Chapter o7

Hoofbeats

Minhye finished cleaning up so she went to look for Mocha and Daehyun. She went to Daehyun’s house thinking that probably he’s there with Mocha. She reached Daehyun’s home and outside was Mrs Jung drying clothes and Mr Jung playing the ukulele.

“Hey there sweetheart, what brings you here?” Mrs Jung asked. Minhye greeted Mr and Mrs Jung and smiled, “I’m looking for Daheyun and Mocha.” She said.

“Oh they are probably at the farm.” Mr Jung replied. Minhye smiled and walked to the farm. Minhye peeked in the farm to see what they were doing.

“Excellent Mocha, you have such wonderful artistic skills.” Daehyun praised. Mocha flipped her hair and smiled.

Minhye curiously entered the place, “What’s going on?” she asked. Daehyun was startled, “Oh my god, could you make a small sound at least, you scared me.” He said.

Minhye chuckled, “Sorry, I was just curious. So what’s going on?” she apologised and repeated her question.

“Well, I was just hanging around with Mocha. Then we got bored so I went to get something for her to play with. Turns out she have some great artistic skills.” He said with a smile. Minhye tried to peek at what Mocha was painting but Mocha blocked her view.

“Something secretive eh.” She said with a smirk. Mocha nodded.

“Let’s go outside for a while and let her do her work.” Daehyun said. Both of them went outside the farm, Mrs Jung greeted them with two cups of hot cocoa and chips.

“Here you go.” She said and left the both of them alone.

“So if I ask you this question, promise that you would not get angry with me.” He said. Minhye felt anxious of what kind of question he would give, “Well it depends on what kind of question you will shoot me.” She replied.

Daehyun took a sip of the hot cocoa before asking his question, “So the other night, care to share what happen but it’s okay if you don’t want to.” He asked.

Inside she felt as though her heart was being crushed for the second time, she took a deep breath. “Well, if I tell you this it would be a secret between just you and me okay?” she said.

Daehyun promised that whatever Minhye is going to tell him later would just be the secret between him and Minhye only.

“So, the other night I was curious of what mum and dad was working as and why they came back home drunk the other day. So I followed them. From what I see mum and dad was working very hard. So I thought maybe they want to go back to Seoul badly.” She paused.

“But then everything changed when I found out they were gambling. They wanted easy money and all they could think of was money and nothing more.” She said.

“But after all they are still doing this for you right? I mean they love you right?” he interrupted.

Minhye just shook her head, “That is where you are wrong.” Tears were forming, “Tell me will you gamble your own daughter if you love her. Not once but more than that? You know how disappointed I was…” tears streaming down her face.

Daehyun felt guilty, he tried to hush her down. He let her head rest on his shoulder, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you that question.” He said.

“It’s okay. I needed someone to share.” She said and huddled him like a kitten.

Daehyun was shocked, he hesitantly lift his hands and gently her hair. “You know, I’m starting to like this life. It’s so peaceful, I have my grandmamma and grandpapa to care for me. I have Mocha when I need someone to play with…” she paused.

“And a friend like you that I can count on.” She smiled.

Daehyun felt touched. It sounded so sincere and pure, he felt the emotion. “Me too.” He replied with a smile.

Right in the middle of that, Mocha called for the both of them. Daehyun and Minhye look towards her. Mocha signalled her head into the farm. The both of them trailed behind her.

Presenting her most beautiful work was a drawing of a girl and a guy holding hands.

“That’s really cute Mocha. Who did you draw?” Daehyun asked her.

Mocha pushed Daehyun closer to Minhye. He signalled the drawing and back to the both of them. “So that’s us?” Minhye asked.

Mocha nod.

Minhye blushed. Daehyun who saw it sneakily held her hand just like what was drawn in the painting. Minhye looked at him and smiled.

------

A/N: So guess who's back with an update? I finally updated after so long. Sorry for the delay guys, school is really tough right now. Anyways I'm here to inform that I will be moving to Malaysia on 1 August. So I would be leaving Singapore and studying there. Well life is going to be much more different so let's hope I'll be able to blend in. Hopefully this wasn't a fail. It's short but I will have something more interesting coming up so stay tune! Comment and Subscribe! Thank You!