you reek of alcohol. You don’t know what you are saying.” I said trying to change the subject.

“I’m sober enough!  I won’t regret it tomorrow.” He said confidently.

“You are going to wake up the neighbors. Get inside.” I said and pushed him inside.

“Once you wake up tomorrow, you are going to regret saying this. I know you.”

“Look, you don’t get it. You might be over me but I’m not over you. I still like you Akemi!” He said walking towards me.

“Hey, watch your step.” I told him. There were books all around the room. But of course, he did not listen to me. Instead he tripped and fell on top of me.

“Yah! Get off!” I told him but then heard a snore.

Are you kidding me?

I pushed him off me and threw a blanket at him. Serves him right. He can sleep on the floor.

I went back to my room. But, I was afraid… afraid that this would happen one day. I hoped he would act like nothing happened tomorrow. I was selfish by keeping him around when I knew that he liked me but I did not want to lose my friend. I needed to find someone else, someone better for him in order for him to forget about me. He did not deserve someone like me.

I woke up and crept out of my room wishing that Takeru was gone. To my dismay, he was still here.

“Good morning,” I said and smiled at him.

“Before you say anything, I’m sorry the way I acted yesterday.”

See I knew he would regret it. I smiled at him. “You don’t need to apologize, I-“

“Wait, don’t cut me off. I’m sorry that I kissed you without your permission but I’m serious about all the things I said.”

Wait, what? He was supposed to deny it, I cannot see him as anything more than a friend. I gulped. “Look Takeru, I’m sorry but-“

“I know you will never see me as anything more than a friend, and well, I just need some time to adjust to that.”

“So you are saying that?-” I was confused.

“That I’ll keep my distance from you until these feelings die down.” He flashed a bitter smile.

“You don’t hav-“I tried to argue but he cut me off.

“This is the best for now,  jaa… mata ne?” He said and left.

I went to close the door behind him and realized that my face was getting wet. I was crying without realizing it. Did this mean what I had dreaded happened? How long would it take him to get over me? I never had many friends, he was one of the few that I could trust and now I had broken him. This was not the way I wanted things to be. I was selfish and I hated myself for it.

Instead of closing the door I crouched down and continued crying.

“Oh, hi Akemi-ch—Are you okay?” Ohno asked sounding worried, crouching down beside me.

He is gone, I thought to myself.

He is not coming back.

You are back to your lonely self.

But, it’s okay. You’ll live. You need to wait for him to get rid of his feelings.

“I’m fine. I don’t know what’s gotten into me.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked.

“It’s just that…. He left me because he likes me but I don’t like him and” I sighed… What was I saying?

“I have no idea what you are talking about but… if you need a shoulder to cry on I’m here.” He said, patting on his shoulder.

“Thank you,” I said and continued on crying while using his shirt as a tissue. Ohno did not say any comforting words but his presence was comforting in itself.

“Yaaah! Riiidaa where the hell are you? We’ve been waiting in the van forever!” Nino shouted getting out of the elevators. “Eh?” He said when he saw us. “What the-“

I was practically hugging Ohno while he was patting my head and I was sobbing. Talk about embarrassing. He would be the last person I would want to see right now.

Ohno stood up abruptly, “There is nothing going on.” He defended himself. Why?

“Oh, so you made us wait so you could play around with Akemi-chan?” Nino asked. Was he mad?

“Yeah. I mean no. She was crying and then—“

“Oh.” Nino said finally registering the fact that I was actually crying. “Are you okay?” He asked me.

“Yeah. I’m fine. Thank-“

“Good, because I don’t want you to cancel the dinner tonight.”

That brat. I thought he cared for a second! UGH! All he cared about was food! “Ugh! You br-!!” No no, I shouldn’t say this. Why did I get so happy when I thought he cared, anyways?

“Oh, go on, continue. Were you going to call me a brat?” he stated.

“Why do you always find the ways to annoy me?!” I asked frustrated.

“Because it’s interesting.” He smirked. My heart skipped a beat.

“What?”

“You are interesting, that’s why.”

“What--?”

“See. This expression you have, it’s interesting,” he said smiling like the brat that he was.

“Whatever. I’ll be waiting for dinner today.” I told both of them and stormed inside my apartment.

“Why are you always so mean to her?” I heard Ohno ask.

“Because it’s fun. Let’s go.” Nino laughed and they left.

He always annoyed me. Oh yeah! The dinner, I totally forgot. I did not even know what to cook. Today was going to be a long day. 

--

A/N: Sorry about the delay I had writer's block :/ Well, the mysterious guy was Takeru! Oh my... XD Anyhow leave a comment and don't forget to subscribe :) oh and i just saw the news about Matsu Jun's new drama!!! I'm looking forward to it.

Are you guys watching Sho's drama with Kitagawa Keiko? They are so cute. Sho is my bias and Keiko is one of the few actresses that I like so i am in love with the drama at the momen :)